drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe needs a new server!!!
Go to the bottom of this page Dnbbe needs a new server!!!
Author
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2132.jpg

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by peet
soz but what a bunch of sorry-ass bullshit.

for $99,- a month dreamhost offers a dedicated hosting package with a P4, 512mb, 30gb space, 60gb backup space, and 4000 GB of bandwith per month.

STOP BEING SO NAIVE AND STOP SCAMMING PEOPLE'S POCKETS LIKE THIS.

yeah but whose gonna pay the 99 dollers a month,a small donation dosent hurt alot of people, and its a personal choice if you wanna help out, i dont think chronics intention is to scam anyone.
17-04-2006 08:53
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by jemone
quote:
soz but what a bunch of sorry-ass bullshit.

for $99,- a month dreamhost offers a dedicated hosting package with a P4, 512mb, 30gb space, 60gb backup space, and 4000 GB of bandwith per month.

yeah but whose gonna pay the 99 dollers a month,a small donation dosent hurt alot of people, and its a personal choice if you wanna help out, i dont think chronics intention is to scam anyone.

he is greatly mistaken.. for that fee the server will repay itself in 10 months..

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
17-04-2006 11:41 Homepage of cynik
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:

Lol I checked this out.

1. Their price per used bandwidth is like 10 times lower than the majority of the competition. The word 'scamming' indeed comes to mind.

2. 30GB of space is not enough. 4TB of bandwidth is way too much. This doesn't fit the sites needs at all.

3. They require you to sign up for a year and pay the whole lot in advance. So that will mean paying 1200€ in advance, and you're stuck with them for a year. So I would have to ask people to donate money to pay for the hosting instead for the server Roll Eyes

4. Check out the reviews on webhostingtalk.com about dreamhost, the most often recurring words are 'overselling', 'bad service' and 'hidden costs'.

5. If you think that I'm scamming, this site's hosting has already cost me well over 6000 euro. I will have to start some very serious scamming if I want to make some profit out of this in the end.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
17-04-2006 11:56 Homepage of thechronic
jemone jemone is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2132.jpg

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

dont worry about people chronic, keep doing what your doing, fair play to ya
17-04-2006 12:55
Hidden identity Hidden identity is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 17-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.21

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:

Lol I checked this out.

1. Their price per used bandwidth is like 10 times lower than the majority of the competition. The word 'scamming' indeed comes to mind.

2. 30GB of space is not enough. 4TB of bandwidth is way too much. This doesn't fit the sites needs at all.

3. They require you to sign up for a year and pay the whole lot in advance. So that will mean paying 1200€ in advance, and you're stuck with them for a year. So I would have to ask people to donate money to pay for the hosting instead for the server Roll Eyes

4. Check out the reviews on webhostingtalk.com about dreamhost, the most often recurring words are 'overselling', 'bad service' and 'hidden costs'.

5. If you think that I'm scamming, this site's hosting has already cost me well over 6000 euro. I will have to start some very serious scamming if I want to make some profit out of this in the end.

What'd be cool--is if one of the members hosted for you--if they could.

I thought that there were free forum hosts existent, though.
Places like GM claim to have free hosting.

__
I'm trying to unfuck my sig.
21-04-2006 07:09
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

We *have* free hosting at the moment, but the bandwidth and available space is somewhat limited, so we can't offer sample packs and our whole music library atm.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
21-04-2006 08:01 Homepage of thechronic
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe needs a new server!!!