drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » another effect for each pattern
Go to the bottom of this page another effect for each pattern
Author
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

well.. I'm workin' in FL for about 2 months now & I'm still trying to find out how to put a different fx on each pattern?

like: pattern 1: reverb
pattern 2: phaze
pattern 3: distortion
pattern 4: ... and so on

how the F can I do this?

__

16-02-2006 20:01 Homepage of Rude
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

make sure all samples of your pattern are in 1 fx channel, or reroute them to 1 channel first. Then assign the effects you want to use to that channel. After that, use automation to turn the effects on and off.

edit: if you want the effect on all your sounds you can put them in the master channel too offcourse.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 16-02-2006 20:08.

16-02-2006 20:06 Homepage of djfreemc
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Uhm, well, you can't put effects (FDoped on patterns ... Big Grin

Anyway, for the channels of the separate patterns you can put the mixer with separate FX channel, but don't know what exactly you need.

I think you need to trigger these effects when you put a certain pattern on the playlist, right? Like, when you put pattern 1 somewhere, and when the playlist time marker, while playing, comes to the pattern, it triggers distortion or reverb on some channel, rite?

That's easy - determine which pattern will trigger your effect.

Say, it is the pattern number 8, or labeled "Reverb".
Put a reverb effect in some of the FX channels. Say, in the second FX channel.

Now, link the instrment channel (whatever, a slayer plug in or else) to the second FX channel. You can do that as djfreemc pointed.

Go to the FX again. Seek for the reverb effect. On its right there is a green light. This is used for switching off/turning off the effect. Turn it off (by clicking it). Now it should not light.

Select the eight pattern (the labeled "reverb") in the playlist. Go to the FX again, and seek for that switcher again. Right click it and select [Edit Events]. Now a new piano roll type window appears. This is where you can edit the events that trigger the switch (or any other knob/switch whatsoever). Think of it as a fine polishing tool for values that you can automate and record.

Select the paint or draw brush. Move it to the top left corner of the drawing surface, and click once. The whole surface now paints to the infinity (rightwards).

Now, when the time marker touches the pattern on the playlist it will triger the switch on. IF you paint the drawing surface on zero (the lowest left, or everything below the halph) it will trigger it off, if its on.

Try it yourself now Wink Bigup

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
16-02-2006 21:11 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Tenbucc2 Tenbucc2 is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 06-03-2006

put a send on each sound's fx channel and map them to one effect channel. drop and aditional send in there and then automate the send's knob to the different fx you want. hope that makes sense
13-03-2006 20:26
Uproot Dj Uproot Dj is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1557.jpg

Registration Date: 30-03-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

I would never put all of the sounds from 1 pattern in the same mixer channel, mainly because you cant effect each sound individualy to make them more prominent in the mix. If you want to reverb or phase a certain number of instruments in separate patterns, you will have to automate the send FX to go on and off when you want.

If you dont know how to automate FX, just say. Smile

__
"What takes years to build can be brought down over night... Build Anyway" - Ghandi
30-03-2006 08:13
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » another effect for each pattern