drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » How to quit smoking
Go to the bottom of this page How to quit smoking
Author
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

For all of you that want to quit smoking, or are just indecisive, here is a tutorial, a help guide for quitting smoking. You will gain 10 years of your life by quitting smoking, but you can't make it instantly. Instead, here is a magnificient guide to give your more pleasure.
I know this is awful habit cause I've been smoking myself, and I had hard time quitting too. But I did it, and I felt a lot better 2 weeks later. And I know you can do it.

Respekt!

The link:
http://www.scientificpsychic.com/health/stop-smoking.html

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
22-12-2005 14:57 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

More important than winning 10 years life (most smokers don't seem to care about this): you won't be annoying your non smoking friends Tongue

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

22-12-2005 15:34 Homepage of Surya
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
you won't be annoying your non smoking friends Tongue

Most smokers don't care about that either...

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
22-12-2005 16:39 Homepage of djfreemc
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

havent looked at the link yet, but best advice there is on the subject imio is that to drop one thing you need to take up another to replace it. seen it work for a few people, just haven't come up with the right alternative for myself yet Frown
22-12-2005 17:03
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

This link thingy,..(haven't checked),..might be the answer for some people,.. and that's great,..nasty habit indeed Wink ,. the old cold turky method can to do the trick ,..it was hard and took about 4 week's to really get out of the thick of it,..but i worked!,.. you just can't fail,..set's everything back and make's the shit like ten times harder...i failed that one...Anyway there's another method proven to be successfull,..smokin mad weed till the tobaco get's out of your system,..everyone allway's say's "that's retarded, you just end up spendin more money and smokin more weed",...Bullshit!!!...if you really want to quit you'll sacrafice a bit of cash and it's only temorary until you balance out,..and the amount smoked is only till you balance out also,... i did the later and it worked like a charm,..eventually quit the weed also Wink ,..smokin that again though,..and i smoke cigg's again too,..but this has nothin to do with when i quit,..was able to stop smokin for 5 year's...the weed method still require's disiplin,.. Wink

__
Space
22-12-2005 17:34
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
More important than winning 10 years life (most smokers don't seem to care about this): you won't be annoying your non smoking friends Tongue

Most annoying thing about non-smokers: they limit the air/space in which i am smoking !!!

Dressed

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
22-12-2005 18:16 Homepage of Soi
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
For all of you that want to quit smoking, or are just indecisive, here is a tutorial, a help guide for quitting smoking. You will gain 10 years of your life by quitting smoking, but you can't make it instantly. Instead, here is a magnificient guide to give your more pleasure.
I know this is awful habit cause I've been smoking myself, and I had hard time quitting too. But I did it, and I felt a lot better 2 weeks later. And I know you can do it.

Respekt!

The link:
http://www.scientificpsychic.com/health/stop-smoking.html

i jsut quit 2 weeks ago... i jsut took the rout of throwing all my cigs and lighters away and just plain sotped and sucked it up.. im sitll irritable but i dont "NEED" one anymore... so BOH !

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

22-12-2005 19:22
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quitted one month now....

well i've smoke something like 10 ciggaretts in one month, and normally it was something like one pack a day....

so wieee Smile

I was sick and tired of having 2/3 times a fucking 'bronchite' /year!

it's fucked up, because now I do smell that it stinks...and when I smoked i didn't have that annoying smell in my nose...

Mad

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
22-12-2005 19:54
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

So, 3 of us quitted smoking in the past month?! What's happening? Is that dnb.be again? Nice...

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
23-12-2005 12:51 Homepage of Muad'Dib
dYzeaZe dYzeaZe is a male
Blighted Mind

images/avatars/avatar-1694.gif

Registration Date: 25-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

"I quit smoking pot and drinking.. yesterday." Big Grin

__
Right now I'm in the process of making up a good sig.
23-12-2005 13:16
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

And let me guess, you'll start again tonite? Roll Eyes

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

23-12-2005 13:41 Homepage of Surya
dYzeaZe dYzeaZe is a male
Blighted Mind

images/avatars/avatar-1694.gif

Registration Date: 25-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
And let me guess, you'll start again tonite? Roll Eyes

Nah I personally have quit pot and drinking about a year ago.. or half a year ago. Or smth..
It's just how everyone says - "I've quit I've quit" and then going on again.

__
Right now I'm in the process of making up a good sig.
23-12-2005 14:24
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I quit 3 years ago, and I'm glad I did it. It costs a lot of money, it stinks and most of all, you get nervous in the cinema because you can't smoke there Evil
I had a lot of physical problems, mostly caused by smoking, some of them will never go away again though. I'm happy that it won't get worse. My dad who used to smoke untill his 50th birthday is now having severe lung and heart problems, guess where that came from...

I noticed that I quite fanatically anti-smoking now. If some ass lights a smoke in a place where it isn't alowed they'll get trouble with me Gangsta

Since the january 1st my office is now completely smoke-free which totally rocks.

Bottom-line: Smoking is for kids and for people wh haven't got the guts or the brains to quit the habbit. But every now and then I feel the urge to light one. I just hold my breath and wailt 'till it goes away.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
04-01-2006 23:14 Homepage of BattleDrone
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
I quit 3 years ago, and I'm glad I did it. It costs a lot of money, it stinks and most of all, you get nervous in the cinema because you can't smoke there Evil
I had a lot of physical problems, mostly caused by smoking, some of them will never go away again though. I'm happy that it won't get worse. My dad who used to smoke untill his 50th birthday is now having severe lung and heart problems, guess where that came from...

I noticed that I quite fanatically anti-smoking now. If some ass lights a smoke in a place where it isn't alowed they'll get trouble with me Gangsta

Since the january 1st my office is now completely smoke-free which totally rocks.

Bottom-line: Smoking is for kids and for people wh haven't got the guts or the brains to quit the habbit. But every now and then I feel the urge to light one. I just hold my breath and wailt 'till it goes away.

The very same, dude. The very same.

__

-Bene Gesserit
05-01-2006 01:54 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

i keep putting it off man, have given up in the past but found myself starting again.

i still smoke pot but through bongs an buckets without any tobacco, always have and i would rather kick the pot than the fags anyday of the week.

however i find i get urges to smoke when i'm stoned and often choose not to smoke when i'm not stoned.

one bad thing linked to the other it would seem.

when i do kick the habit, it'll be pure cold turkey fuck all them nicotine patches and lowering the amount of pot intake, jus cap it , thats the way to be free of its grasp.

__
My Sounds
05-01-2006 04:54
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

I quit a LONG time ago, and I've not felt the urge since. I'm quite anti now too...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

05-01-2006 07:45 Homepage of Surya
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
Originally posted by Glim
i would rather kick the pot than the fags anyday of the week..
sorry man but i got's to disagree with you on this big time,..->at least pot give's you a buzz,..fag's are just down right filth!...im ashamed that i smoke shyte fags, but im dam happy to smoke fat conz any day...how could you possibly want to smoke fags over weed??...unless ofcourse you don't like weed....if that's the case then all good...not all like da erb's...sorry der Glim not tryin to dis,..just a differance of opinion on this one...cheers..

__
Space

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 05-01-2006 08:44.

05-01-2006 08:43
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

I agree. Weed at least gets you high, fags just give bad breath and shit...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

05-01-2006 09:05 Homepage of Surya
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
quote:
you won't be annoying your non smoking friends Tongue

Most smokers don't care about that either...

Oh yes they do... I usually make them care Devil

Anyway, it's not that I live healthy or smth, so I usually don't really mind, only in one occasion - I really really can't stand that ppl are smoking - and that's when I'm eating. I'll ask nice the first time, but I assure you - the second time won't be as nice, luckily most ppl understand that, though a few met my dark side while trying to challenge me...

quote:
Originally posted by Airfull
...it's fucked up, because now I do smell that it stinks...and when I smoked i didn't have that annoying smell in my nose...

Mad

Rather normal, smoking severely affects your sense for smells, I thought I read somewhere that your nose gets 70% less sensitive to smells when you smoke...

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 05-01-2006 10:29.

05-01-2006 10:24 Homepage of KoFFiE
basshead basshead is a male
Steppa

Registration Date: 29-07-2005

quote:

hell no!
I dont wanne be old so ...
wtf i care!

doei

__
humts humts humtsss beejbie!
05-01-2006 17:39
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » How to quit smoking