drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » How about producing on a 1989 GameBoy?
Go to the bottom of this page How about producing on a 1989 GameBoy?
Author
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

Press start to read Big Grin (it's in dutch, unfortunatly)

I've once read an article alike this one a long time ago, and i was thinking bout it again as i've got an original 1989 gameboy ...

www.nanoloop.de
www.littlesounddj.com

those 2 seem to be the logic and the cubase of gameboy producin..
sounds fun imo, and it'll defo give u some cool lo-fi 8-bit samples.
It's more used to make elektro and stuff, but I think it would be funny to make dnb with a gameboy
Nanoloop 1.3 for classic gameboy is comin out this month..order? Big Grin

(btw non-dutch speaking people: u could use babelfish which can be found on www.altavista.com to translate the article)

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
03-01-2006 21:40 Homepage of Friscko
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

That's crazy shit man,...here's a comparrision--->production on a 1989 Gameboy would be like tryin to paint your house through the letter box! Hihi ,..all of two three button's to edit with.. Tongue

__
Space
04-01-2006 00:10
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Found this a little while ago. This guy is a genius. He modifies just about anything electronic. Hes done exibitions nin loads of gallaries with images that he created by modifing the graphics engine for Q3. He also does musical stuff too. Heres a thing about some live performance stuff he did with a couple of modified GameBoys. Weird stuff.

http://www.nullpointer.co.uk/-/vendorrefill.htm
04-01-2006 00:11
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

That's some detialed edit's he got goin with those tiny sound's,..sound's like a tiny wee filter sweep on some part's,..funny shit man...

__
Space
04-01-2006 00:18
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Might be fun, but also a waste of time imo Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

04-01-2006 07:16 Homepage of Surya
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

yeah.. people do all sort of crazy thigs to their synths too.. cross-wiring it to get strange effects and sounds. if it sounds wicked who will doubt it or call it a waste of time?

what tops it I think when Noisia explained how they got a certain reece Ive read somewhere.. cant remember where..

they speeded up an amen loop and added delay Bigup

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
04-01-2006 09:19 Homepage of cynik
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Boy that music sucks, sounds like the exact thing a visual artist would slap together when he decides he wants to do a live audio performance lol

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
04-01-2006 10:20 Homepage of thechronic
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah, Im not saying that the music is good, just that its interesting how hes making it. I think a similar thing happens a lot of the time. Where the artist is more hung up on how he is doing something rather than what he is actually doing. I think Autechre are verging on this, although there music is definately listenable, I think a lot of the effort goes into how its being created rather than what is actually coming out the speakers. I guess itd be more interesting if yu understood what they were doing. But on a simply musical basis its easy to just ignore it as a load or a-rythmical noise. Horses for courses I guess. Theres a lot of things like it though. For example DnB. The first time you heard it you probably loved it, but its not until you start trying to make your own that you appreciate the amount of work it can take. The more you understand something the more interesting it becomes
04-01-2006 18:59
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
The more you understand something the more interesting it becomes

This is true..

__
My Sounds
05-01-2006 04:59
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Glim
quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
The more you understand something the more interesting it becomes

This is true..

... unless it's something very dull Tongue e-Jay will never be intresting to me, whatever amount of knowledge I have about it Cool

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

05-01-2006 07:40 Homepage of Surya
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
e-Jay will never be intresting to me, whatever amount of knowledge I have about it Cool

lol,..shitty e-jay! Big Grin ,..i gave a copy of that kife to a buddy,..he wanted a sequencer like mine,...actually he did whip up a couple of track's,.lol...poor bugger...that was downright mean of me to give him e-jay...

__
Space

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 05-01-2006 09:22.

05-01-2006 09:01
dizriz
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1507.jpg

Registration Date: 10-01-2006

I saw something on TV ages ago about a kid who only uses games console sounds for his tunes and minimal studio equipment.

Then at a party the other night my mate told me his brothers friend has just got some sort of record deal and he produces "Nintendocore".

Crazy shit in the world of music, cousin went to an Aphex gig and reckoned he used 1200's loaded with sand paper and a food blender through fx.

Brutal. I should mic up my indigestion.

__
Liquid
11-01-2006 15:08
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by dizriz

Crazy shit in the world of music, cousin went to an Aphex gig and reckoned he used 1200's loaded with sand paper and a food blender through fx.

Brutal. I should mic up my indigestion.

Yeah I heard about that too, it was in New York I think. One of those artsy fartsy bars. Apparently he did it as a total piss-take, and at the end of the gig threw the blender out into the crowd. It hit some guy on the head who brought it back to the front, and instead of being pissed off from being hit in the head with a kitchen utensil, asked AFX to sign it for him!?! Not only that, but the management enjoyed it so much that they begged him to come back and play again! He must be wondering if he can do anything wrong.
11-01-2006 17:02
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » How about producing on a 1989 GameBoy?