drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » Cubase Automation
Go to the bottom of this page Cubase Automation
Author
unregistered
Ok, this is on the automation in cubase obviously. I know how to automate the volume levels, and EQ's;however. what I would like to know how to do is know how to automate the cuttoff freqs. Like say if I had a filter plugin up, I would like to know how to automate the knob on the filter. Do I need a keyboard for this, or can I automate it like you would the volume or EQ's? Anyone know? BTW I'm on SX 3.
16-12-2005 22:54
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

should be the same if the vst is set up propper. Press W and go for it..

I use LFX - 1210 and its easy to automate.. the s filter is really nice! turn the mix knob for low and high pass (took me months to figure that out.. idiot)

edit: oh i mean W... then R to read it

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by wreakon: 16-12-2005 23:18.

16-12-2005 23:11 Homepage of wreakon
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Im pretty shure there's a thread allready askin this,..anyway im not shure how your automating the eq ect...but there's a write and read thingy at the top of each plugin,.. if it's not too old offcourse,... all you do is hit the write,...press play,..twist a knob with mouse,..press stop,..then hit read,..play it back with the read still on and you'll see the knob movin,...after this make shure you choose the option "show all used automation",..and you get a track thingy graphin your movment's,..and offcouse you can edit the shit out of this with the pencil,...hope this was helpfulll,...cheers...

__
Space
16-12-2005 23:16
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

if you wanna make an outline of your automation in cubase on f.e. an affect on an audio track ==> tick that little '+'sign the current audio-channel, it opens up a secondary lane for volume, eq, panning,... Where it sez 'volume' (by default) you can choose (by clicking on it) different parameters. Each effect should automatically have it's assignable parameters there. If not, choose 'more' and there you are.

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
17-12-2005 00:12 Homepage of Soi
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

quote:
Originally posted by Soi
if you wanna make an outline of your automation in cubase on f.e. an affect on an audio track ==> tick that little '+'sign the current audio-channel, it opens up a secondary lane for volume, eq, panning,... Where it sez 'volume' (by default) you can choose (by clicking on it) different parameters. Each effect should automatically have it's assignable parameters there. If not, choose 'more' and there you are.

that works with midi sometimes too.. but again i think it depends how well the vst is setup for cubase.

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
17-12-2005 00:18 Homepage of wreakon
Audio Assassin
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Soi

yea i knew that, not quite what I was looking for though.
17-12-2005 00:59
Audio Assassin
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by equipped
Im pretty shure there's a thread allready askin this,..anyway im not shure how your automating the eq ect...but there's a write and read thingy at the top of each plugin,.. if it's not too old offcourse,... all you do is hit the write,...press play,..twist a knob with mouse,..press stop,..then hit read,..play it back with the read still on and you'll see the knob movin,...after this make shure you choose the option "show all used automation",..and you get a track thingy graphin your movment's,..and offcouse you can edit the shit out of this with the pencil,...hope this was helpfulll,...cheers...

Big Grin very helpful man, just what I was looking for. I got it going now. I figured it would be a little more complex than that. I know that I can use the W and R buttons, but I didn't know you could just hit W and turn the knobs, thought you had to edit with the pencil first somehow.... Bigup Thanks a lot man.
17-12-2005 01:01
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
Originally posted by Audio Assassin
quote:
Originally posted by equipped

Big Grin very helpful man, just what I was looking for. I got it going now. I figured it would be a little more complex than that. I know that I can use the W and R buttons, but I didn't know you could just hit W and turn the knobs, thought you had to edit with the pencil first somehow.... Bigup Thanks a lot man.
Cheers bud,...firt time ive ever been able to help anyone on this site,...my helpfullness rating should be 1...again cheers,..and no prob... Wink

__
Space
17-12-2005 18:16
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Cubase » Cubase Automation