drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » George Best Is No More!!!
Go to the bottom of this page George Best Is No More!!!
Author
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

As you may all be aware george best the greatest footballer to ever live has died after long ill health due to his drinking.

I was interested to know what all the crew think and who's your favourite footballer???

G Bigup

__
My Sounds
26-11-2005 13:40
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

Georges story is one that is truly tragic. Personally I have mixed feelings on the subject - one part of me wants to say 'serve you right' but the other part of me feels sad beacause his talent on the pitch was amazing. He wasnt just skillfull but also innovative in what he did. I just hope that he will be remebered for the football & not the drink.

RIP
26-11-2005 14:05
N-KonspiQus N-KonspiQus is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1405.gif

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

George Best was nothing more than a thug who just happened to have tremendous football skills, he indeed was a 'complete player' as it's called nowadays. But his abilities as a football player imo were evenly matched by his off-pitch antics. A heavy drinker, a womanizer and a notorious wife-beater, George Best lived the life of a rockstar rather than a professional athlete. His alleged 'carreer' is the best example I can give (for those of you who don't know: Best was fired by his club Manchester Utd. after only 6 years because of his lifestyle).
Furthermore: after undergoing a liver transplant a few years ago, Georgie decided to start drinking again. A slap in the face to anyone in need of organ donation. What a waste.. And now he drank himself to death..
In short: I haven't got the feintest bit of sympathy for this man. Yes, a football icon is lost, but as a person.. Don't think it's such a great loss to the world. The best British player is still Gary Lineker (Mr Fairplay, not one yellow card throughout his carreer I think).

Who I currently think are great players: Alessandro Nesta (AC Milan, central defender): great defensive positional play, modest, very 'elegant' for a player that tall (188 cm - 6'2" I think) but also quite injury-prone, and Frank Lampard (Chelsea, central midfield): superb all-round 'sixth sense' positional play, excellent vision and work rate, a killer long shot and never injured.

Oh, and all of the above: very much imho of course..
26-11-2005 14:33
Glim Glim is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

thank u for that... passionate view...

get it off ya chest m8

G Bigup

__
My Sounds
26-11-2005 15:50
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

hotel service comes into Best's room one morning, finds him lying in bed with Miss World, bottles of the best chamagne strewn everywhere . . . "so, Mr Best, where did it all go wrong?"

that about sums it up. he wasn't a tragic figure at all in my book, he did what he liked. as he said "most of my money i spent on booze,women and fast cars . . . the rest I squandered."

lol, come to think of it my favourite player of the moment is Rooney. I think you need the temprement to achieve the real heights.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by broadside: 26-11-2005 18:29.

26-11-2005 18:26
Glim Glim is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

Rooney's on fire at the moment!!
He's already a legend up there with the great ones.

Then there's the reds, Owen and Gerrard!

__
My Sounds
27-11-2005 08:02
N-KonspiQus N-KonspiQus is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1405.gif

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Glimmer
Then there's the reds, Owen and Gerrard!

Yep, Liverpool without Gerrard is like a pint without carbondioxide: stale and boring. And eeerm... Owen might be a Red at heart, his bank account says he's a Magpie (Newcastle) Wink
27-11-2005 12:07
suvcycle suvcycle is a male
jungle boy

images/avatars/avatar-2083.jpg

Registration Date: 03-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Ive head a lot of him, but never seen him play

Check out this movie, amazing !

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/44521/ronaldinho_drill/

__
some run from the big guns,
some just run from the sound
27-11-2005 13:17
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » George Best Is No More!!!