drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » project logs?
Go to the bottom of this page project logs?
Author
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Pretty much every producer has his/her own way of working. So I thought it could be interesting to see how other producers work on a track. So maybe some people would be willing to create a "project log" to show how they work with some screenshots, project files and/or sound files of what you have so far. Including everything from selecting and making the first sounds, down to mixing, eq'ing and the final mastering. Also it would be interesting to have some for different sequencers.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
09-12-2005 18:23 Homepage of djfreemc
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

the idea is GREAT.. Surya posted the "Bassline Screenshots" thread which can relate to this a bit. it would be a tough job though, considering how much pain and suffering you must go through to produce a track, this would need even depicting it in an easy-to-understand manner.. if we could get some of the stronger producing force of the site to do it - it would be ideal. the people who established their own sound well enough.. first names that pop up: Surya, TechDiff, Nosrac. Munki C.. etc.

P.S. I feel this should be in the Prod. Private Board!

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by cynik: 09-12-2005 18:58.

09-12-2005 18:56 Homepage of cynik
dYzeaZe dYzeaZe is a male
Blighted Mind

images/avatars/avatar-1694.gif

Registration Date: 25-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

That's a great idea. But takes lots of effort and I doubt that many will appreciate and only few won't fall asleep while reading.

__
Right now I'm in the process of making up a good sig.
10-12-2005 00:07
@1$-)
unregistered
good idea. im up for it but the only issue is the fact i do so many things without even thinking about it actually making a log would take me a lifetime.
10-12-2005 05:57
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Yeah. This is a nice idea, but I presume the track that would be produced in this way will be juz a plain old regular dnb track, with not much creativity because you have to think about documenting the process while you can devote your attention to getting that new sound in your head.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
10-12-2005 13:41 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
juz a plain old regular dnb track, with not much creativity because you have to think about documenting the process while you can devote your attention to getting that new sound in your head.

Or you won't be feeling like giving away all your producing secrets. Bigup

__
11-12-2005 19:41
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

yes, my technique is crazy and hard to follow, changes with almost every song. i do a lot of weird stuff i.e. i don't like using lead basslines in my tunes. Big Grin
but if you ever want somebody to show em how the jazzy stuff is done...
12-12-2005 02:42
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
good idea. im up for it but the only issue is the fact i do so many things without even thinking about it actually making a log would take me a lifetime.

what about putting a webcam on your shoulder? just an idea..

__
12-12-2005 07:31 Homepage of cynik
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
what about putting a webcam on your shoulder? just an idea..

lol r u serious

__
13-12-2005 19:20
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

course not Big Grin

then again..

nah

__
13-12-2005 19:24 Homepage of cynik
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

Would be interesting to see the video of some pro making a track tho.

__
13-12-2005 20:16
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Ive gotta agree with dYzeaZe on this one. I think most producers want to keep a few things for themselves. Theres some things Ive worked out for myself that I dont really want to show other people how to do and Im sure its the same with everybody. It doesnt come from being selfish or whatever, its more that simply showing someone how to do something takes half the fun out of it. Production is like anything else. Its a journey that you take and you find stuff out along the way. Showing someone exactly how to do something means that they'll miss a huge part of the journey and ultimately will be worse off for it. Any little tricks that you know are the result of a lot of other things you've tried, and probably still use.
It would be interesting to see how other people produce, but chances are its more or less the same.

Normally, I'm sat in front of my laptop, either playing with virtual wiring in reaktor, clicking little boxes in FL, or playing lines on a keyboard. Occasionally I'll fire up my live ensemble for a jam and see if I can make some new nasty sounds. Ive always got a cup of tea or a glass of OJ, and there is always a cigarette burning away in my mouth. How exciting!!

I dont think its too important how you make your tunes, just whether you like them or not, and whether youre enjoying yourself or not.
13-12-2005 23:59
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
Originally posted by dYzeaZe
Would be interesting to see the video of some pro making a track tho.

I dont know if youve heard or Einstuzende Neubauten, (probably not spelt correctly) There a german experimental group. They did an album where they had webcams all over their studio, and fans could watch them and make suggestions over MSN. Havent heard it, Im not a massive fan, some of their stuffs alright though. I thought it was a really weird idea though. It takes the fun out of getting a new album. I want to be supprised when I hear something from an artist I like, maybe thats just me. Thats why I like the V sanres Huge Chrome cylinder album. Its so different from his other stuff, its difficult to believe its by the same person.
14-12-2005 00:04
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » project logs?