drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Processing sounds
Go to the bottom of this page Processing sounds
Author
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1286.gif

Registration Date: 08-03-2005

Sorry if this thread re-posted. Big Grin

Anyway, since i hear TC Islam & aliens three // boom bass. i realy love with drum n bass. and that is a real deal for all my motion graphic. beside that... i had a planing to create some drum n bass LP Big Grin .

But there's a something with the processing sound. the sound it so clean. Like this.

i wanna processing sound like Reckon & Techdiff coz i like they sound. and they are my influence Big Grin .

And what the efects to use that sounds?
I use FL5 (fruityloops 5) & Adobe auditions for finishing.

Note :
- My samples motion graphic with dnb sound
- Sorry for my english Big Grin
- Thanks fellows

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by noiseWarp: 22-11-2005 05:06.

22-11-2005 05:04
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

You don't want to sound like them,...worst producer's on the site son,..what were you thinkin Tongue ,..anyway to get a grittier overall sound maybe try bouncin you midi to audio with some tasty effect's,..and just usin dirty samples to start with will allway's help,..anyway thought i'd try n help out,..Mighty,.Techdiff and Reckon will will hook you up with the real shindig....cheers... Bigup

__
Space
22-11-2005 06:19
Hidden identity Hidden identity is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 17-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.21

For dirty synths do this:

Chorus,
Flanger,
Phaser,
Flangus,
Vector Filter,

Decimator, (or bit-cruncher)
LowPass Filter,
HighPass Filter,

Peremetric EQ,

OverDrive or WaveShaper or Amps,

Delay,
Reverb,
======================
There is the effects order,
but you dont need to use all of what i said, just some.

I will now go make a FL Synths example and add it to my samples thread,
then post a link here!

__
I'm trying to unfuck my sig.
22-11-2005 06:52
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

lol zhimet! i think your my only fan Big Grin thanks

Well.. FL is a good place to start imo. Get your hands on some vst's like z3ta, absynth, albino, fm7 and start playing around with patches. DOnt rely on any plugins that come with FL or it will be hard to move on to a better sequencer.. which you want to do quickly!

I allways try not to process the sound too much. Subtlety is the key i reckon Smile At the moment i am generly using a combination of eqing, stereo expander(psp) and low freq monoing(basslane), distortion, reverb and mild mutilband compression on the masterchannel. Z3ta has some really cool effects buit in and im using that heaps at the mo!

some free stuff i use

http://www.otiumfx.com/basslane.php

http://www.luxonix.com/home/en/products-lfx1310.html

good luck Bigup

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by wreakon: 22-11-2005 06:55.

22-11-2005 06:52 Homepage of wreakon
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

It's not only a question of dirtying up your sound but also, and maybe more importantly, of starting of with dirty sounding samples. The samplepacks on this site should get you started there I think!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

22-11-2005 07:04 Homepage of Surya
noiseWarp noiseWarp is a male
Tourist

@ reckon & surya = Thanks dude.... at least reckon & surya was here. respek!!!! Big Grin .

@ Hidden identity = cant wait your samples.....

@ equipped = Thx.... Big Grin

i'll try the practice now. Big Grin
22-11-2005 07:49
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by zhimet
@ Hidden identity = cant wait your samples.....

http://www.reupload.com/uploads/Hidden%2...hs%20atmpt1.zip
^Theres the free flp for learning and remixing!
open it in FL-Studio 5, then enjoy! Big Grin

Any sample packs i should make?
^Theres my samples and file links thread!
ive been updateing that thread often so new stuff is up each day or so.
22-11-2005 12:54
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
Originally posted by equipped
You don't want to sound like them,...worst producer's on the site son,..what were you thinkin Tongue :

Yeah man. You need a slap, why would you want to sound like TechDiff. He fucking sucks, and Ive heard loads of rumors about him too. They say he doesnt sleep ever, and he eats nothing but cigarettes and coffee,and hes only 2 foot tall. Sometimes you might find him rumaging in the undergrowth looking for insects to train as his own slaves.

To get more grit in your tunes, I think it all comes down to the original source. For synths I normally use Reaktor 5 and absynth as they both allow a lot of editing and tweaking. You can also have an infinite number of oscilators so you can get Reeces from hell as well as really thick evolving pad sounds. Then it just comes down to the effcts stage. I think the key to effects is just to experiment and whenever you get a cool sound save it as a preset. You'd be amazed at how much mahem you can create with just a reverb. As for drums, I think it comes down to having fairly crunchy sounds in the first place, the tramen is a good place to start but a combination of a few is always good. A lot of the drum edits in my tunes come from lots of live knob tweaking in reaktor, but a good place to start would be the granulizer in FL, try loading a drums loop into one and just fiddle with the controls and you'll start to get some weird sounds out of it. But I think the most important thing is your frame of mind. The nasty stuff comes out when Im in a nasty mood. Sometimes I'll start a track one day, and not do anything to it for a week or so untill Im in the same sort of mood again. Thats why I dont post many tunes, because Ive always got a few on the go, depending on what mood Im in. It takes a long time for any to get finished.

Anyway. I think for effects, some good ones to start with would be, A really warm distortion, a Bitcrusher, a ring mod, a combfilter, and some really nice delays and reverbs. I dont ever really use much else.
As for synths, I wouldn't really recomend any of the FL ones, theyre good if you spend ages fiddling and add shit loads of effects, but there are much better ones. Reaktor has got everything you'd ever need, synths, effects, sequencers, drum machines, sound creaters, and you can make your own stuff too. Absynth is a good bet too as it allows all sorts of adjustments and endless posibilities. Id also recomend having a look at Logic. Some of the synths in there are really good too. I dont use it for sequncing drums and stuff, but for synths its good, especially the ES2.
Anyway, EXPERIMENTEXPERIMENTEXPERIMENTEXPERIMENT! Dont just expect nasty sounds to jump from your computer, It'll take time to get the sound you want, but enjoy the process of finding out. Im giving you a few ideas but not the exact way of doing anything. That is for you to work out for yourself, I'll just try to point you in the right direction. Send me a PM if you got any questions, and I'll try to help out.
22-11-2005 13:01
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Yeah man. You need a slap, why would you want to sound like TechDiff. He fucking sucks, and Ive heard loads of rumors about him too. They say he doesnt sleep ever, and he eats nothing but cigarettes and coffee,and hes only 2 foot tall. Sometimes you might find him rumaging in the undergrowth looking for insects to train as his own slaves.

Those rumors were bull shit, on CNN they said TechDiff invented a bio-digital transmutor that allowed him to control his computer using his brain, and thats how he could make such complex sounding music.
Also they said that he just assasinated the pope yesterday!!!
He was shot in a public bathroom and the words heard inside before the shooting here:
(TechDiff:) So, you need to pope? (pprrrrt)
*BANG BANG BANG!!! BANG BANG*
...*BANG*
Then he flushed all of the evidence and they couldnt proove anything,
and now TechDiff is the new pope, and hes got his own statues replaceing the jesus ones on the cross up now, and the cross was replaced by a guitar (gibson 98).
AND also instead of baptizing babies he got em to chane all of that up so that the babies baptize the preists now.
its vice versa!!!
^
AND THATS THE GOSPEL TRUTH!!!
Nothing is as true as that! its more true then truth itself!
the clowds parted before i said that!

...were the hell is TechDiff anyways? i thought i saw some kinda reply...
but it was probably just my imaginations.

__
I'm trying to unfuck my sig.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hidden identity: 22-11-2005 13:13.

22-11-2005 13:12
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

From what Ive heard that is true, although I heard that it wasnt a Gibson guitar, but an Ibanez JS1000.

From what I know, TechDiff is no longer alive in the normal sence of the word. He converted his body to pure energy and has transplanted himself into his computer so that he could disolve the seperation between man and machine. I also heard that the pope thing was a covert operation carried out by the CIA in attempt to flush out Bin Laden. Apparently TechDiff is the only music Al Quaida members are allowed to listen to. The plan didnt work because George Bush didnt actualy want to capture Bin Laden, he needs him as an excuse to invade Iran in a few years. There is also a rumor that the entire Iraq conflicts where not about oil, but TechDiffs music. The US wanted exclusive rights to his music so that they could use it to torture inmates at Guantanamo bay. While Al Quaida insisted that TechDiffs music was the digital representation of the voice of Alah.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TechDiff: 22-11-2005 13:43.

22-11-2005 13:41
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
bio-digital transmutor

ROFL

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace
22-11-2005 14:22 Homepage of wreakon
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Mr.Alah:
"Tech deef, grace upon you!
Your weekeed beets are de fuckist homie!
It is now of my pleasures to graunt you lordship over the universe...
if you humbal yourself as mush as to give upon me your copy rights."

TechDiff:
"Dude, fuck that! Your universe sucks shit! Im keepin my hot trax"

Mr.Alah:
"Ulright, if you weesh, but each day that passes in that you do not bestow upon me your copy rights,
in each of those days a new hemroid will sproud upon your buttock,
as a curse of Him."

TechDiff:
"Why do you think i digitized myself u n00b!
I cant be killed at all! Nothing you can do will hurt me..."

Mr.Alah:
"Oh sheet... maybe i should have asked nicely instead of curses and killin...
myeh,"
=========
NASA picked up that convo between some sort of supreim being and...
the one known only as... 'TechDiff'...
22-11-2005 15:05
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

ahahha

you guys should write a screenplay Tongue

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wreakon: 22-11-2005 15:09.

22-11-2005 15:08 Homepage of wreakon
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

Some people claim that arguments between TechDiff and the deity caused the actual creation of the universe. It is belieived that the two argued for seven days and seven nights following a heated game of battleships. Apparently the deity was losing and started to move his pieces in a practice refered to as "Cheeting". TechDiff, in his infinite widom, knew this and promptly acuused the afore mentiond deity. A fight broke out and in a manner similar to a PowerRangers fight scene. Their conflict was so brutal, that nature itself began to question the posibility of it actually being real. The fabric of time began to tear, and from the quantum rips a new universe emerged. This is the origins of the phrase "Tear you a new one". Eventually TechDiff and the Deity sorted out their differences and began to rule the univers together. The deity still held a grudge though, and one day decided to poison TechDiff and sent him to the earth in human form. Fortunately TechDiff still retains some of his power and decided to use his powers to influence the earth the what he believed to be the most effective medium.......MUSIC
22-11-2005 15:22
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

a practice refered to as "Cheeting".. lol

i love battleships! Dont take any shit from a cheating deity i allways say

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace
22-11-2005 15:37 Homepage of wreakon
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

http://www.reupload.com/uploads/REECE8789a79asd.zip
^Theres another example flp,
this time its a nice reece and some beats.
23-11-2005 02:58
noiseWarp noiseWarp is a male
Tourist

Whew... techdiff was here... Respek too!... completed
The inspired Big Grin .

LOL Smile

Like techdiff sez... EXPERIMENT. yeap iam in experiment now Big Grin
here my first DnB & was created last month :
Muka gepeng
Bored loop. un-variation Frown

quote:

http://www.reupload.com/uploads/Hidden%2...hs%20atmpt1.zip
^Theres the free flp for learning and remixing!
open it in FL-Studio 5, then enjoy! Big Grin

http://www.reupload.com/uploads/REECE8789a79asd.zip
^Theres another example flp,
this time its a nice reece and some beats.

Holly s**t.... this samples great.
but im still learning how to use the layer.
thanks anyway. Big Grin

quote:
Any sample packs i should make?
^Theres my samples and file links thread!
ive been updateing that thread often so new stuff is up each day or so.

Could'nt opened Frown .... du no why?..

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by noiseWarp: 23-11-2005 04:22.

23-11-2005 03:46
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

SATURATION DISTORTION!

warmafiy.

and you're clean beats, and synth, would do it. use drum samples, they have the grit and distortion tht thoes drum machine samples don't have, only real drums can make any track sound dirty.

chop up loops, and use thoes one hits to "layer" on top of the drums, this way you get nice full sounds that pound through in a massive chaos. it's what's called the "wall of sound" when you layer up simular sounds together. check up on that.

but mostly, use drum breaks from the funk era, i suggest, some James Brown. check out the "samples" section, it has some "classic breaks" on e you use thoes, you'll be on the right track. i was stumped like you until i found them.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 23-11-2005 04:18.

23-11-2005 04:16 Homepage of Halph-Price
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Mighty,.Techdiff n Reckon.be hooked you up,...huge producers,.. Big Grin will certianly check your first smasher,..cheers... Bigup

__
Space

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 23-11-2005 06:32.

23-11-2005 06:29
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by equipped
Mighty,.Techdiff n Reckon.be hooked you up,...huge producers,.. Big Grin will certianly check your first smasher,..cheers... Bigup

HaHa...lol. Yeah man I way about 20 stone!

Yeah, definately check out the sample section. Using real drum loops will definately give you a more trashy sound, and after that its up to you to make them your own. Just remember that you must mess the beats up, you dont want to have a standard lood just rolling round n round. Get one of the break loops, put it in the fruity slicer, and play around. Good luck, cant wait to hear some of your tunes. Oh, and if you get the chance, give Venetian snares a listen. His stuff is amazing and the sound is just quality aswell. And Squarepusher too.
23-11-2005 12:27
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Processing sounds