drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FLStudio 7
Go to the bottom of this page FLStudio 7
Author
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

It's just delicious. Making my first track on my new machine in FL7 and it's going pretty damn well Bigup

If you have the money to buy a copy of FL studio, go ahead, it's well worth it. I love this program as much as Photoshop and that one costs 3 times as much.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
19-03-2007 13:11 Homepage of BattleDrone
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

yes yes, it routes together and all, but you get both the track you're routing to and the original track both going to the master. so they are in parallel, i want seiral, where it goes from one to the next.

does fl7 do that?

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

20-03-2007 01:44 Homepage of Halph-Price
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by gls
quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
since fl scrapped the routing system for the plug-ins of 5, fl 6 i only use because it doesn't freeze or crash as much. i loved fl 5's chain routing. now they mae every track be send channle, even thoug hi never go through the 4 sends, adn there's a plug-in that can make any chanlle a send channle TOO!
so basicly one of the greatest assets, the crazy routing, is gone.

would have been cool to instead make feedback allowed in routing. not eliminate it entrily.

before you could have effects for say, snare bass and hats, then route them into one channle to have compression on them all, then it goes to teh master channle. now you have to do them seperatly, and there's no way of mixing them together before the master.

the smart disable for synths is good, a lot fo them have effects on them.

Fl's new routing system is loads better than the old way. I think you need to learn how to use it properly.. have a look at the Audio Input/Output Routing page in the manual.

http://www.fruityloops.com/help/

quote:
To send audio from one insert track to another - Select the source track you wish to send FROM and then left-click the send control switch (1Cool on the destination track you want to send TO. A send-level knob will appear on the destination track that can be used to change the level of signal passed to the destination. By default the SOURCE track will maintain routing to the Master track - If you don't want this then select the source track and disable the send switch on the master by left-clicking it.

Shocked

you're so fucking right!

you just right click on it. how fucking non intuitive. fuck me. fuck
fuck
fuck
fuck
this woulda been useful for the past year.

hell i can think of a vocal track i can now use to this on to group them and compress them. fuck.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 20-03-2007 07:41.

20-03-2007 07:38 Homepage of Halph-Price
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gls
quote:
since fl scrapped the routing system for the plug-ins of 5, fl 6 i only use because it doesn't freeze or crash as much. i loved fl 5's chain routing. now they mae every track be send channle, even thoug hi never go through the 4 sends, adn there's a plug-in that can make any chanlle a send channle TOO!
so basicly one of the greatest assets, the crazy routing, is gone.

would have been cool to instead make feedback allowed in routing. not eliminate it entrily.

before you could have effects for say, snare bass and hats, then route them into one channle to have compression on them all, then it goes to teh master channle. now you have to do them seperatly, and there's no way of mixing them together before the master.

the smart disable for synths is good, a lot fo them have effects on them.

Fl's new routing system is loads better than the old way. I think you need to learn how to use it properly.. have a look at the Audio Input/Output Routing page in the manual.

http://www.fruityloops.com/help/

quote:
To send audio from one insert track to another - Select the source track you wish to send FROM and then left-click the send control switch (1Cool on the destination track you want to send TO. A send-level knob will appear on the destination track that can be used to change the level of signal passed to the destination. By default the SOURCE track will maintain routing to the Master track - If you don't want this then select the source track and disable the send switch on the master by left-clicking it.

Shocked

you're so fucking right!

you just right click on it. how fucking non intuitive. fuck me. fuck
fuck
fuck
fuck
this woulda been useful for the past year.

hell i can think of a vocal track i can now use to this on to group them and compress them. fuck.

@Halph-Price: it's left click all the way...

__
20-03-2007 11:05 Homepage of BattleDrone
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

i clicked the link to the fruity guide, and it say left click for send, right click for re routing. what he saying is total bunk and not helpful at all, but the instruction manule. missed that.

also when i tried loading in past tracsk wtih that it didn't re route them at all. so i figured it was removed.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

20-03-2007 17:31 Homepage of Halph-Price
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
i clicked the link to the fruity guide, and it say left click for send, right click for re routing. what he saying is total bunk

Works on mine; if I left click it I get a send whereas when I right click I get the option to route to that track only. It doesn't really make much difference though, by the time you've clicked the box to route it you could've just as easily disabled the send to the master track with a left click. Just do whatever suits you best I suppose.

Being able to select more than one mixer track would be useful though, for example to route all your drums in one go, I've asked them about it over at image-line but I'm not holding my breath.
21-03-2007 13:27
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
If you have the money to buy a copy of FL studio, go ahead, it's well worth it. I love this program as much as Photoshop and that one costs 3 times as much.

word (but don't do it if ur not making money with it Big Grin )

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
21-03-2007 14:33 Homepage of baz
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

FL7 is the best , especially:

the new knobs
the new parametric EQ and other vst's
the better interface
20-04-2007 00:19
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
Oh, come on guys, FL has awesome sequencer, but it lacks LIQUIDITY. You know, when you put the pattern blocks in the playlist in Reason, you can edit any of them as you want it, with only a doulble click! In FL you should clone the pattern, and then edit it, which is way too slow when your ideas are running high!

The real thing that lacks is MORE HEADROOM, as Friscko says, then BETTER SYNTHS (the only synth that is worth something is Sytrus which takes about 20% CPU power on my 1,8 GHZ machine, which sux).

Anyway, the Piano Roll is one of the most powerful tools I've found in a sequencer!

If you want LIQUIDITY then NEVER use ANALOG TAPE.

stop the machine, mark the tape, cut the tape, attach it back together, reload the tape, then play it againt o hear the edit.

not even mentioning the calibration of the tape before use each day. or cleaning and maintence.
yea FL is so hard to make edits.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 04-08-2007 06:39.

04-08-2007 06:38 Homepage of Halph-Price
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

stop the machine, mark the tape, cut the tape, attach it back together, reload the tape, then play it againt o hear the edit.

not even mentioning the calibration of the tape before use each day. or cleaning and maintence.

Doped

__
04-08-2007 11:10 Homepage of BattleDrone
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
quote:
Oh, come on guys, FL has awesome sequencer, but it lacks LIQUIDITY. You know, when you put the pattern blocks in the playlist in Reason, you can edit any of them as you want it, with only a doulble click! In FL you should clone the pattern, and then edit it, which is way too slow when your ideas are running high!

The real thing that lacks is MORE HEADROOM, as Friscko says, then BETTER SYNTHS (the only synth that is worth something is Sytrus which takes about 20% CPU power on my 1,8 GHZ machine, which sux).

Anyway, the Piano Roll is one of the most powerful tools I've found in a sequencer!

Don't be a bitch, Halph Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
07-08-2007 01:06 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Stickying off this one...

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
08-08-2007 12:23 Homepage of Muad'Dib
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Stickying off this one...

why ?? Big Grin

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
08-08-2007 13:01 Homepage of baz
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 3 4 [5]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FLStudio 7