drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Slides and Granulizer
Go to the bottom of this page Slides and Granulizer
Author
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

they don't seem to combine in my 3.56?
The slides in the piano roll work very well for samples looped with loop-points, but when I use em with fe a bounced reese sample in a granulizer they sound stuttery, like they step up in notes instead of pitching up fluently...
Can I prevent this to happen? I need/want some pitch bent reeses for a track i'm working on now

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
08-03-2006 15:20 Homepage of Friscko
Tenbucc2 Tenbucc2 is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 06-03-2006

i know what you mean. sometimes the slides don't work... not sure if there is an unexpressed rule to sliding key. if you get desperate you can always automate the pitch... but if you're working with a bounced sound i guess that presents a problem unless you're set loop points.
not even sure if the automation is all that elaborate in 3.56. you might want to upgrade... it's free unless you got a cracked version!!??
08-03-2006 23:21
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

I think that you might be better off automating them yourself, its also worth using the grain speed cotrol along with the pitch. I expect that becuase of the way granulizers work, as the pitch is shifted downward, the size of the gaps between the grains will increase, and since the pitch adjust the pitch of the grains rather than the actual sample, the slides will sound stuttery. The best bet would be to use the grain speed control to decrease the size of the gaps which should help to smooth out the slides.

I wouldve thought it would be easier to take a much smaller sample from the wav and use it as a grain in the 30sc synth. This way you should get a similar result without having to twiddle lots of knobs to slide the pitch about.
08-03-2006 23:56
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

This track shows how it sounds like now, at 01.17..

I've put the granulizer on a settting that it plays the sample like it sounds, with offcoarse the ability to play melodies with it and make it stop where u want...

quote:
Originally posted by Tenbucc2
it's free unless you got a cracked version!!??

Wink

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
09-03-2006 11:07 Homepage of Friscko
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Slides and Granulizer