drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » what is drum n bass?
Go to the bottom of this page what is drum n bass?
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

is drum and bass a real science, like some band's name, or is it more likea natural flow, like any other instrument? is it rules, or is it all just feel, a lot of listening to the music, and just feeling it? what's you influence, and waht do you think drum and bass is?

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

11-01-2006 07:20 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Drum and bass just is.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
11-01-2006 09:59 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

drumnbass is partymusic and gives me a good feeling for party

right tempo , the genre stands for the mood you should be

jazzstep , liquid , ... is chill out
jungle , drumnbass .. is the beginning of the party , making the people ready for the night
techstep is being in a sort of trance when being totally high
hardstep is the agressiveness
breakcore is the insanity
11-01-2006 23:58
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
is drum and bass a real science, like some band's name, or is it more likea natural flow, like any other instrument? is it rules, or is it all just feel, a lot of listening to the music, and just feeling it? what's you influence, and waht do you think drum and bass is?

both, on the floor is't the vibe that counts, in the studio it's the science combined with the vibe. dnb is a style where u need a lot of technical background imo. you have to be an artist as well as a the engineer. That's what really motivated me in learning how to make dnb.

__

12-01-2006 17:46 Homepage of Emblem-X
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

same here. that's beautifuly put. Bigup

i think that's where the sience comes in.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 12-01-2006 23:42.

12-01-2006 23:42 Homepage of Halph-Price
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

I think of DnB as simply another way of conveying a message or emotion that cant be defined with words, as all music is. Ive never been to concerned about how dancable a tune is, if people get of on it then bonus. But what I really like is when a track makes your neck hairs tingle and your mind drfits off with the music. I think that this is something that a lot of dance music is missing. Sure its good to dance to but its also fairly disposable. The next sub-sub-sub genre will come along and the tracks will be forgotten. But a track that can bring you to tears or make you laugh, cry, or just scared will always be special.

DnB is music, simple as that....... its what you choose to do with it that makes the sound a tune.
13-01-2006 03:13
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price

right, understood the last sentance...

MY INFLUENCE : is all music coz its in my blood. cant remember when i started playing instruments and singing, 3 or 4yrs old i guess.
grew up in a musical family always wrote songs for school performances an sort of started a few bands.I DO REMEMBER RECORDING ON MY GUITAR WITH A MORPHY RICHARDS KITCHEN RADIO IN MY ROOM AND TRYING TO OVER DUB PARTS TO NO SUCCESS!!
When i first heard dnb in 97' i was hooked instantly at first it was a party thing but soon i was ravin and LISTENING to the tunes, like their structure. the bass sound that really made me want more is RAM TRILOGY - INERCITY.

THIS ADDED WITH A WICKED CLUB GREAT MATES AND 6-7 PILLS MADE ME GO AND SEEK THIS MUSIC......

started producing in 99ish with fruityloops and have progressed loads but thinkin of doing a partime course on music production as its becoming more than a hobby and i can tell you its DRUM N BASS i 'll be producing.

Its such a good music and being musical i can tap into jus about any style just ridin the vibe.. will always be into this music an i dont give a fuck what happens to the scene coz there will always be good tunes you just have to look for em and get a lil clued up but that applies to newbies i guess.

any way if you see my point then cool

Bigup

__
My Sounds
13-01-2006 17:54
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » what is drum n bass?