drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » I can't switch from Techno to DnB
Go to the bottom of this page I can't switch from Techno to DnB
Author
you_are_a_noise you_are_a_noise is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2347.jpg

Registration Date: 13-02-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

oh and if your main concern is a need for a longer loop (for more patterns as you wish), then my suggestion would be to use the "event" editing stuff and see if it will let you alternate patterns

if this is unclear, then what i mean is...
you know the bpm rate numbers that you can change?
next to it is supposed to be the patterns which you can change.
i haven't had time to learn how to change from pattern-to-pattern quite yet, but i would reaaaalllly really love to!
but that's my suggestion...
see if the event editing thing could change from pattern to pattern
again, i have not been able to try yet...but i think it would work

[i'll try myself as well but i can't say it'll be soon...haven't been on in a while]

good luck and keep us informed!
Pleased
[and i'll do the same]

__
 DJ  
27-02-2007 19:28
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
For the hats there are numerous things you can do. Sometimes its worth using the envelope thingy in the sampler window and just taking the tail of the hats to give them a tighter feel.

As well as using the envelope to make hats tighter you can also automate the decay to add a little variation to them. To do it load a sample and set the volume envelope to the following settings: Attack 0, Decay just above 0, Sustain 0, Release 0. Now you can automate the decay time to make the hi-hat hit shorter or longer. Just right click and select edit events or create automation clip to automate it.
28-02-2007 02:12
sssonarrr sssonarrr is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1223.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

thanks gls that's just what i was looking for all the time (and didn't had a clue how to do it)

__
Bigup laborecordings
28-02-2007 13:18 Homepage of sssonarrr
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
Originally posted by sssonarrr
thanks gls that's just what i was looking for all the time (and didn't had a clue how to do it)

Not a problem, I don't really make dnb any more but its always nice to help. Big Grin
28-02-2007 14:14
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

do whatever works. hell if you do a technoy DnB so be it. I seem to do that more, than make another DnB song that sounds like (X PRODUCER/DJ).

fool around, figure out what works, and more importantly WHY it works. took me a while but i've figured it out.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 06-03-2007 02:43.

06-03-2007 02:42 Homepage of Halph-Price
djsamwiseganja

Registration Date: 15-08-2007

This is Pretty much what a finished tune would look like...

And it should be at about 175bpm if no-ones mentioned that already

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djsamwiseganja: 15-08-2007 21:30.

15-08-2007 21:29
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

No piano roll used? You can´t play chords this way...
Please add a link to audio or the project. This is only half the info actually (remember: it's the sound that matters, not how you made it)

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
16-08-2007 11:19 Homepage of BattleDrone
demolitionkid demolitionkid is a male
where's demo?

images/avatars/avatar-2248.jpg

Registration Date: 08-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

well the most obvious reason y is because drum and bass is a fucking art.....techno just.......blows.dnb has very crucial elements that the average listener just doesnt get....it takes years of trial and error and following your ear.i have learned so much just by wondering what this or that does.the only advice i can give is listen to everybody here whos beats you like.ask them without shame hey howd you do that.knowledge is power and youll never make threw the door without someone handing you the key and another person to push you threw it.
16-08-2007 16:14 Homepage of demolitionkid
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Originally posted by demolitionkid
well the most obvious reason y is because drum and bass is a fucking art.....techno just.......blows.dnb has very crucial elements that the average listener just doesnt get...

true an not true ; u got technomusic wich i find art aswell ; but it's really hard to find these days becuz of jump an fuckin minimal.... we want maximal .... minimal is for peeps who don't know what real raving is ; silent waters who only knod they headz when they hear good shit banging thru the speakers!!!
an jump ....jump is for 13 year old's wearing lacoste caps an sergio tachinni trainings ; but still ... there is good techno out there !!!! Happy

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
16-08-2007 17:07 Homepage of baz
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

quote:
Originally posted by demolitionkid
well the most obvious reason y is because drum and bass is a fucking art

WORD!

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

18-08-2007 20:12 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » I can't switch from Techno to DnB