drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Reviews
Go to the bottom of this page Reviews
Author
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

I appologise in advance as I expect there are quite a few threads about this already. But the listen page is getting beyond a joke!! It appears as if about 1 in 10 people who listen to tracks actually leave reviews, some times even less! Now, I expect that the majority of the reviews left is by people with producer status, and the people who dont leave reviews are all the guests. Now maybe Im speaking out of line here, but it seems as if a lot of the people who listen to the tracks dont have any appreciation for how much time people put into wriiting them, and all anybody asks is that you take 2 miutes of your time to say whether you like it or not. Have a little bit of fucking respect.
10-12-2005 17:27
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

Soi - Crackhouse (post dnbbe comments)
2667 hits
7 reviews
Shocked

if they're guests, which they probably are, it might be time to do the same as with the sample page: only for members Confused

i'd do more reviews but i'm held back by my 28kb/s here...i'll catch up the damage when i have adsl, promised Big Grin

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
10-12-2005 17:34 Homepage of Friscko
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

I dont think that it should be for members only, but it should be mandatory that you leave a review. Maybe it should work so that when you go to listen to a tune, a box opens up to wite your review and you cant close it untill youve written a certain amout in there. I dont know if its possible though.
10-12-2005 17:49
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

I remember when I started writing reviews, I'd never done it before and saw it as a tremendous hassle. Only did it to get producer rights. Now I'm used to it, and do it cause it's only fair, seeing that people review mine.

It would be cool if more people reviewed tracks, but if people just want to download tracks for their own enjoyment that's fine by me. That's what tracks are for, right?

I'd hate it if the tunes section was made members only. That would mean less people would download my tracks...Simple as that.

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
10-12-2005 17:53 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by Dubrain Hertz
I remember when I started writing reviews, I'd never done it before and saw it as a tremendous hassle.

i had that too
but it's still better to get a "ooh yeah i like your track"-review than no reviews at all.
your idea is not bad, Techdiff, but i dont think it's possible

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
10-12-2005 18:02 Homepage of Friscko
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Personally I don't think it is a very good idea, people are lazy and it would lead to less people downloading. And you would probably also get a lot of bullshit reviews like "ksljhdflsahdflwaohf". hehe

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
10-12-2005 18:09 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah true, but at least you'd know who was posting it cause it would have their name, you'd know who the cunts where and could do something about it.
10-12-2005 18:23
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

ok im sorry dudes
i have been slackin, and i shouldnt, cuz i have a good connection and all.
so im gonna pick up on it again.
11-12-2005 03:18
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
Maybe it should work so that when you go to listen to a tune, a box opens up to wite your review and you cant close it untill youve written a certain amout in there. I dont know if its possible though.

It's not. You can't stop someone from closing his browser.

You can't force people to write reviews, unfortunatly. But also, if you could, the amount of useless reviews would be staggering...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

11-12-2005 11:11 Homepage of Surya
dYzeaZe dYzeaZe is a male
Blighted Mind

images/avatars/avatar-1694.gif

Registration Date: 25-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

I'd write more reviews if there would be something to write - most of the things people upload lately
are raw previews with absolutely no effort put in (no offense but I feel like it). And not much of people
here are following the MOTHER FUCKING RULES - one track per week please. No one cares. At first I've
reviewed all the tracks uploaded regardless to the genre, author and the track itself, but now it just
doesn't pay off, alot of guys don't review your tracks in return. I'm not talking about everyone tho.

I think it would be a good idea: 10 proper reviews = 1 track upload permission (with previews).

__
Right now I'm in the process of making up a good sig.
11-12-2005 11:45
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

there probly wouldn't be ten songs to review if everyone could only upload a tune by reviewing ten songs, somewhere along the way.
11-12-2005 12:48
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

But we've already got a shitload of unreviewed songs here, haven't we?

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dYzeaZe: 11-12-2005 15:10.

11-12-2005 15:10
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by dYzeaZe
I'd write more reviews if there would be something to write - most of the things people upload lately
are raw previews with absolutely no effort put in (no offense but I feel like it). And not much of people
here are following the MOTHER FUCKING RULES - one track per week please. No one cares. At first I've
reviewed all the tracks uploaded regardless to the genre, author and the track itself, but now it just
doesn't pay off, alot of guys don't review your tracks in return. I'm not talking about everyone tho.

I think it would be a good idea: 10 proper reviews = 1 track upload permission (with previews).

i think ive been saying this similar thing for a long ass time now...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

11-12-2005 19:28
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
quote:
Originally posted by dYzeaZe

i think ive been saying this similar thing for a long ass time now...

Absolutely agreed.

__
11-12-2005 19:39
Sensa Sensa is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 14-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

Im usually working a hell of a lot lately, my real work & my music work doin radio stations etc....... i used to get a lot more time to do reviews though.......but when i do get the time i do review 80% of the tracks........maybe my reviews aint too indepth because im not professional enough to give indepth advice, i need it myself Big Grin

__
Re:Voltage Recordings
www.revoltagerecordings.com
+44 (0) 7904966436
Email: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com
MSN: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com
11-12-2005 22:50 Homepage of Sensa
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

I think you should give up on forcing people to write reviews, some are more comfortable with it than others and also it goes in periods. I for one can go two weeks without writing a single review to two weeks of reviewing everything.

Restrictions like that would just get to be a major pain in the ass.

__
11-12-2005 22:57 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Dubrain Hertz
I think you should give up on forcing people to write reviews, some are more comfortable with it than others and also it goes in periods.
Restrictions like that would just get to be a major pain in the ass.

Yep but isn't this place about giving and getting reviews? I don't mean that every single one should sit there
and agonize whilst trying to think of something to write - just say if you liked it or not, that would be more help
than just ignoring it (not personal here). It's just that more and more people get dissapointed because they
work their ass off on a track, upload it, expect some feedback on their creation, and what they get is a shitload
of raw unmastered uneq'd stuff and previews pushing them down and out of the "Newest Track" list. And that
just sucks.

All of the above is IMO, do not get offended. Sorry if I've hurt someone's feelings but that's the way it is.

__
11-12-2005 23:33
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

For producers it's definetely about getting/giving reviews, but to a lot of others it's probably about downloading underground DnB tracks and checking out unsigned artists. That is also a very cool thing imo.

As for people posting tracks that they spent less than an hour on...I don't see the point in that, it's just a big waste of both page-space and time.

__
12-12-2005 00:16 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

BTW the rate of reviews given has increased massively after this thread. Bigup

__
16-12-2005 07:34
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

The amount of reviews has risn a lot overall over the last half year Bigup

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-12-2005 07:56 Homepage of Surya