drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Anyone want a REMIX done?????
Go to the bottom of this page Anyone want a REMIX done?????
Author
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

It's kinda logic that an issue like this requires some decent info to judge who is who... and who is impersonating who.
If we wanna keep this site decent, trustworhty and fair, some decisions gotta be made, that's all.

piece awt

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
06-02-2006 18:30 Homepage of Soi
dylannocturnal
Tourist

Registration Date: 06-02-2006

not because he was getting attention, thats not to do with us.. the fact he was asking for remixes, lying about contracts, generally being a fool was more the case.... he needed to be shut down before he robbed one of your arrangements and did god knows what with it..

no beef, the aim of coming on here was to expose him, thats all

dont worry skeptik, your cats rectum is safe for now
06-02-2006 22:08
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Ahh, well, some people get out a bit later from their puberty... Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
07-02-2006 00:42 Homepage of Muad'Dib
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Skeptik has seen this page and has read my PM.

Any reaction please before I kick your sorry ass off the forum?

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
07-02-2006 14:24 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Exposure time!!

Skeptik's real name seems to be Gareth Davies, according to his website

He also made an appearance in this site:
http://www.ukbassradio.co.uk/about706.html

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
07-02-2006 14:42 Homepage of thechronic
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

saw the dude creepin last night,.. Wink

__
Space
07-02-2006 15:01
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by syneptic
and @thechronic .... you can add everyone (and everyone will add you) as a friend on myspace!
this argument is kind of bad.

Note the smiley. I used this example to emphasize my idea that the whole myspace site is as worthless to win an argument as any other community site (including dnbbe!).

Dylan urges me to take actions based on info I find on that site. Well I can't because everything on that site can be written by practically anyone who has an internet access. Nothing can stop me to start a page there and claim to be Michael Jackson.

It is beyond me why any releasing producer would want a page there btw. Why not get a real website, registering a domain costs less than 10€ a year and you'll never have any shit like this going on, everybody will be able to verify your identity at the DNS registrar.

__
07-02-2006 15:13 Homepage of thechronic
skeptik
unregistered
Easy people, yeah Nocturnal isnt me, and i was wrong to try and impersonate them, anyway i think it has gone a little over the top. It was a little moment of madness and stupidity, but i just wanted to get a reaction so that i could remix someones tune, as i didnt think that anyone would really reply.

Big sorry to the nocturnal guys, you too are excellent producers and have a great career ahead of you.

Im probably gonna get kicked off this now anyway but i just want to say that the tunes i have posted on this site have been mine! i assure you that. I have been producing for nearly 4 years now and have had a release on a label called LLAD Red Recordings which is a label run by the owners of www.londonliveanddirect.com a internet radio station.

Once again sorry to the Nocturnal guys, this has all gone abit to far and i respect you for the way you have dealt with this all. It was all meant to be harmless and to be honest abit of a laugh. I am a good friend of Ashley (Ash-A-Tak) and of the UKRUMBLE.COM lot, so you can see that i am actually a good bloke and this impersonating doesn't go any further from this one moment of madness.

Well im sorry for any inconveniece (cant even remember how to spell!!!)

And i suspect this is the last time most of you will hear from me on this site.

Take care people.

Skeptik
07-02-2006 17:07
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by skeptik
i just wanted to get a reaction so that i could remix someones tune, as i didnt think that anyone would really reply.

Sorry, but that is VERY lame man.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

07-02-2006 17:24 Homepage of Surya
skeptik
unregistered
I know!!! But true!
07-02-2006 17:28
dylannocturnal
Tourist

sketik has messaged us, no problems, its been squashed.. Happy
07-02-2006 17:33
skeptik
unregistered
once again sorry to the nocturnal guys. Hope everything goes well for you
07-02-2006 17:35
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Ok glad this is sorted out.

Skeptik I must say I'm very surprised and pleased with your honest apology. And since Dylan now says the stuff between you has been sorted I've decided I am not going to ban you after all. I'm going to take away your producer rights for a month though.

I hope you have learned a lesson here. And I can advise you to be very careful about everything you post on the internet, just remember that when stuff like this is out in the open it can come back and haunt you, even years later.

I'm sure that if you happen to become a famous producer in a couple of years you'd not like any reporters or fans digging up this whole story.

I am now going to edit your posts and remove all references to Nocturnal. If there is anything else you have written here which is not true and can cause any offense to anyone I'd like to know about it in a PM so I can set stuff straight.

__
07-02-2006 17:57 Homepage of thechronic
dylannocturnal
Tourist

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:
Originally posted by syneptic
and @thechronic .... you can add everyone (and everyone will add you) as a friend on myspace!
this argument is kind of bad.

It is beyond me why any releasing producer would want a page there btw. Why not get a real website, registering a domain costs less than 10€ a year and you'll never have any shit like this going on, everybody will be able to verify your identity at the DNS registrar.

i guess myspace are looking to own the world..

why does fatboy slim have a page? http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...iendID=39749365

easy way to maske connections whilst promoting i guess
08-02-2006 06:06
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

and that's the real fatboy slim? Wink

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
08-02-2006 07:15 Homepage of cynik
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Exactly Big Grin

When he would have to sort something out with someone he would never refer to information found on his myspace page, but rather on his official page at http://www.fatboyslim.net/

If he'd send mail, he would not use a hotmail or gmail address but send it from info@fatboyslim.net - that way at least you can check the email headers and DNS info to be sure he is genuine.

__
08-02-2006 11:45 Homepage of thechronic
dylannocturnal
Tourist

yeah, but thats fatboy slim... i was just pointing out that lots of people are on it....it seems like everyone has it, one of my lectureres is even on it, he's an established breaks producer, toured with prodigy etc.. im not doubting that its a cheapo way of getting a page on the net, but it also seems to be a major promotional outlet for big artists too, such as the gorrillaz, who have a page that is maintaned by virgin records...

these last two weeks, ive heard over 10 people say "fuck, why is everyone on myspace?"

god knows, maybe some people find it easier than creating a webpage, and the idea of a network might tickle them...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dylannocturnal: 08-02-2006 15:11.

08-02-2006 15:10
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by dylannocturnal
god knows, maybe some people find it easier than creating a webpage, and the idea of a network might tickle them...

it is, you dont have to know html to be able to have a myspace page, unlike own sites

I got my www.friscko.be for free for one year (action is over since 31/01), and after its only 8€/year. However, it still looks very cheap, cus i dont know too much html (yet)

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 08-02-2006 15:39.

08-02-2006 15:37 Homepage of Friscko
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Way to go, Skeptik! I bid you never again to take the courage to represent yourself as someone else. And, at the same time, I respect you now more than before.

Truthfulness pays oft, they say.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
10-02-2006 02:10 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
Way to go, Skeptik! I bid you never again to take the courage to represent yourself as someone else. And, at the same time, I respect you now more than before.

Truthfulness pays oft, they say.

Yeah as you already have said it was a totally stupid and VERY lame thing to do especially if you would like to have a career in DNB in the future, or any mates for that matter.

But having read your response on this thread i do respect you explaining your actions and apologising.

Time to leave it in the past, we all have, jus hope it dont come back to bite ya in the ass in years to come..

keep producing and stay yourself at all times....

Peace
Glim Happy

__
My Sounds
10-02-2006 16:23
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Anyone want a REMIX done?????