drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FLStudio 7
Go to the bottom of this page FLStudio 7
Author
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
quote:
Originally posted by cynik
how about a decent sequencer, cubase style? then I'll start using it

If you want the cubase sequencer, then just use cubase Tongue

nah, can't stand it's odd logic, the fact you need fifty mousclicks for something really basic..r
Not if you master all the short cut's on the keyboard,..that's an art in itself,.and once your good at it,..the shit flow's.

__
Space
20-03-2006 23:20
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1473.jpg

Registration Date: 27-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

ive never worked on cubas or logic or protools. but ive worked on reason 2.5 n fruity 3 to 6

i dnt reali like the interface of reason. yeah u can basicly do all the same shit but the layout is shit i think it takes to long to do things in reason. mabye in fruity tho, they shud have a playlist like reason. which i foud u tend to make more variation becuase u dnt have to make new patterns all the time. u jus add hits in the playlisnt now and again. and the only way of doin this in fruity is make shit long patterns

im probley chattin shit now so ill leve it at tht and see what u lot say...
24-03-2006 09:27
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by PEAHEAD
ive never worked on cubas or logic or protools. but ive worked on reason 2.5 n fruity 3 to 6

i dnt reali like the interface of reason. yeah u can basicly do all the same shit but the layout is shit i think it takes to long to do things in reason. mabye in fruity tho, they shud have a playlist like reason. which i foud u tend to make more variation becuase u dnt have to make new patterns all the time. u jus add hits in the playlisnt now and again. and the only way of doin this in fruity is make shit long patterns

im probley chattin shit now so ill leve it at tht and see what u lot say...

yes you are... reason's interface is piss simple once you get the hang of it, which isn't much effort really. learning curve is quite fast.. it's the fact you're coming from fruity background, and reason really is a totally different concept

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
24-03-2006 10:20 Homepage of cynik
Uproot Dj Uproot Dj is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1557.jpg

Registration Date: 30-03-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Man, whoever said sytrus takes up 20% cpu must have a shit computer.

Ive been writing in fruity loops for around 4yrs now. Ive found that its structure is so much easier to handle than any other platform for writing dance music. However, including fl6, Fruity Loops is now just a vst synth that I only use for its instruments, maybe sometimes a beat. It lacks freedom. It has a 16bit output, as apposed to nuendo 2 and reason 3 having a 32 bit output. And now im running out of things to do with it.

I would recommend to every user who sticks to fruity, expand to steinberg and reason, use fruity loops as a plugin and your production will go through the roof.

__
"What takes years to build can be brought down over night... Build Anyway" - Ghandi
30-03-2006 08:22
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

any ways back to what fruity 7 should have.

i think it would be a good idea if the knobs worked like z3tas where u can use the mouse wheel to adjust them. alrite its not much of a upgrade but i think tht it would be well used. becuase i always use the 1 on z3ta to get precice settings.
30-03-2006 09:36
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

You can combine CTRL key with your knob adjustments in FL to set them at extreme preciseness!

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
30-03-2006 12:27 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Damn right Peahead, if you play around with Reason or Cubase you always wonder why FL has such bad soundquality. Especially the mixdown is kind of a disaster. Noo Cry

No, it is not! I have experiences that tell me that FL has amazing quality. The mix engine is way below Reason's but it copes with it using a few tricks.

The only set back is the headroom.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
30-03-2006 12:30 Homepage of Muad'Dib
detox

Registration Date: 15-04-2006

I would suggest having a brighter color background instead of all that gray. i think it would be a nicer enviroment to work in. i'm not syaign FL should look like all of the big sequencers, but a brighter background does wonders when your trying to write something in my opinion......oh and how about a name change to please all of the homophobic americans that laugh and giggle at the word "fruity". heh Confused

also i would like to see db or pan values instead of % values when tweaking knobs. bigger and bolder value fonts for everything. a db readout on the main peak master. that would be more useful than trying to guess if its peaking or loading up a fruity db meter..fruity spectroman can be alot bigger with a readable db and hz Y/X graph.
15-04-2006 19:16
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

FL has db readout on the master (and on every fx channel) in the release 6. Check it out!

I think the gray features are great. Personally, I hate white or bright colours as they hurt my eyes. I even tend to read white text on black background, as it doesn't have a white background to hurt my eyes. Fuck looking like a real sheet/page.

__

-Bene Gesserit
15-04-2006 19:28 Homepage of Muad'Dib
detox

Registration Date: 15-04-2006

yeah i know about the master and fx channels. i was refering to the main monitor (u know that little window near the bpm), for quick referencing. i guess i'll be more specific next post. Big Grin
16-04-2006 07:22
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by detox
I would suggest having a brighter color background instead of all that gray.

You could try finding some skins.

quote:
Originally posted by jnf
that's wrong, i recently discovered that with the scisor tool, you can cut your patterns and it automatically send the cutted part to a new sample slot which is free or not i don't remember

Could you explain this a little more detailed? I don't really understand, but I would like to know how it works.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
16-04-2006 13:02 Homepage of djfreemc
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Concerning the color sceme I would like to have skinning or atleast some settings for basic colors as I use a laptop most of the time. This thingy has a rather high resolution (which is fixed) so some smaller screen elements are almost invisible through all the low contrast greyish colors.

Also when you have several effects open and they are all almost on the same location (blood overdrive, reverb, ...) you tend to lose the overview on which knob belongs to which effect.

As mentioned before I absolutely hate the fact that you can not see the value of a knob without turning it.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
16-04-2006 14:03 Homepage of BattleDrone
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
quote:
Damn right Peahead, if you play around with Reason or Cubase you always wonder why FL has such bad soundquality. Especially the mixdown is kind of a disaster. Noo Cry

No, it is not! I have experiences that tell me that FL has amazing quality. The mix engine is way below Reason's but it copes with it using a few tricks.

The only set back is the headroom.

tru tru
17-04-2006 10:17
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Concerning the color sceme I would like to have skinning or atleast some settings for basic colors as I use a laptop most of the time. This thingy has a rather high resolution (which is fixed) so some smaller screen elements are almost invisible through all the low contrast greyish colors.

Also when you have several effects open and they are all almost on the same location (blood overdrive, reverb, ...) you tend to lose the overview on which knob belongs to which effect.

As mentioned before I absolutely hate the fact that you can not see the value of a knob without turning it.
17-04-2006 10:18
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

can u get skins for fl anyone know???
17-04-2006 10:18
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by PEAHEAD
can u get skins for fl anyone know???

There are some by standard in FL, but they suck, they just change the color of the bpm counter or something like that.

I found some on http://www.fruityloops.host.sk/skinz/skins.html. They're not too spectacular, but maybe you will like them.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
17-04-2006 20:07 Homepage of djfreemc
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

You got me there. I hope for that too.... Smile

__

-Bene Gesserit
17-04-2006 21:52 Homepage of Muad'Dib
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
quote:

You got me there. I hope for that too.... Smile

What you can do is right click, copy value. Then right click again and it'll say paste value and the value. Bit long winded but it works.
18-04-2006 02:58
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

I think the main thing that bugs me about FL is the global snap value. Having it set to 1/4 step for drum edits in the piano roll, then having to change to bar for the Playlist, then back to 1/4 steps, LLLLoooooooonnnnnggggggg!!!.

Also I think it would be really cool if when copying a whole pattern that you could copy all of the automation data within that pattern. Also, seperate lfo's for pitching on the 3 osc would be really nice. But fruity does rock!
18-04-2006 03:04
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
quote:

I'm not too sure about this. If you load a sample in flstudio, record it, load it as an audio clip (with reverse polarity) and play them both at the same time you hear silence. Which basically means fl does not alter the sound during mixdown or export, therefore if you get a bad mixdown from fruity its because you've done a bad mixdown!
19-11-2006 23:09
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FLStudio 7