drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Cars suck
Go to the bottom of this page Cars suck
Author
Sexy Steppa

Registration Date: 26-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

The problem with that pollution thing is that they know how to make cars that don't pollute that much , heard something that they can let cars drive on much other things than oil.The thing is, they have the abbilities but they don't introduce them cauz of political reasons.
I think a lot of people do care bout the environnement but just don't wanna change their lives for it. I think you can't go around the fact that it is just soooo easy. Like when you go to a party 50 km away from where you live... ok you can take public transportation and stuff but hey when you are by car, you can go whenever you want, you can leave whenever you want, don't have to wait in the middle of the night and so on...
I know I care about it but when it's winter and really cold and rainy and I can choose between a bike and a car.... and I think a lot of peeps think that way. I know I really really hate being cold and wet and stuff but when it's dry, nice temperature, sunny, feeling happy and stuff I'll be glad to cycle a bit.
I think you just have to be realistic about such things. It is even known that if they stop all cars in the whole world from driving at this moment, they can't save it anymore. So we already fucked up bigtime and I aint saying that we have to make it worse than it already is but just be realistic.
Thought about that a lot of times already and I came to the conclusion that we humans made it difficult for ourselves. Every time they invent new things, it comes along with a bunch of ethical questions and stuff. Maybe things would be better if we go live in caves and be hunters again ...

__
Enter the place where madness enters your soul
05-01-2006 15:31
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

yes cars pollute the environment but so do many things and most of them are beyond our control. People think that by not driving a car their are doing their bit - it makes people feel good about themselves to think that they are saving the environment. The sad truth is though that your efforts are always going to be futile beacuse most people just dont even think about - I dont think that its that they dont care - they just dont really have any concept of what will happen if we keep polluting like we are. But why should they? its probably not going to affect them, or their children or even childrens children. So why bother?

Ok then we'll raise peoples awareness, make them think about it! sorry it doesnt work. Greenpeace and other organisations have been doing it for years and if we're honest overall nothing much has changed. In fact its probably got worse. Yeah obviously some things have been saved, a few changes have been made but really overall the pollution on this earth is just as bad as it was ten years ago.

Dont get me wrong im not saying I dont give a fuck, I dont blatantly disregard my local environment, I dont litter, I do my recycling, I use my bike when I can but I think on global scale its like fighting a losing battle.

rant over Tongue
05-01-2006 15:57
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by crushfuck
they just dont really have any concept of what will happen if we keep polluting like we are. But why should they? its probably not going to affect them, or their children or even childrens children. So why bother?

Making them aware that it is already affecting them for many years doesn't seem to help either...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

05-01-2006 16:36 Homepage of Surya
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
quote:
Originally posted by crushfuck
they just dont really have any concept of what will happen if we keep polluting like we are. But why should they? its probably not going to affect them, or their children or even childrens children. So why bother?

Making them aware that it is already affecting them for many years doesn't seem to help either...

its coz its affecting them in ways they'll probably never notice and coz they've not noticed themselves they're not interested
05-01-2006 16:44
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

Yeah cars pollute, and it's a sad thing, but at this moment, there's no alternative. Almost every kind of energy pollutes in some way. Electricity isn't clean - even when it comes from wind-mills, they spill oil and exterminate bird populations - and that's the so called "green energy". Solar power is one of the only things that doesn't really intervene with nature though according to some studies this could affect weather & climate if applied on large-scale due the cooling down it does, but it's controversial. Also producing solar-panels is not really nature-friendly.

There is no "clean" sollution at this moment, even so called "clean" hydrogen fuel-cells. Using them indeed doesn't pollute the environment itself, but at this moment, producing hydrogen takes more energy than they can recover from it afterwards. And what kind of energy do they use for producing it? Oil/Nuclear/...

I personally think the green party here in Belgium are a bunch of idiots for 1 major reason, they managed to archieve that Belgium won't produce any nuclear power by the year 2015. They do have their good points, but this is one major point where they actually made decisions guided by blind assumptions without any decent studies...

Sadly, to this point nuclear power is still the cleanest and most environmental-friendly way to produce electricity. It does affect water-temperature on small-scale, and storage of the garbage is very expensive and dangerous, but still... No-one has archieved mass-production of electricity with less impact to the environment than nuclear power. Dams with generators destroy enourmous amounts of wildlife and are extremely bad for the environment - which is severely hurt by them, and not just the direct environment, also the entire river where it's build for. Fish-species are exterminated, grounds are flooded, other parts don't see any water anymore at all, ... Best example is the Three Gorges Dam in china.

Also - car pollution isn't the biggest problem, if you see that the Flanders region by subsidising a certain plant ( I thought it was from BASF ) for installing a special filter made flanders archieve 10% (!!!) of the Kyoto protocol regarding CO2 pollution - which is the largest problem with cars... That said - I'm not going to say cars are non-polluting, but in this society, it's very hard to do without, and it certainly isn't the only problem. Your PC that's you're currently using to read this text also uses energy that pollutes the environment. Are you gonna stop using your pc now, or stop using artificial lighting, which also is a major pollution on it's own?

I do think sollutions have to be found, but ideological green ppl act as if the sollution is so simple, while it absolutely isn't. Sure - you need ppl who draw the attention to the problem, so they have to be there, but I for myself like to look a bit further than the blind assumptions they make.

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
05-01-2006 23:49 Homepage of KoFFiE
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

hmmm, transport is so god damn expensive yet essential to gettin somewhere in life imo..

__
My Sounds
06-01-2006 05:07
Peel Peel is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-1344.jpg

Registration Date: 20-07-2005

just wait a few years for all the chinese to get their new cars and we'll see what pollution really means

anyway like most people I don't think I could do without my car today : I couldn't go to work, couldn't go to parties all over belgium and bring my buddies with me, couldn't see my family either...

big up to all the greens who let their friends pollute for them Big Grin

__

Peeled November 2006 Mix
06-01-2006 10:20 Homepage of Peel
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Cars suck