drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Need A Bunch Of Help Making Jump-UP! Please!!
Go to the bottom of this page Need A Bunch Of Help Making Jump-UP! Please!!
Author
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1354.jpg

Registration Date: 02-07-2004

Hello M8's.

This is Mike from www.YourBeats.com i been on here about 1 or 2 years ago. Love the site of course.

I have always been a HUGE fan of the Older Jump-Up Style of Jungle. Thats when i really started mixing heavy. 97-99.

My one wish is to produce like Aphrodite / Mickey Finn some of you older guys know what i mean i think.

I never have been a huge fan of this Dark & Techie DnB. Some of its nice but it just doesn't get me. Cry

If someone could work with me or point me in the right direction i would be very appreciative.

I need two know how to make the Bass Lines, and it there is any tricks to the kick & snares. (I know they are basic)

__

14-12-2005 03:39 Homepage of Prime_Fx
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

ok heres a quick recipe for jumpup:

1. play a few notes with the bass

2. put a filter on it, crank up thr resonance knob

3. put an LFO on the frequency knob, tempo sync it to 3/8 or 8/4..

4. drop some not very complicated beats, preferably two-step with two kicks followed by a snare

voila! you got jumpup Cool Aphrodite stylee

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by cynik: 14-12-2005 07:10.

14-12-2005 06:59 Homepage of cynik
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Shit,...that "yourbeat's" site is a spittin image of ---->{The All Mighty},...Anyway seem's like a decent site....i can't really help you on your question,..don't know if my style of producin is what your lookin for??...Maybe go check my latest track,..slap a review,..and if it be what your thinkin of,. Drummer . i'd be glad to help ya out...second half of "Donkey Stone" tune has some old dirt in it,...the rest suck's donkey ball's...cheers..

__
Space

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 14-12-2005 07:44.

14-12-2005 07:26
zebediah
is deep in the jungle

images/avatars/avatar-659.jpg

Registration Date: 08-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Take your bassline and make a unique copy of it. Distort that copy with whatever distortion you feel and hi-pass it (get rid of everything except the high frequencies). Place your unique copy on top of your sub line, tweak your levels ... and you got yourself EVERY Full Cycle tune ever made!!! : P (Joking)

As for drums ... anything you're feelin. Amen? Tramen? New Orleans? ... with the layered kicks, snares, hats and what not (if that's your thing).
LOL The drums don't have to be simple obviously! Roll Eyes IMO "Nu-school jump up" has some of the nicest sounding production when it comes to drums.

Personally the jump up sound to me is all about less is more. If u can get each element sounding FAT on it's own then you got yourself something special.

Hope I didn't waste your time with a bunch of crap that you already new. I was doin this distort hi-pass thing all day so I felt it was my duty ... Tongue

Do you like any Surge or Nightwalker tunes? Big Grin
14-12-2005 09:23 Homepage of zebediah
zebediah
is deep in the jungle

Helpfulness rating: 

... And always remember:
You can't pollish a turd.
14-12-2005 09:26 Homepage of zebediah
zebediah
is deep in the jungle

Helpfulness rating: 

Oh!!! And I read an article called Digital Nation (production tips) in Knowledge magazine a while back. I don't remember exactly how it went but ...
Lemon D was saying that you should try cutting out all low frequencies in everything except for your kick. That would leave a huge amount of space in the mix for a massive bassline!

He also was saying something bout how he does his levels for his tunes with one speaker on. If you can get everything sounding nice on the mixdown with only one speaker switched on, then it should sound HUGE and full on 2!! I find this technique to be very very helpfull!

Sorry if i'm rambling non sense but it all just came off the top o my head. There's definitely a better way to explain this shit and i'm probably forgetting some key tings ... hope I could help a bit.

Bigup
14-12-2005 09:42 Homepage of zebediah
dYzeaZe dYzeaZe is a male
Blighted Mind

images/avatars/avatar-1694.gif

Registration Date: 25-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by zebediah
... And always remember:

SO TRUE Bigup

__
Right now I'm in the process of making up a good sig.
14-12-2005 15:10
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
... And always remember:

Yeah you can, You just end up with a shiney turd.
14-12-2005 15:49
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
quote:
... And always remember:

Yeah you can, You just end up with a shiney turd.

ROFL

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

14-12-2005 16:52 Homepage of Surya
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

Just got back from a half hour stint on "Yourbeat's"...!!...Load's of tunes on there,..mostly Hip Hop i think,...and not a bad tune you got der "Prime"..Anyway it's good to be home,...The All Mighty is excactly that -->{The All Mighty},...

__
Space
14-12-2005 18:00
Prime_Fx Prime_Fx is a male
Cool Tourist

Wow.... thats alot of replies. Thank you so much everyone.

And "equipped"

whats the link to that almighty site you been talkin about.

Thanks Again. Everyone.

Crying

__

14-12-2005 18:47 Homepage of Prime_Fx
Cool Tourist

Thanks especially to "zebediah"

and hey... whats up with the comparison of Jump-Up and polished Turds.

You guys are funny. Pleased But that seems to be the majority opinion.

I just love the blend of Hip-Hop & Jungle that seems to work so well with Jump Up.

Bigup

__

14-12-2005 18:50 Homepage of Prime_Fx
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Prime_Fx

whats the link to that almighty site you been talkin about.

Crying
your on it.... Big Grin

__
Space
14-12-2005 19:06
Cool Tourist

O.. i even did a search on google for it.

No luck.. hahha

OK. Well. Yeah they are both simaler.

My site is php-nuke platinum. A free Content Management System with phpbb integrated. (phpbb is the forums)

This sites forum is simaler to that. I believe they have done more custom work than i have of course.

Yeah they are both communities for the Production oriented. My site is for all genres, but this ones just for DnB. Im sure you knew that however.

Big Grin

I love DnB and was a Jungle / DnB DJ for about 7 or 8 years. Although my sites all genres. Im very partial to this site.

You guys ever check out. www.ukbassradio.co.uk ? ? they stream the ill shit 24 / 7

Thanks Again.

__

14-12-2005 19:12 Homepage of Prime_Fx
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Wow, this all reminds me on Ishkur's guide on Electronic Music and his intentions for the future: "I might make a Jump-up tune creator, you juz put your basic scratch, your bassline, your vocals, press "Mix" and there you go - ya have a jump up tune" Hihi

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
14-12-2005 19:25 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
He also was saying something bout how he does his levels for his tunes with one speaker on. If you can get everything sounding nice on the mixdown with only one speaker switched on, then it should sound HUGE and full on 2!! I find this technique to be very very helpfull!

Bigup

wasnt he talking bout all his tunes were produced in mono, and therefore he finds it useless to use two speakers? Roll Eyes

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
14-12-2005 20:52 Homepage of Friscko
Cool Tourist

Dam u guys are ripping on it. Maybe i should have posted this in another forum.

Huh

I didnt ask everyone tell me how much u think this sucks.

Whatever. Everyone has an opinion.

It just seems like the popular thing to say.. that Jump-Up sucks. I never followed the crowd. I still enjoy a good DnB tune. In my oppinion the Dark DnB has been producing the same sound for about 6 years now. With very little change. The technology has changed. Rebirth to Reason. But the sound is the same.

Open mindedness is the key to a musical genres progression. Listen to a techie DnB track 5 years old.. then listen to something that just came out. Very little difference within reason.

All genres have progressed. Ive read countless articles about DnB stating the same.

Like it says on www.peff.com "change is inevitable"

When are we going to step foward?

Now i am rambling... sorry. Cry

__

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Prime_Fx: 14-12-2005 21:07.

14-12-2005 20:58 Homepage of Prime_Fx
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

quote:
Originally posted by Prime_Fx
In my oppinion the Dark DnB has been producing the same sound for about 6 years now. With very little change.

All genres have progressed. Ive read countless articles about DnB stating the same.

Lots of people are experimenting in DnB. Why doncha DL one of my tracks and see for yourself Big Grin (some people have a hard time calling it DnB tho)

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
14-12-2005 21:11 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
Cool Tourist

Can you send me a link?

Ill grab the track. Bigup

__

14-12-2005 21:17 Homepage of Prime_Fx
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Just check the Tunes-section of this site. I'd recommend my latest "Uruk-Hai Monk" It's almost at the top at first page, so it's not hard to find

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dubrain Hertz: 14-12-2005 21:36.

14-12-2005 21:18 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Need A Bunch Of Help Making Jump-UP! Please!!