drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » "dragging" a snare
Go to the bottom of this page "dragging" a snare
Author
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by BeatJunkie
thx guys, all sounds like good advice. anybody heard of a "roffel" or something like that? i had this Total Science "Make Me Feel" drum kit and one of the samples is called "roffel" and it sounds like the 'tik e tik e' sound, so i processed it and used it. I'll try those other methods u guys explained so it'll sound more original. I just dont have alot of resources right now. Thx again.

check the samples page.

halph-price, surora and dave akuma breaks, as well as suryas and thechronics one-shots.. enough to get you started

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
08-01-2006 10:14 Homepage of cynik
BeatJunkie BeatJunkie is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1730.gif

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

yeh, i downloaded sum of the samples there. those are alot better (meaner sounding Smile > ) than the samples ive previously acquired. i also changed the pitch slightly on some of the snare hits on a tune im working on now, like sumone suggested. I couldnt figure out how to change velocity and that other stuff, i guess FL is kinda limited. It does make the drums sound more 'real'; for lack of a better word. thx for the help.

__

MuZIK
09-01-2006 02:15 Homepage of BeatJunkie
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
i had this Total Science "Make Me Feel" drum kit and one of the samples is called "roffel" and it sounds like the 'tik e tik e' sound, so i processed it and used it.

hmmm, sounds interesting, where did you get it? Is it any good? is it free?

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
09-01-2006 10:38 Homepage of Soi
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
I couldnt figure out how to change velocity and that other stuff, i guess FL is kinda limited. It does make the drums sound more 'real'; for lack of a better word. thx for the help.

FL is not limited, you should get to know it better. If you use the piano roll, you can change the velocity in the lower part of the piano roll window. If you use the step sequencer, click on the graph editor in the upper right corner of the step sequencer, and you can change velocity and some other options as much as you want.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
09-01-2006 13:00 Homepage of djfreemc
BeatJunkie BeatJunkie is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1730.gif

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

thx djfreemc, and believe me im not downing FL. I love it and think its very capable. ure right, i do just need to know it better. and in reference to the "Make Me Feel" kit,(whoever was wanting to know) it's just sampled I think, not very impressive, but if ure interested lemme know. My page is @ the bottom. Email me...... thx guys!

__

MuZIK
09-01-2006 17:26 Homepage of BeatJunkie
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » "dragging" a snare