drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Need help!
Go to the bottom of this page Need help!
Author

Registration Date: 30-01-2006

Hi,

I'm new to this musicmaking thing and I want to make some nice Hardcore on my pc, but I don't know how to do it. I have Fruity Loops 7 XXL studio edition or something like that(the newest FL).

Thanks already!

Nuhvok
01-02-2006 19:44
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

How about you download the Hardcore samplepack by Friscko from the sample section?

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

01-02-2006 20:58 Homepage of Surya
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

And, there is no FL 7 anyways Big Grin

So you got Fl XXL huh? Mighty program, should get you started right away. Look after the break structures and distortions that make the hardcore what it really is.

Spare a word if you need a hand. Bigup

BTW, welcome to our mighty land.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
01-02-2006 21:01 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by Nuhvok
Hi,

I'm new to this musicmaking thing and I want to make some nice Hardcore on my pc, but I don't know how to do it. I have Fruity Loops 7 XXL studio edition or something like that(the newest FL).

Thanks already!

Nuhvok

i have fl5xxl but there is no 7 moron.. 6 hasnt even been officailly released yet... SOOOOOOOOO... yea..

but check friskos sample pack... hes obsessed with the hardcore biz... but youre gonna find mostly jsut dnb here... sure hardcore is a stem off the break culture... but im not sure many of us could help... but deff check the sample section.. TONS of stuff to get yoursefl started with...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

02-02-2006 00:24
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

I think the best method with hardcore is to make it quickly. Otherwise you'll loose a lot of the aggresion that makes it what it is. If you get your samples sorted first (or download the samples) and then find yourself a good dirty kick, a nice trashy samre, crank the BPM up and go mental. Dont bother about structure and stuff like that, just get some ideas down as quick as possible. Once youve got everything down, then start thinking about structure. Add some variations in here and there, and your pretty much done. Just remember to get it going quickly and spontantiously, otherwise you risk letting your taste police take over. Ive had it happen before where I start to wonder whether something really works and try to tame it down. It ends up sounding too polished and lacks any real spontinaity. Any way, have fun.
02-02-2006 02:00
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
I think the best method with hardcore is to make it quickly. Otherwise you'll loose a lot of the aggresion that makes it what it is. If you get your samples sorted first (or download the samples) and then find yourself a good dirty kick, a nice trashy samre, crank the BPM up and go mental. Dont bother about structure and stuff like that, just get some ideas down as quick as possible. Once youve got everything down, then start thinking about structure. Add some variations in here and there, and your pretty much done. Just remember to get it going quickly and spontantiously, otherwise you risk letting your taste police take over. Ive had it happen before where I start to wonder whether something really works and try to tame it down. It ends up sounding too polished and lacks any real spontinaity. Any way, have fun.

i stand corrected... BOH!

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

02-02-2006 02:24
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff

he's true about the fast building. it reflects the industral music it stems from. like it was mass manufactured. like a machine pumped it out and built it, like a little robot mad to jump up and down fast. and have lasers.

if it's repatisous, any little deviation will be noticed. from a half a beat syncopation, to a a small semi tone deviation.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

02-02-2006 03:15 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Need help!