drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Can FL Studio be considered a legitimate sequencer?
Go to the bottom of this page Can FL Studio be considered a legitimate sequencer?
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by gls
quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
Fl is good for the resaons that you have stated however the interface is shit

This is completely subjective and not a valid argument, for example I don't like cubase's interface but that doesn't mean cubase is shit.

quote:
the sound is only a 16 bit render for every song and loop

I don't understand this, when I render a song or loop I can render up to 32 bit.

Or do you mean the real time playback of samples? If so you simply change the interpolation settings, make they higher.

quote:
and it eats cpu

Again I would say this is subjective and depends entirely on your computer, I have vstis that use more cpu than flstudio does.

As far as I can tell the main reason people don't like flstudio is simply down to snobbery, they just don't like the fact that a program that cost a quarter the price of their "professional" daw can do almost everything that it can, and sometimes more.

yea it uses 32 point float, i mena you can use 16 bit, or 32 bit both standard and cool pro/adobe audition 32 bit format. 192000Hz actaully. with several types of interpolation. somethin reason doesn't give a choice for.

everything eat's cpu up. hell running Explorer in the background eat's up cpu. that's not a reason it's bad, infack the plug0in's it comes with are fairly cpu free, but now they have included high quality ones that do eat up a lot, but there just as a choie tot he lo quality ones.

so i have used every program out there, and the onyl thing that i would switch over for, is logic, and een then that's just because of ti's interface with the mac os, it's ablity to hook up to hardwarre easily, and the fact that you can do some crazy time strech things with it on the fly, including wav to midi and auto-tune pitch of recorded wav files.

it's arguably one of the best programs, just pro tools is a more stable sound recorder, but lorigcis quite good at recording small snippits.

FL is obviously popular with artist on here like Nick and many others because of it's easy of composing and powerful sound. you want a sample to to hi once, you drag drop done. cubase, you have to dedicate a whole channel for it. reason a whole plugin and a mixer slot.

that ist eh appeal of FL, easy of sample use, and DnB i don't know if you realize but is pretty intensive with sample use.

i am done arguing, if you've gotten the experince with as much musical equipment as me you'd understand, but i mean there's no program better or worse, except Logic. everything else has its ups and downs in comparison with ANYOTHER PROGRAM.

they wouldn't be in business if there wasn't something they offered that no one else does.

they wouldn't be in business if there wasn't something they offered that no one else does.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 24-04-2007 13:09.

24-04-2007 13:02 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I personally consider FL Studio to be a legitimate sequencer that is slowly gaining professional tools and plugins in its becoming of a all-in-one audio software studio. FL Studio 4 was the first version I used, and it was nothing special in comparison to the newest one, the 7. A lot of things were added these years that make it a really capable software studio. I really don't believe that anything that can be done on other programs can't be done on FL Studio!

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
24-04-2007 16:29 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

i just realized that the sample packa dnd rums i made with fl, would take me twice as long to do ith any other sequencer. the ease of FL is good for drums. and you're right man at fl4 i left it cuz it wasn't the best, but they been adding to it and updating it and it's been very useful updates. free for life.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 24-04-2007 16:41.

24-04-2007 16:40 Homepage of Halph-Price
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
to argue this.. the reason why professionals use things liek cubase and logic is becuase theyre general industry standard... theyre quality across the board, and from what ive seen done in both those programs they surpass FL in many many ways... plus if you ever go work in a studio... like a real recording studio.. you bet your fucking ass theyre NOT gonna be using FL

Yeah true but they won't be using Logic nor Cubase either, in recording studios it is Protools all the way, with some using Nuendo.

But that is not the goal of FL, it is not designed for recording and mixing, it is a fun composition tool for electronic music. It might not be top of the line but it surely gets the job done.

Take Protools, it is arguably the best quality software in existence but it simply is not well suited for composing dnb, in that regard FL is far superior.

not a word wrong bro

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

13-05-2007 20:32 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
B-ILLA

Registration Date: 06-05-2007

the right answer is on what program you got used to,

i used FL 3.5, THEN 4.2, THEN 5
and that is the platform im doing stuff on since i know myself as some tunemaker

i tried reason and made some awful things in it (so i stopped to worry myself)

the point is that my friend works everything on reason for a long time

and have same mirror expirence about fruity loops...

its all about how long and how hard you learn everything on the music platform youre on...
20-05-2007 22:03
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

FL kicks ass Devil

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
21-05-2007 19:44 Homepage of baz
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by baz
FL kicks ass Devil

That's the spirit! Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
22-05-2007 09:08 Homepage of Muad'Dib
tipseymonkey

Registration Date: 06-12-2006

haha and finally we come to the point: god save fl
you know i'm not that long into music i think i'm creating for about 1.5 year or something but it's the best program to get into it it's so natural in use
27-05-2007 14:28
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by tipseymonkey
haha and finally we come to the point: god save fl
you know i'm not that long into music i think i'm creating for about 1.5 year or something but it's the best program to get into it it's so natural in use

thats an answer from everyone who only used fruity loops in their production

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
27-05-2007 17:21 Homepage of cynik
Acoustiks Acoustiks is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2700.gif

Registration Date: 28-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

quote:
Originally posted by baz
FL kicks ass Devil

Why, yes, yes it does.

I have used it for about 3 years and it has met up to all my needs. Not entirely VST wise though. It can be just as powerful as any other program, you just have to know how to use it right. I mean the FL6-7 versions kicks ass. The Multiband Compresser, EQUO, Fruity Parametric EQ2, Wasp XT, Edison, ect.

I personally belive that you can get a professional sound out of it, although some would disagree. Fruity Loops is stepping it on up.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Acoustiks: 28-06-2007 11:16.

28-06-2007 11:15
philliez philliez is a male

images/avatars/avatar-2208.jpg

Registration Date: 01-07-2007

nice debate. I definitely learned from it Big Grin
01-07-2007 04:03
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Acoustiks
quote:
Originally posted by baz
FL kicks ass Devil

Why, yes, yes it does.

I have used it for about 3 years and it has met up to all my needs. Not entirely VST wise though. It can be just as powerful as any other program, you just have to know how to use it right. I mean the FL6-7 versions kicks ass. The Multiband Compresser, EQUO, Fruity Parametric EQ2, Wasp XT, Edison, ect.

I personally belive that you can get a professional sound out of it, although some would disagree. Fruity Loops is stepping it on up.

Totally agree. I've been using it for 6 years now. I tried reason, cubase and some other programs, but either they don't have the required flow of work or I didn't got deep in them...

in either way, I believe FLSTudio is becoming one of the best sequencers/DAW studios in the industry, and also is becoming one of the industry standards as many many people now start using it... and also it has a great price, some really good synths (Sytrus for example)... dunno, I guess we all shall see what will happen...

__

-Bene Gesserit
03-07-2007 13:13 Homepage of Muad'Dib
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

many quality tunes made by many established producers came out of fruity loops, so you can't deny it's quality.

I myself don't ever use it but I do respect it in a way I respect a good solid shovel.

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
03-07-2007 19:25 Homepage of cynik
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

to bad one fo teh lead programmers died. that might hurt FL.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

04-07-2007 21:24 Homepage of Halph-Price
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1473.jpg

Registration Date: 27-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

quote:
Originally posted by baz
FL kicks ass Devil

you kno it.

i think the majority of prople on here use fruity fast to pick up good for learning, and it dont take 2mind to bust sumfin out
05-07-2007 07:08
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price

well that cant be good
05-07-2007 07:09
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by PEAHEAD
quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price

well that cant be good

but then mabye they will get some one else wit completley diffrent ideas, could be good
05-07-2007 07:10
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

He was designing the synths. Argu(ru). I guess they can find someone else to make some additive synths programming Big Grin
but RIP for him. I can't even image how his fiancee feels like.

__

-Bene Gesserit
05-07-2007 16:52 Homepage of Muad'Dib
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
He was designing the synths. Argu(ru). I guess they can find someone else to make some additive synths programming Big Grin
but RIP for him. I can't even image how his fiancee feels like.

He designed directwave and deckadance, all the new synths (morphine, toxic and poizone) are made by Maxx Claster. According to Gol Argu did a lot of work on fl7 too, he said he was the main developer or something like that. I just hope they can find someone as good as him to take over.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gls: 05-07-2007 17:38.

05-07-2007 17:36
Acoustiks Acoustiks is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2700.gif

Registration Date: 28-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
quote:
Originally posted by Acoustiks
quote:
Originally posted by baz
FL kicks ass Devil

Why, yes, yes it does.

Totally agree. I've been using it for 6 years now. I tried reason, cubase and some other programs, but either they don't have the required flow of work or I didn't got deep in them...

in either way, I believe FLSTudio is becoming one of the best sequencers/DAW studios in the industry, and also is becoming one of the industry standards as many many people now start using it... and also it has a great price, some really good synths (Sytrus for example)... dunno, I guess we all shall see what will happen...

Six years! *bows down* Yep, I <3 Fruityloops.

Also I did read about that guy dieing. It also sucks he was the leader guy too. Crying
09-07-2007 15:23
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Can FL Studio be considered a legitimate sequencer?