drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe needs a new server!!!
Go to the bottom of this page Dnbbe needs a new server!!!
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

How about fund raising.....
- selling cookies from door to door.
- a big huge tombola.
- Bingo - night

- Or ... just concretize the idea of "the big DnB.be-party"

with the proper people with the proper connections , a few euro's could be gained too.

just some toughts, but i'll contribute too.

cheers

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
12-02-2006 12:42
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1614.gif

Registration Date: 06-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

Crying Bad NEWS.
But since I have a true job, I earn rather well my living and I life always in my mother house, therefore all this money which I gain is for me, I do not spend about it badly but I could make a gift, on the other hand I will prefer the method paypal.
If the method paypal is definitively cancelled, send to me a PM to explain me how functions the transfers of money

edit: GOOD IDEA FOR THE DND.BE PARTYYYYYYYY

__
Devil soundcloud.com/machette Devil

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by chomp: 12-02-2006 12:45.

12-02-2006 12:44 Homepage of chomp
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by muphasta
- Or ... just concretize the idea of "the big DnB.be-party"

Bigup

and get the T-shirt idea of the ground Wink

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 12-02-2006 12:47.

12-02-2006 12:47 Homepage of Friscko
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK !!! Evil

when I want to carry out the payment, it is said to me that my number of my blue card is associated on an account paypal, but I remember any more the password or the address!!!

I go in the heading password forgotten or addresses email forgotten and there when me for my name, adress... are asked, they are invalid!!! (maybe because of the telephone number)

how can i resolve this problem ????

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by chomp: 12-02-2006 13:32.

12-02-2006 13:30 Homepage of chomp
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

if not will I have a bank account number, that be enough to make an international transfer????

__
12-02-2006 13:31 Homepage of chomp
@1$-)
unregistered
can you not try and sell some advertising space to people? yes its shit browsing sites full of adverts but if thats what it takes to keep it running then fair enough......have you not tried selling space to some of the labels or other dnb websites? can you not sell it on the basis of the traffic you get? how about selling space to promotors wanting to advertise their nights?........ i could try and send some business your way if that was the case but as for me donating it aint gonna happen cause i can barely pay my rent. you could also look for a sponsor, any dnb.be members have any relations that might consider sponsoring the site for promotoional purposes???......and if you can get some financial backing then the merchandising and cds could perhaps follow, maybe a business plan and a meeting with a bank manager is not a bad idea. think big.............maybe im being naive. hope it gets sorted.
12-02-2006 14:15
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

and u could try to get one of those banners like on doa, with publicity for the newest releases and stuff.. Confused

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
12-02-2006 15:21 Homepage of Friscko
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Yes well we tried all that haven't we?

- all t-shirt designs were crap + it is too expensive to mail them outside belgium. I also don't have the cash to get a design made and have them printed.
- the party thing was too complex to get organized, several attempts have been made but they never went through.
- i have the google ads as an income, but most site visitors ignore the ads completely. I got a click rate average of 0.5%. Other ad networks give you extremely annoying moving ads or popups and pay even less than google.
- sponsors? I got 0 response from 50+ mails sent. Then I tried the personal approach and spent several hours phoning and driving around to find a sponsor. I tried software houses (sequencers, plugins, ...), hardware manufacturers (yamaha etc), DJ shops, even energy drinks vendors etc. Nobody is interested. They don't see the point in spending 50 euro on advertising on a site which is completely targeted at their niche market, they rather spend thousands of euros on leaflets, magazine ads and trade shows. I gave up, public relation managers are complete idiots.

I'm willing to give the sponsor thing another shot, I mean we now have 5000+ members and 1500+ tracks on the site, they might be interested now. But I really need the new server up and running before I can do that, if they would notice that the site is down several times a week they will never be interested in sponsoring.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
12-02-2006 17:18 Homepage of thechronic
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
- a big huge tombola.
- Bingo - night

ROFL Hihi

The trouble is that all these activities require funds to start out with and a considerable amount of time, but thanks for the suggestionsBig Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
12-02-2006 17:22 Homepage of thechronic
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:
- a big huge tombola.
- Bingo - night

ROFL Hihi

The trouble is that all these activities require funds to start out with and a considerable amount of time, but thanks for the suggestionsBig Grin

an what bout the party-thingy? Cool

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
12-02-2006 17:37 Homepage of baz
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

I should be able to donate a few quid, though nothing major cause Im just a student.
12-02-2006 18:38
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
Yes well we tried all that haven't we?

er....i dunno, i dont pay that much attention. the party ideas a bit daft anyway because your always likely to lose money for a while before things get going.
dont you have any useful contacts fom your studio work? they might not directly have any use for the site but theres always someone who knows someone. have you thought about advertising for sponsors or adverts on other dance music forums? i know its kinda frowned upon but most of them have a spam section or something similar.

if you want any help in terms of contacting people or promotion online because you dont have the time let me know what you want done and ill do it, and im sure im not the only one willing to help. how many hits a month do you get?
12-02-2006 18:41
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

damn this sucks...if i get some extra cash...id be glad to donate... the site has done many things for me...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

13-02-2006 02:40
DjSlut DjSlut is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 27-08-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Ouch.
I'll donate some money as soon as i can. Hopefully next week.

__
VAS
13-02-2006 03:54
Hypoxic Hypoxic is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1578.jpg

Registration Date: 10-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Quick everyone go and click on some google adds!!!

Would love to give you some cash but I'm kinda in a fair bit of debt.
The bank( Devil ) currently owns my soul.

But I will be more than happy to click adds everytime I come on this site.

__
There is no now like now!

www.myspace.com/hypoxicmusic

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hypoxic: 14-02-2006 08:30.

14-02-2006 08:29 Homepage of Hypoxic
jemone jemone is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2132.jpg

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

hi there,
the great thing about this site that i have noticed since been on here is the community feel, like a family, and in my opinion if we all get on top of this we can move mountains.
ive sent you a bit of money mate through paypal, aint alot times are tough belive me, but this site is definatly one of the things that gets me through.
all the best kid.
peace jemone,
pps the sooner we get a decent server the sooner i can make your ears bleed with my debut tune,lol
14-02-2006 09:30
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Hypoxic
Quick everyone go and click on some google adds!!!

Google puniches site owners if the visitors click the ads too much, so don't go clicking them like a madman!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

14-02-2006 10:37 Homepage of Surya
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

i'm in, i'll see what i can miss, but i'm in 200%.

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
14-02-2006 11:56 Homepage of Soi
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

Ill send you over a donation later today. It wont be much coz im pretty skint at the mo but i'll do what I can to keep this site going.

Smile Bigup
14-02-2006 12:41
zzero zzero is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 26-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I honestly dont understand how u calculated the amount of money u need but isnt 1800 euro a bit much and maybe misscalculated? Huh

why do u wanna buy the server yourself and even buy licences for the hosting software ??

Renting a dedicated server is much cheaper and usualy backups are included in the service package or cost a few euro's more

eg: http://www.hetzner.de/rootserver.html

regarding the hosting software , there are even free opensource alternatives that are decent enough to use
14-02-2006 13:26
Pages (6): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe needs a new server!!!