drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Just A Thought....
Go to the bottom of this page Just A Thought....
Author
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Beer Anypoo,...wnen i eventually started postin tunes on this site--->(Which is phat-ass by the way),..I honestly started thinkin producin D&B had become almost easy to do if you know what i mean,..it seemed there was a knew producer everyday with the skill's to eventually smash the scene appart if they so desired! Shocked .....But im relizing now that there really is no easy software/device or way to make da truly nasty pro soundin D&B,...also,. it obviously requires so much more than knowing a sequencer insideout,..one has to own mad talent like any musical endevor,.,..but you must also know a sequencer to the point where you can almost subcontiously jam...in other word's you've saused out cu-base to the point where your able to flow right into something that's been floatin around in your head during and pre production,..That take's mad teknical talent and the skilled soulfull kind to get it all workin down to the nitty gritty,..So hat's off to all you producer's on the site that are continously perfecting your craft....I see my fellow producer's like any of my musician friend's,..full of mad talent that cannot be learned and skill's that can,...So once again hat's off to all and just think back to the day when you only dreamed of bein able to manipulate a sequencer the way you do now.....Glad that my fav music ain't so easy to produce.. Wink ....Cheers..

__
Space
09-12-2005 04:04
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

yeah true equipped.. i dont think anyone could imagine how hard and how much work is involved in producing music generaly

it sucks when youre newish to a squencer and it just takes ages to finish a tune.. youre so sick of it b4 you even get the main ideas down. Im gettting there with cubase but man it takes time

Bigup

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
09-12-2005 04:46 Homepage of wreakon
equipped equipped is a male
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by reckon
Im gettting there with cubase but man it takes time

Bigup
man if your figurin that shit out on your own,. hat's off to ya big time,..i was lucky enough to have Nosrac and a few other folk's to guide me along but once you learn the initial bullshit,..it really has to be done all yourself,..that's when your own personal technique's start to take shape,..and only you can perfect them,..when i show Nosrac the anatomy of one of my tune's he's amazed at how different everything's done and he was my sensai Shocked ,..i guess it's like any musical instrument really,...eventually it's all you,...keep at it mighty reckon,..your tune's are pure chunk,..goin to go check one know while i role a doobie... Spliff Listen

__
Space

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 09-12-2005 05:00.

09-12-2005 04:58
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

oh!.. id love to have a peak at nosracs setup Big Grin

It would have been sick to have some help at the start when its all just nonsense.. midi channels and effects?? wtf! Drives you crazy when you cant just do the simple stuff. Now its just a matter of getting fast and finetuning the sound.. i guess Smile

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
09-12-2005 05:21 Homepage of wreakon
equipped equipped is a male
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by reckon
oh!.. id love to have a peak at nosracs setup Big Grin

Smile
...you've probably allready seen it,..it's a big giant lap top,..lol,...seriously that's all he has,..one laptop,.usb thingy....and the cheepiest midi keyboard in exsistance,....got a love it,..but shit does he ever know how to bend that shit,....mighty nosrac...,mad mad talent!!!!!!! Bigup

__
Space
09-12-2005 05:28
Twistedinc Twistedinc is a male

Registration Date: 09-11-2005

yeah i'm still a noob to this but i'm still trying different ways to make rythms and playing around with FL studio..i'm sure once i get my midi controller and my new rig, i'll feel more free to explore what i want to put down. it's all in baby steps

__

09-12-2005 06:42
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

yep bit by bit man, hearing equipped talkin bout life before producing makes me laugh when i first got an copy of fruityloops i was totally confused.
i was convinced it was a completly different kind of program and nearly NEVER explored it features, in fact i started arranging dnb sounds when i got bored trying to get my head around placement and arranging hits in the right place.

when i look back i am so humble and gratful to what ever force made me perservere and make myself learn to get me to where i am today.
it helps when i'm struggling to make a tune in a way coz i know that it was alot worse years ago.

not saying i'm good at all but i do hear myself in other peoples tracks that are obviously producing for the first time.
you can hear my first upload bout a year ago and then compare it to 'Under Pressure' or 'Bullet Dodger' and the improvment and progress made is there to see.

Respect to all the beginners here its good to have people learing the craft and being able to give and recieve knowledge or 'production-knowledge' is , i think a really cool thing.

Peace Bigup

__
My Sounds
09-12-2005 08:38
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
Originally posted by Glimmer
then compare it to 'Under Pressure' or 'Bullet Dodger'

PLUG Big Grin

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

09-12-2005 11:09 Homepage of D2o
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by equipped
when i show Nosrac the anatomy of one of my tune's he's amazed at how different everything's done and he was my sensai Shocked

Yeah that's the cool thing, everybody has his/her own kind of way. The few times that I worked together on some music with other people, and reading how other people work on this board is always a very nice experience to me. Because every other way I see makes me learn a new and mostly interesting method of working, I can add to what I already do.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
09-12-2005 17:31 Homepage of djfreemc
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Just A Thought....