drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Started building my studio
Go to the bottom of this page Started building my studio
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

6 years after the initial idea I have finally started to set up my own studio Cool

It's going to be at least a month, probably a few months before we can start working in it, there's a lot of stuff that needs to be done, and we both have little time.

What we have now:
- half a living room to serve as mixdown area
- a mixing desk which has been 'temporarily' stacked away in a garage for 5 years
- power, heating and light

Needed for the immediate future:
- the power supply and manual of the console
- a table or stand to place the mixing desk on. Sturdy, needs to carry around 200kg.

Next plans:
- allow the console to settle in to its new surroundings for a couple of days, must be really stressful for the poor thing
- find the manual and figure out how to fit together the console components
- find the power supply and try to get this baby to work without catching fire
- assess damage done by being locked away for 5 winters and make a detailed description of any malfunctions in the table.

Some pictures of the moving process from garage to studio. We took half of the channels out in the end since it was nearly impossible to carry it inside with two people without breaking our backs.

thechronic has attached these images (downsized versions):
IMG_4808.jpg IMG_4809.jpg IMG_4811.jpg IMG_4812.jpg

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
04-01-2006 10:51 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Nice! All the best of luck and a ton of fun to ya Bigup

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

04-01-2006 11:09 Homepage of Surya
daze_DND daze_DND is a male
MYSTIC

images/avatars/avatar-2135.gif

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.25

wow! looks like one heavy-pro-desc(what brand is it?pics are too small..)
Very intrested in mixers these days since I'm about to invest in one myself in the next couple of days.

Anywayz...good luck hooking things up!

__

info/tunes :: MySpace
04-01-2006 11:30
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

It's a Soundtracs Quartz 32 channel. It's a medium class recording console, compact but it has all the features we need: in-line, splittable 4-band parametric EQ, 24 busses, meter bridge, full patchbay.

I traded it for a 24-track recorder so I don't know the price for it. I guess it is worth between 6000 and 10000 depending on the state it is in. Apparently the new price was over 30000 euro.

It weighs a fucking lot though for such a small desk, rough guess is 150 kg without cabling.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
04-01-2006 11:46 Homepage of thechronic
daze_DND daze_DND is a male
MYSTIC

images/avatars/avatar-2135.gif

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.25

wow! impressive...soundtracs....heard lot's a good things about those.
But I'm affraid its a bit (ahum Shocked ) over my budget. More thinking about an old mackie vlz or a Midas (= max budget).....but I'm doubting if the highpriced(well 4 me it is..) midas will give me a far superiour sound compared toa mackie desc. Been busting my head over this for a while now...

Good luck with the studio set-up.

__

info/tunes :: MySpace
04-01-2006 11:56
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

Looks amazing, Huh best of luck to you mate!! Big Grin

__
My Sounds
05-01-2006 05:03
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Started building my studio