drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe needs a new server!!!
Go to the bottom of this page Dnbbe needs a new server!!!
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Dnbbe used to be running on a server which was hosted at a data center in Atlanta, USA. The server was a very old Pentium III which had already been in use for several years before I started to rent it for this site. It had been faithfully delivering forum pages, sample packs and tracks 24/7 for nearly three years without any glitch.

These good times are over though, the aging server had been developing some hardware problems and was overheating. The site often became unreachable for hours, sometimes even a whole day. To avoid the risk of the harddisk becoming damaged I've made a backup of the whole server and have shut it down on February 14, 2006. May it rest in peace...

I have now moved the site to a new shared host. The bandwidth and available disk space are currently very limited, so at the moment only the forum and a select number of track downloads are accessible. Unfortunately that means no more sample packs and 1500+ tracks available for download for a while... Frown

Now to get everything back to normal we will definitely need a new dedicated server! Unfortunately this stuff is very expensive. A cheap but reliable server already costs around 1000€ and I need around €200 for a remote control panel license too.

Please, if you like this site, donate me some cash so I can get the new server!

In return for your cash you'll not only get a much faster dnbbe with plenty of room for thousands of new tracks, but I will also make a honor list of all people who have donated, and you will be able to surf the site without advertising in the future. I will think about some other nice things I can do to return the favour.

I have put up a Paypal link on the front page. If you don't have a credit card which is necessary for paypal you can do a bank transfer.

Thanks guys!! Keep dnbbe alive!

Check this thread for a list of Received donations. Check here for a discussion about putting the new server together.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-02-2006 19:19 Homepage of thechronic
camo camo is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2157.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Yo chronic!

im on it!

plz send me ya bank account. it wont be much i can give, but i think this site is great. good community. so keep it alive Bigup

cheers

camo

__
keepin it rollin`

www.myspace.com/camopdj
11-02-2006 19:38
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

i need account,.might take a week but shouldn't be a problem helpin you out chron,.. Bigup

__
Space
11-02-2006 20:08
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

why dont u just post ur banc-account number here too?
there's nothing other people can do with it but to put money on it.
I'll see what I can do, dont have to much money as i still gotta pay my dad 100€ back...

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
11-02-2006 20:27 Homepage of Friscko
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Every bit helps!! Thanks for the reactions, I sent a mail to my bank to ask for the IBAN and BIC-codes that are needed for international money transfers.

I'll get back to all of you when I get the info.

If you do a bank transfer, put your user name in the 'notes' area so I know who you are Bigup

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-02-2006 20:34 Homepage of thechronic
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
why dont u just post ur banc-account number here too?
that can't be good,.. Frown ,..idon't know though Confused maybe put thread in producers private board before makin a move like that..

__
Space
11-02-2006 20:35
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

too late...lol

__
Space
11-02-2006 20:35
Eycequeen Eycequeen is a female
Sexy Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-831.jpg

Registration Date: 26-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

For sure I would love to help if i can - english pounds ok?? Please mail me or PM me account details.

It would be tragic if this all went under!

__
Make it dark and nasty, make me ache, give me the aural orgasm that only bass can deliver.
11-02-2006 20:36
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

lol no you're right it's a bit too personal. Who knows what a smart korean could do with that info lol

__
11-02-2006 20:37 Homepage of thechronic
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic

If you do a bank transfer, put your user name in the 'notes' area so I know who you are Bigup
sorry had to qoute this so i won't forget this important point.. Big Grin

__
Space
11-02-2006 20:38
Nosrac Nosrac is a male
Bag of Hammers

images/avatars/avatar-837.jpg

Registration Date: 15-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
17 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.76

I'm all for donating a good chunk of money, but lets say you don't raise enough money and the site goes tits anyways - would we get a refund on our donation?

__
Tunes pictures and info: Myspace Page
MP3's: Acid Planet Page
11-02-2006 20:49 Homepage of Nosrac
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

pm me the account too Bigup

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
11-02-2006 21:03 Homepage of cynik
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

yo chron , i'm practilcly living on a shoestring currently with students style dinners etc but i'll give at least £20 of my hard earned cash without a second thought.

It aint much but as you say every bit helps and this site is part of my daily life

Respect

__
My Sounds
11-02-2006 21:05
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Nosrac
I'm all for donating a good chunk of money, but lets say you don't raise enough money and the site goes tits anyways - would we get a refund on our donation?

I'm not going to let this baby die, rest assured. I'll refund ofcourse in the slim chance that there will be no new server, in case a nuclear war breaks out or something Big Grin

I have another server ready which is paid 100% by my web design clients, but as said that one can't serve the tracks and sample packs because of space and bandwidth limitations.

If the new server is ready the google ads will hopefully be sufficient to fund the hosting, so even if I would die in an accident the site can continue forever Smile

__
11-02-2006 21:23 Homepage of thechronic
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i wouldn't have gone to school and gotten on my way to what i love if not for this site. i'll gladly donate, even though i am a student. good thing i dumpe dthe girl, ALL THAT FREE MONEY!

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

11-02-2006 22:04 Homepage of Halph-Price
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

I'd gladly donate if I had the chance, thing is, I'm economically ass-raped...(and they say Norway is the best country to live in, HAH!)

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
12-02-2006 01:49 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

ahhh damn, this sucks. shit man, that would really suck ass if this site went belly up. this site has been actually one of the few places i keep going back to just for the fact there's soo many cool ass people up in here. hmmm, im all about donatin' where i can. i'd like to see what everyone else is gonna do so i can see where i need to help and how much i can. Bigup keep this shit goin.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
12-02-2006 05:18
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

maybe you should buy a cheaper server and leave the track upload.

__
MySpace
12-02-2006 05:19 Homepage of Rudeone
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by rudeone
maybe you should buy a cheaper server and leave the track upload.

Any suggestions for a cheaper server? I've spent over 12 hours looking at specs and comparing prices.

If you get the cheapest barebone 1U case + motherboard, the cheapest Opteron CPU, small 80GB server harddisks and only 512MB RAM you end up with a price of 1000+ euro. This will be the slowest and cheapest new server money can buy at the moment. The speed of the server will be more than enough for the time being but will need some upgrades in the future if the site keeps expanding the way it does now.

__
12-02-2006 05:29 Homepage of thechronic
anf0 D anf0 D is a male
CXNT

images/avatars/avatar-1601.jpg

Registration Date: 31-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
16 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

id love to donate some cash but im seriously poor at the moment... just moved n started school again.. and dont have any way of sending money. good luck

__
[R] CentaSpike :: Tracks
12-02-2006 08:01 Homepage of anf0 D
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe needs a new server!!!