drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Question & answer session with Limewax
Go to the bottom of this page Question & answer session with Limewax 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

yo ,

i agree about the use of hardcore basskicks , those are verry good n effective.
Those in composition with a reece or distorted synth and a hard drumline makes it total ruff.
I use the same elements in my tracks too and i allways want it to be harder n harder just to shock people.
anyway love your tracks
Shock Shocked da people with them hardcore basskicks Happy
greetz Greyone

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Greyone: 19-02-2006 20:04.

19-02-2006 18:38
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

Do you let other people listen your tunes and comment it before saying it's finished? (i let my dad do that task Tongue )

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
19-02-2006 18:56 Homepage of Friscko
ethex ethex is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-1521.gif

Registration Date: 02-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by LIMEWAX
quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
Cheers for doing this. Got a couple of questions. Not to concerned about the tech stuff as I think thats for everyone to work out for themselves, its easier to understand it that way. Im more interested in the personal stuff. (Not that kinda personal stuff!)

First off, did you ever make a consious effort to get a career in music ie. sending demo and generaly pimping yourself, or was it more a case of someone hearing you stuff by accident and getting in contact with you? Did it take a long time to cement your carrer, are you on the bread-line?

I didnt send any demos actually, got hooked up by accident and the rest floated.

quote:
are you on the bread-line?

im sorry my english is not that well but i think u mean or i can make a living out of it?.. its realy hard tho, its all about playing shows, get paid for releases can take a while sometimes and u have to be sure that ur rent is on time.

quote:
Second off, do you write stuff that youd never release because of style or something, like piano pieces. Or do you spend a while on one or two tunes that your definate on releasing? How long do you spend writting a tune?

that can be diffrent.. sometimes make a tune in 1 night, and sometimes takes a month. the stuff i do besides drum and bass is so far just for myself.

Happy ever tryd to make something softer?

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ethex: 20-02-2006 09:50.

20-02-2006 09:47 Homepage of ethex
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by ethex

Why should he do that? There's already enough softer stuff out, and ya can't get enough hard stuff imo Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

20-02-2006 14:02 Homepage of Surya
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

When writing a track, 7 minutes can be a long time - what do you do keep things interesting from start to finish?

And also what is your favourite tech itch track? Big Grin Wink

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Yawn: 20-02-2006 15:13.

20-02-2006 15:13
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
quote:
Originally posted by ethex

Why should he do that? There's already enough softer stuff out, and ya can't get enough hard stuff imo Big Grin

right on Devil

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
20-02-2006 16:42 Homepage of baz
baz baz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

i've only gots one question (probably the most stupid one to Big Grin )
i've been trying to figure out what software u use for live performances
i've been wondering my ass off bout that Huh
cheerz Big Grin

__
20-02-2006 16:59 Homepage of baz
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by baz

As far as I know he doesn't do live performances. But all livesets by other producers I've know of were with Ableton Live Wink

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

20-02-2006 17:18 Homepage of Surya
ethex ethex is a male
Player

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by baz
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by ethex

coz drum n bass aint all about reece,heavy loops and distorted vocals!

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ethex: 20-02-2006 19:31.

20-02-2006 19:29 Homepage of ethex
baz baz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by baz

As far as I know he doesn't do live performances. But all livesets by other producers I've know of were with Ableton Live Wink

thx surya Bigup

__
20-02-2006 19:51 Homepage of baz
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

Offtopic

Ethex, are you a bit frustrated? Wink Tongue

Q: Do you use any outboard equipment like analogue mixers and/or reel2reel tape recorders and stuff?

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
20-02-2006 19:55 Homepage of Friscko
ethex ethex is a male
Player

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
Offtopic

Ethex, are you a bit frustrated? Wink Tongue

Q: Do you use any outboard equipment like analogue mixers and/or reel2reel tape recorders and stuff?

naah man just luv them titties! Big Grin

__

20-02-2006 20:18 Homepage of ethex
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by equipped
Cheer's for doin this Happy ,....How do you go about getting your bass level's to sit where you want em in a track?,...do you use a sound analyzer of sort's, or your trusty ear's?,..or both....and when listenin to the level's of your bass to get them right, do you put your track through several different source's like->car sterio,..cheep ghetto blaster,..hi fi sterio ect ect..?..if so what's the best in your experiance?.....When comparing my track's to the pro's,.. my bass is allway's to dam loud,..did this in my car sterio for example,...so if i get the bass soundin right for my car i can't hardly hear it let alone feel it when in the studio,...speaker's i produce with->(Behringer Truth's b2031's)....your feedback is much appretiated..

yeah sometimes its hard to get levels right between a high reece and deep bass, i usualy stand on a lower floor or next to my room to hear it.. that works for me
cheer's for the feedback,..i'll give that a try.. Cool

__
Space
20-02-2006 20:56
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
yeah sometimes its hard to get levels right between a high reece and deep bass, i usualy stand on a lower floor or next to my room to hear it.. that works for me

I just lowpass the whole track, which gives kind of the same effect...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

20-02-2006 21:22 Homepage of Surya
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
I just lowpass the whole track, which gives kind of the same effect...

thats also good or seeing how the bottom end of ur kick sits with the sub, especialy if your using sidechain

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

20-02-2006 21:52 Homepage of D2o
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
Originally posted by baz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by baz

thx surya Bigup

NNNoooooo!!!! Please dont use ableton, The only reason that so many people go on about is is because they havent used anything else. There are so many other options. Loads of people use trackers like audio-mulch or Octamed. Or you could build your own live tools in reaktor. Everytime Ive played a live set all the ableton heads have been asking what Im using because it does a bucket load more than ableton does. anyway Offtopic
20-02-2006 22:57
baz baz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by baz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by baz

thx surya Bigup

NNNoooooo!!!! Please dont use ableton, The only reason that so many people go on about is is because they havent used anything else. There are so many other options. Loads of people use trackers like audio-mulch or Octamed. Or you could build your own live tools in reaktor. Everytime Ive played a live set all the ableton heads have been asking what Im using because it does a bucket load more than ableton does. anyway Offtopic

an ur only usin' reaktor or what???
(shit's gettin kinda off-topic ere right Big Grin )

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by baz: 20-02-2006 23:13.

20-02-2006 23:12 Homepage of baz
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

Yup, just reaktor. ATM moment Im using a setup which lets me mix and beatmatch tracks together. Play different breaks over the top, add synth parts, and everything can be pulled around in real time. For example, you could get a loop rolling and twist it around in a similar way to if you sliced it up in fruity, but its all played using the keys on my laptop keyboard. (all the beats can be saved as midi data so you dont have to keep playing the keys for an hour). You can also play in a bass/synth line and save the midi data into a sequencer (again in real time) so you only need to play the line once and the sequencer will keep playing it back which means that you can mess around with the synth settings. Ive also been playing around with recording audio in (again in real time) and as soon a youve finished playing the part you can get it playing back in time and then pull it about. On top of that you can load up some effects to pull stuff about. Its difficult to get as complex arrangements as Id like, but its a good laugh. This is still just scratching the surface but Im limited by the power of my Laptop. Eventually Id like to get to the point where I can just play a set completely improvised, completely of the cuff but I expect this wont be till I get another Laptop. I was a bit harsh though. Messing around with something like ableton is good in a way because it'll give you a good idea of how to put a set together.

Anyway, WWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYY of topic. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by baz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by baz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by baz

thx surya Bigup

an ur only usin' reaktor or what???
(shit's gettin kinda off-topic ere right Big Grin )
21-02-2006 01:32
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Watch out for off-topic campaigns, as they ruin the integrity of the thread Wink

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
21-02-2006 16:56 Homepage of Muad'Dib
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

Sorry (Hangs head in shame) Frown
21-02-2006 17:14
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Question & answer session with Limewax