drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Fading question for fl6
Go to the bottom of this page Fading question for fl6
Author

Registration Date: 06-02-2006

'lo, got a little question. I was making some DnB in Fl six and I have a problem. How can I make certain background sounds fade away? For example I put in this dark tone which I want to last for approx. 20 seconds, but it doesn't stop untill the end of the song. How can I do this?

Might sound very noob-ish but I'm quite new to this Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba-Sick: 11-02-2006 11:36.

11-02-2006 11:36
Ba-Sick

Registration Date: 06-02-2006

Nvm, I found the record button ;P
11-02-2006 12:19
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Originally posted by Ba-Sick
Nvm, I found the record button ;P

well that ain't the easy way neither m8
try right clickin on the volume control button (left of the channel)
then click edit events
with this u can edit it on a time base ; same thing for panning Bigup

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
11-02-2006 14:22 Homepage of baz
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

u can put the sound u want in the piano roll and play it as long as u want. Then u can adjust the volume (and cutoff and stuff) with the piano roll.
(Or that's how I do it in FL 3.56)

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
11-02-2006 15:28 Homepage of Friscko
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
'lo, got a little question. I was making some DnB in Fl six and I have a problem. How can I make certain background sounds fade away? For example I put in this dark tone which I want to last for approx. 20 seconds, but it doesn't stop untill the end of the song. How can I do this?

if a sound wont stop playing your software is glitching...which has been my problem with FL6...its got TONS of bugs stil..and its no better than 5...

if i were you, id suggest going to 5 and learning that software...its exactly the same...the only different with 6 is a few new features which are un-necisarry, and the mixer layout is a bit more confusing...

when you get 5 runnin...do it the same way the previous guys said...

you can do it 2 or 3 ways...

send the sample toa mastering channel...then record the volume change...or

right click the volume button the sample settings, and edit events... then draw out your volume change... (for a strait line, use right click to draw, for a curvy line less controlled one, use left click)

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

11-02-2006 19:04
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
quote:

if a sound wont stop playing your software is glitching...which has been my problem with FL6...its got TONS of bugs stil..and its no better than 5...

if i were you, id suggest going to 5 and learning that software...its exactly the same...the only different with 6 is a few new features which are un-necisarry, and the mixer layout is a bit more confusing...

when you get 5 runnin...do it the same way the previous guys said...

you can do it 2 or 3 ways...

send the sample toa mastering channel...then record the volume change...or

right click the volume button the sample settings, and edit events... then draw out your volume change... (for a strait line, use right click to draw, for a curvy line less controlled one, use left click)

if sounds don't stop playin an they is samples it'z just u who didn't adjust the waveform dude
an fl6 is way better than the 5 m8
just check out the slicers new feature's an the fpc vst (ain't cuz u can't work with it that it's un-necisarry)
so i'd say
bullshit fl6 iz massive

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by baz: 12-02-2006 14:56.

12-02-2006 14:53 Homepage of baz
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Try using slides.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
14-02-2006 09:51 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Tenbucc2 Tenbucc2 is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 06-03-2006

um??? am i trippin? are you asking how to fade out a sound?
if so why not right click on the volume knob in that sequence and "create automation clip" then draw in how long you want the sound to fade out for???
07-03-2006 00:42
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Fading question for fl6