drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Ideas for Hardware?
Go to the bottom of this page Ideas for Hardware?
Author

Registration Date: 08-01-2006

I was wondering if anyone would care to post up some of their dream setup's as far as ALL hardware needed in order to produce Drum and Bass. With money as no concern, just what you would want in a perfect production room hardware wise? I need ideas for some things for my sons new studio he is building, from computers, to speakers, to synths etc. Thanks to anyone that can take the time to reply.
08-01-2006 09:02
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Some things you just can't get around

- Very decent monitors (DUH)
- A big analogue mixing desk that allows you to clip the sound Big Grin
- Tonns of them cheap guitar distortions of various brands

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

08-01-2006 09:56 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Ooh the dream studio.....

- 48 channel SSL mixing desk, preferably a 4000G+ or an XL9000K
- 48 channels of Protools HD with a Control24
- two sets of really nice active speakers from Quested, PMC, Dynaudio, ...
- two quad-G5 macs with huge dual flat screens, one for protools and one for logic, brimming with plugins.
- some new synths, like the Access Virus TI, Clavia Nord Modular II, Korg Triton Studio Extreme, ...
- a few good samplers, like an EMU E4XT, Akai MPC4000.
- all old synths and drum computers I can lay my hands on
- a rack of quality valve and solid state compressors and EQs from Tubetech, Avalon, Focusrite, Manley, Neve, Universal Audio, DBX, TL-Audio, ...
- a rack of nice effects, Lexicon 960L, Eventide H3000 & DSP7000, TC Electronic System 6000 and all classic effects I can get my hands on
- a pair of AKG C414XL-II microphones

Gaga

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
08-01-2006 10:00 Homepage of thechronic
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

your son is a lucky barstard with "money as no concern"!!!!!!
can you adopt me Big Grin

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

08-01-2006 11:55 Homepage of D2o
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Defiinetly look into The "Nord Lead" and the "Access Virus" synth's....Nord Lead is true analog,..top notch for actuall sound design,..and the mighty "Access Virus" is an analog matrix thingy,..I've heard good thing's about both synth's,.."Virus is better for gettin the sound's you want and need on the fly,..which is high priority when producing D&B...and believe me the matrix setup still allow's for mad sound mashin....as for the "Nord Lead's" synth's,.they are insanly good,. but the whole soundesign thing is a bit too much for me at this point in my production,...But it won't be long before i'll seriously be thinkin of investing in one,..so that would have to be one major commponent in my dream set-up,...as for the "Virus" i allready sold more than half my studio for one Wink ,..Anypoo hope this was helpfull....

__
Space
08-01-2006 19:36
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic

- some new synths, like the Access Virus TI, Clavia Nord Modular II,

Gaga
Oh shit sorry,.. Mighy Chronic seem's to have allready set you up with the two beast's...my lazy ass don't allway's read all the post's,...anyway another cheaper option is the old Korg MS2000,..but that's no dream synth,..but i would still want it in my dream setup,..for there's nothin like real analog!!...Much more dirt involved in the over all sound imo,...and is just anaother toy to fuck with...my shit's ramblin again....cheers...

__
Space
08-01-2006 19:51
Trout

Registration Date: 08-01-2006

Thank you everyone for your ideas. Ive found some great information from your posts. The Access Virus TI synth is what I think I am going to go with. It seems like alot of options in one synth and I know he is looking for a good synth he said. Thanks agian, you have been very helpful. I will make sure he knows about this site if he dosent already after this Smile
08-01-2006 22:12
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

good choice on the synth - the virus is phat. If your spending that kind of money though definitely dont overlook the alesis andromeda.......

http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=10

pure analogue all the way baby
09-01-2006 12:12
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
Ooh the dream studio.....

- 48 channel SSL mixing desk, preferably a 4000G+ or an XL9000K
- 48 channels of Protools HD with a Control24
- two sets of really nice active speakers from Quested, PMC, Dynaudio, ...
- two quad-G5 macs with huge dual flat screens, one for protools and one for logic, brimming with plugins.
- some new synths, like the Access Virus TI, Clavia Nord Modular II, Korg Triton Studio Extreme, ...
- a few good samplers, like an EMU E4XT, Akai MPC4000.
- all old synths and drum computers I can lay my hands on
- a rack of quality valve and solid state compressors and EQs from Tubetech, Avalon, Focusrite, Manley, Neve, Universal Audio, DBX, TL-Audio, ...
- a rack of nice effects, Lexicon 960L, Eventide H3000 & DSP7000, TC Electronic System 6000 and all classic effects I can get my hands on
- a pair of AKG C414XL-II microphones

Gaga

+ all the stuff in your studio.

There.

__

09-01-2006 17:51 Homepage of Rude
short-wave short-wave is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1267.gif

Registration Date: 25-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

If you need to ask a question like that, your gonna need to hire someone to hook all that gear up. Get a sick computer before you buy any hardware. Monitors are a must. Mackies are the best easy solution I can think of.

__

SLVG
11-01-2006 05:49 Homepage of short-wave
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Ideas for Hardware?