Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by basshead
hell no!
I dont wanne be old so ...
wtf i care!

doei

@Basshead: I used to be like that too... but I grew older (goes just like that, before you know you're 30-something) and got scared of dying young (a friend of mine got cancer and died when he was 28 years old).!

I find this so horrible when I see young people (<25) who think it's cool to smoke or they don't care about getting sick when their older. It seems to be an everlasting cycle that you people do this and when they get older they quit and see young people still smoke, do pills,...

I guess everybody has the right to make his/her own experiences.
Go on then and give your money to the Government/tabaco-industry. Bigup

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BattleDrone: 05-01-2006 19:18.

05-01-2006 19:17 Homepage of BattleDrone
Sensa Sensa is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 14-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

quote:
Originally posted by equipped
quote:
Originally posted by Glim
i would rather kick the pot than the fags anyday of the week..
sorry man but i got's to disagree with you on this big time,..->at least pot give's you a buzz,..fag's are just down right filth!...im ashamed that i smoke shyte fags, but im dam happy to smoke fat conz any day...how could you possibly want to smoke fags over weed??...unless ofcourse you don't like weed....if that's the case then all good...not all like da erb's...sorry der Glim not tryin to dis,..just a differance of opinion on this one...cheers..

Yeah but the average spliff of skunk is the equivilant of 4-6 cigs, or so im told

__
Re:Voltage Recordings
www.revoltagerecordings.com
+44 (0) 7904966436
Email: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com
MSN: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sensa: 05-01-2006 19:27.

05-01-2006 19:26 Homepage of Sensa
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

weed isn't less toxic than cigarettes, i think it even cntans a lot more tar (which is very unhealthy) the fact that u inhale a lot deeper and u hold u the somke in your lungs like 3 times longer makes it not healthier either, but on the other side u probably don't smoke joints all the times like u smoke cigarettes.

I myself have quitted cigs for abut a month now Smile I don't feel the need for it anymore, cuz i know i can smoke a joint in the evening. Big Grin

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Emblem-X: 05-01-2006 19:39.

05-01-2006 19:39 Homepage of Emblem-X
poesjka poesjka is a female
Funky Lady

images/avatars/avatar-695.jpg

Registration Date: 13-02-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.43

smoking is not only unhealthy, it also stinks Evil

(for you and for the people around you Tongue )

__
Poesjka

31/03 Café Détour @ Lille (FR)
17/05 www.jungletrain.net Motronicism live 17h-19h
28/07 Drum NN bass Part V @ Nieuwe Nor, Heerlen (NL)
05-01-2006 19:59
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

After smoking green for about 8 years I gave up a year ago last month. Its made such a difference. Ive got more energy, Im not angry/stressed out/ or depressed all the time, and my work rate has rocketed. I still smoke fags though, I wish I didnt but I cutting down gradually. I klnow a lot of mates who stopped smoking fags but still smoke weed, the result is that they smoke more spliffs and bongs. This is for 2 reasons. 1st, the physical sensation of smoking something is addictive to a lot of people. 2nd, Tobacco is far more addictive than weed, you crave it a lot more, and as a result you smoke loads of spliff with tobacco in (weeds costs bucks in the UK) because you crave the nicotene, not the THC.
There is one sure fire method to quit smoking. But you have to need to stop. I'd tried to quit a few times but eventually I knew I had to because it was really fucking me up mentally and physically. All you have to do is stop for a week and you'll already start to feel better. Then smoke a massive bong and you'll realise just what it does to you. After that, trust me, you wont want to smoke weed ever again. Its been a year since I stopped and I honestly cant stand the stuff. I realised just how de-motivating it really is. I get depressed still because I see all of my mates vegitating and turning into layabouts with no motivation and its all because of smoking weed too much, that stuff makes you retarded. I remember that I started smoking because I loved the way I got all giddy and started laughing and giggleing for no reason, but that stage doesnt last long. After a while it just becomes routine. A ritual way of spanking a tonne of money every week. I got to the point of spending about £40 a day when I was in collage. I ended up with really bad digestion problems because I was eating properly as all my money was going on smoke.
Dont get me wrong on this, I know that there are good things about smoking weed. I think its true that people who have smoked are far more open minded, and sometimes it can lower your inhibitions and even help with creativity. But in the long run its does more damage than good. You become empty minded and dull, and to be honest, relying on a drug for crerativity is never a good idea.
05-01-2006 21:49
basshead basshead is a male
Steppa

Registration Date: 29-07-2005

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
quote:
Originally posted by basshead
hell no!
I dont wanne be old so ...
wtf i care!

doei

@Basshead: I used to be like that too... but I grew older (goes just like that, before you know you're 30-something) and got scared of dying young (a friend of mine got cancer and died when he was 28 years old).!

I find this so horrible when I see young people (<25) who think it's cool to smoke or they don't care about getting sick when their older. It seems to be an everlasting cycle that you people do this and when they get older they quit and see young people still smoke, do pills,...

I guess everybody has the right to make his/her own experiences.
Go on then and give your money to the Government/tabaco-industry. Bigup

with one pak off sigarets I do 4 or 5 days Tongue

i life now and later maybe gonna quit smoking so my grandpa quit smoking sigs @ the age of 60 so he still lifes some people die some people life .....
if you got lucky ....

__
humts humts humtsss beejbie!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by basshead: 06-01-2006 00:31.

05-01-2006 23:55
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
Dont get me wrong on this, I know that there are good things about smoking weed. I think its true that people who have smoked are far more open minded, and sometimes it can lower your inhibitions and even help with creativity. But in the long run its does more damage than good. You become empty minded and dull, and to be honest, relying on a drug for crerativity is never a good idea.

True. Thats why I smoke very little - and that's like max twice/month, but usually even less. Right now it's 3 weeks ago or smth. The time before it was like 3/4 months I think ( can't really remember Big Grin )

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
05-01-2006 23:56 Homepage of KoFFiE
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Same as KoFFiE, except that I get stoned even less. Like 3 or 4 times a year. It's been since somewhere last summer...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

06-01-2006 08:39 Homepage of Surya
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1473.jpg

Registration Date: 27-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

they should stop makin fags... tht would completley solve the problem. i kno this is neva goin to happen because the tabacco industry is like the largest its eva bin. and it jus keeps on growing

they should make like a world wide partition and see what results they get.
06-01-2006 09:39
Peel Peel is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-1344.jpg

Registration Date: 20-07-2005

well I've been smoking joints daily or mostly for about 13 years now

thing is it's perfectly manageable as long as you keep it peripheral and don't let it interfere with what is really important in your life

I smoke about 2/3 joints a day, but I keep them for the evenings, when I have nothing else to do but chill and let the day go by

I don't feel it even interferes with my daily life at work at all, I just keep the 2 separate

and I'm pretty good with my ciggy consumption, I used to smoke about 2 full packs of camels back in the days, and now about half a pack, including the 2/3 joints

and I don't even plan on stopping Big Grin

__

Peeled November 2006 Mix
06-01-2006 09:52 Homepage of Peel
Funky Lady

Helpfulness rating: 

i had a joint on 30/12 Shocked

__
Poesjka

06-01-2006 10:32
Peel Peel is a male
Player

hehe my sister told me the exact same thing yesterday, she even had the same look on her face

fontaine, je ne boirais pas de ton eau Big Grin

__

Peeled November 2006 Mix
06-01-2006 11:04 Homepage of Peel
Funky Lady

Helpfulness rating: 

exactly.. as a reminder, i stopped smoking joints a few months ago.. Roll Eyes

__
Poesjka

06-01-2006 12:23
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

quote:
Originally posted by emmetje

I don't think there's any reason for being hard on yourself if it's only occasionally...

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
06-01-2006 12:40 Homepage of KoFFiE
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I stopped smoking too on new year. It's damn tough sometimes Burning

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
06-01-2006 12:48 Homepage of thechronic
Peel Peel is a male
Player

quote:
Originally posted by KoFFiE
quote:

I don't think there's any reason for being hard on yourself if it's only occasionally...

so true

never go the other way 'round when you want to deal with habits, it's the best way to screw yourself up. it's true with diets as well, never cut EVERYTHING you like, just try to implement the idea of moderating yourself

moderation is the way to transform an unhealthy habit into a nice treat

__

Peeled November 2006 Mix
06-01-2006 14:39 Homepage of Peel
Funky Lady

Helpfulness rating: 

nah thanks for your concerns but i'm not being hard on myself.. actually i just ALWAYS do what i feel like doing..
and that's the problem hehe

just that afterwards i was thinking that i also smoked blunts last time i went to Lille and every day during my holiday in Barcelona.. and also here, and also there, and so on..

..and even hash, which i DID stop smoking more than 4 years ago Huh

but hey, not my fault, it's other bad people's influence, hihi.. Tongue

emmetje is braaf Angel

__
Poesjka

06-01-2006 15:14
Peel Peel is a male
Player

quote:
but hey, not my fault, it's other bad people's influence, hihi.. Tongue

emmetje is braaf Angel

yeah, right

__

Peeled November 2006 Mix
06-01-2006 15:33 Homepage of Peel
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

IMPORTANT

How to quit smoking:

If you get sick & you have to stay in bed all day, DON'T EVEN TRY TO SMOKE
just sleep. Afterwards (when your better) the cigarettes will taste AWFUL !!!
Really.

__

12-01-2006 16:32 Homepage of Rude
Squash Bot
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1439.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.50

I only smoke when there's something going wrong with my circuits and they short circuit. Smoking is one of the most hazardous things to do for a robot!

__
Robots will rule the earth one day!
12-01-2006 17:31
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » How to quit smoking