drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Suggestion - Drumnbass.be Jukebox
Go to the bottom of this page Suggestion - Drumnbass.be Jukebox
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2084.jpg

Registration Date: 21-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Hello all,

just a humble suggestion:

Would be cool if tune listening would have some kind of "listen all" -type button. Then I would be able to listen tunes from this website, at work, without clicking around after each tune.

I started to think a idea about mp3 jukebox - which would play tunes randomly from database.

If you process that idea, you could perhaps sort/filter tunes according to some rules: Newest, Best review, Largest Amount of listens, Worst review, tunes needing a review.....

And if you still process the idea, perhaps together with some radio-streaming service you could make a radio show, which would follow any of those given themes, but would allways "Stop The Press! New Tune!" everytime someone releases something new, and would give it a power play... Smile

My one quarter of a cent - flame away Smile
15-12-2005 14:33
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

I think its a cool idea. But the only problem is that it wouldnt help the review situation one bit. And of cose it might end up playing some really old tunes which the producers themselves might be a bit emaressd about. I know there are tunes on here of mine which I cant stand anymore. But I think a MP3 jukebox is a cool idea.
15-12-2005 14:50
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

i think that the ability to stream tunes, like u can on soundclick isnt a bad idea
and than u can ofkorz add the option "play all"
i'd think i'd give more review, cus you havent got to go trough all the dld stuff

and just like on soundclick it might be handy if producers have their own page with their tunes on, where they can remove em, replace em (by a newer version), etc..

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
15-12-2005 14:52 Homepage of Friscko
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
i think that the ability to stream tunes, like u can on soundclick isnt a bad idea
and than u can ofkorz add the option "play all"
i'd think i'd give more review, cus you havent got to go trough all the dld stuff

and just like on soundclick it might be handy if producers have their own page with their tunes on, where they can remove em, replace em (by a newer version), etc..

This is a very good idea. A page like Myspace or soundclick would be really cool. It'd probably be a lot of hastle to organize though
15-12-2005 14:54
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
This is a very good idea. A page like Myspace or soundclick would be really cool. It'd probably be a lot of hastle to organize though

Naah, the only thing needed is an upgrade and some minor coding by thechronic.
Anyway, the JukeBox idea is great, but I suggest to be available only for the last few songs OR to play only a part of the tunes (say the first 2 minutes) so that people can have a peak at what's doing in the tune, download the whole, and review it later.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
15-12-2005 16:48 Homepage of Muad'Dib
@1$-)
unregistered
i think downloads should be member only. but then have the jukebox so anyone can listen........
15-12-2005 18:09
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

Munki C modulated what exactly I woz trying to say! Respekt!

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
15-12-2005 18:19 Homepage of Muad'Dib
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
i think downloads should be member only. but then have the jukebox so anyone can listen........
Mybe have two section's in which one can only be accessed if your a member and the other one for all,..this way if a producer still want's there tunage heard by all,..they still have that option...firstly though i think it's more important for each producer to have there own page with delete tune option's,...would certianly be a nice feature,..Anyhoo jubox is a great idea...other option is someone could make a massive mix and have it as a huge mp3 on main page,..but i guess that would get dam repeatative,..would have to be changed up weekly or something,..ah well,..there's my 2 cent's,...that's all i have left after givin that hummer dude all my cash.. Frown

__
Space
15-12-2005 19:51
GreatFisherCat
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks for comments, I am glad to hear I did not suggest something allready done and thrown out.

I think mp3 jukebox would improve our review situation, because working together with 3rd party radio-station websites would give us more members - more listeners - more reviews.

Perhaps the mp3 jukebox could be a separate pop-up window with embedded player, and review form below:

Review this tune:

Song quality in general 1-10
Sound/producing quality 1-10
Beats quality 1-10
athmosphere 1-10

free comments:
<textbox>

Now everyone who would be listening, would be lured to give a short review.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GreatFisherCat: 15-12-2005 20:12.

15-12-2005 20:03
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

That jukebox thing won't be done, that's way too much work, I'd have to make my own audio streamer for that + I would probably need a second server to gain enough bandwidth for the streamer, which stretches my budget way too far.

The one page per producer thing has been planned since the birth of the site (and the reason why we have a 'producers' item in the navigation bar at the top of every page Big Grin ). I had a rudimentary version of it working a year and a half ago, but it needs a lot of changes before it can be put to work with the current database system.

Track deletion is already working, it is now in test phase (limited access to moderators only) but I have had no complaints so far, so that can probably be put online soon.

The next things that are coming up are the vote system and a rating system for the reviews (yes Smile ). I have to finish off some other websites first though - paying customers with deadlines Tongue

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
15-12-2005 20:10 Homepage of thechronic
dYzeaZe dYzeaZe is a male
Blighted Mind

images/avatars/avatar-1694.gif

Registration Date: 25-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

Our crystal jukebox-dreamboat shatters to pieces on the cold hard rocks of thecronics truth Big Grin

__
Right now I'm in the process of making up a good sig.
15-12-2005 22:21
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
Originally posted by dYzeaZe
Our crystal jukebox-dreamboat shatters to pieces on the cold hard rocks of thecronics truth Big Grin
Hihi Booze

__
Space
15-12-2005 23:32
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

quote:
i think downloads should be member only.

I would really HATE to see that

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
15-12-2005 23:49 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Dubrain Hertz
quote:
i think downloads should be member only.

I would really HATE to see that

don't really see the point in it as the registration is free and takes less then a minute time

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
15-12-2005 23:54 Homepage of cynik
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
don't really see the point in it as the registration is free and takes less then a minute time

Agreed. But some are too lazy to register.

imo making downloads members-only isn't a good thing - sites with limited access don't appeal much.

__
16-12-2005 07:30
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
Track deletion is already working, it is now in test phase (limited access to moderators only) but I have had no complaints so far, so that can probably be put online soon.

Yep, use it regulary and it works fine.

quote:
The next things that are coming up are the vote system and a rating system for the reviews (yes Smile ).

Ah, not THAT is a usefull feature Bigup Bigup Bigup

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-12-2005 07:56 Homepage of Surya
GreatFisherCat
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
That jukebox thing won't be done, that's way too much work, I'd have to make my own audio streamer for that + I would probably need a second server to gain enough bandwidth for the streamer, which stretches my budget way too far.

Bandwith is one thing. For that, I did suggest to trying to find you a organisation that would co-operate with you, like www.shoutcast.com so you would be just providing that mp3 content and they would be streaming.

Another solution is the previously mentioned separate pop-up for jukebox. You would need to generate a windows that would autoload after the song has been played. You could introduce banner advert service to that same script, and would be getting some advert money from each played song, as banner would be reloaded too after each song reload. No-one likes adverts, but that window woud be open in background anyway, so perhaps that would not disturb that much.

for Streamer applications, youre using linux, right? Quick google session found these:

http://www.icecast.org/ IceCast - Open Source MP3 and OggVorbis Streaming Server

http://agatha.sourceforge.net/ Agatha - Stream music and playlists

http://edna.sourceforge.net/ Edna - MP3 streaming

http://streamcast.sourceforge.net/ Streamcast - Supports ID3 tags, mountpoints. The PHP-stream version is a database enabled version of streamcast.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by GreatFisherCat: 16-12-2005 09:24.

16-12-2005 09:19
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by GreatFisherCat
quote:

Bandwith is one thing. For that, I did suggest to trying to find you a organisation that would co-operate with you, like www.shoutcast.com so you would be just providing that mp3 content and they would be streaming.

Another solution is the previously mentioned separate pop-up for jukebox. You would need to generate a windows that would autoload after the song has been played. You could introduce banner advert service to that same script, and would be getting some advert money from each played song, as banner would be reloaded too after each song reload. No-one likes adverts, but that window woud be open in background anyway, so perhaps that would not disturb that much.

for Streamer applications, youre using linux, right? Quick google session found these:

http://www.icecast.org/ IceCast - Open Source MP3 and OggVorbis Streaming Server

http://agatha.sourceforge.net/ Agatha - Stream music and playlists

http://edna.sourceforge.net/ Edna - MP3 streaming

http://streamcast.sourceforge.net/ Streamcast - Supports ID3 tags, mountpoints. The PHP-stream version is a database enabled version of streamcast.

That's a great idea! I will contact Shoutcast today, to see their terms and policy...

__

-Bene Gesserit
16-12-2005 11:40 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

Rinse I'M TOTALLY FOR A DRUMNBASS.BE SHOUTCAST RADIO Rinse

__
16-12-2005 12:08
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by GreatFisherCat

I've been reading the forums on shoutcast.com, and it seems that shoutcast will not help us. They would not offer us free streaming, so it seems.
Dunno, maybe if thechronic contacts them (because I can't find any email address or something there) they will agree with that.

__

-Bene Gesserit
16-12-2005 12:19 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Suggestion - Drumnbass.be Jukebox