drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Dutch Shooting Mourned by All
Go to the bottom of this page Dutch Shooting Mourned by All
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Dutch animal lovers are mourning a sparrow shot dead after it fluttered into an exhibition hall and knocked over thousands of dominoes set up in preparation for a world record attempt.

The sparrow will be commemorated in a live Dutch television broadcast of the domino-toppling Friday after a wave of national outrage at the shooting.

"We know we are responsible for a lot of emotion in the country and we realize we couldn't go on without properly marking this," said Jeroen van Waardenberg, a spokesman for reality TV company Endemol, the firm behind "Big Brother."

An exterminator shot the sparrow Monday in the northern city of Leeuwarden after fears the bird could upset more of the 4 million dominoes which staff had spent weeks balancing on their edges for the record attempt.

Dutch animal rights groups are outraged, especially as sparrows are a protected species in the Netherlands.

Hundreds of condolence messages have been posted on a website for the sparrow (www.dodemus.nl), which has attracted 200,000 hits.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticl...CH-SHOOTING.xml

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

21-11-2005 07:52 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I don't get it. Those people are too stupid to keep the poor animal outside so they give themselves the right to take it's life from him? Sad, very sad! And all of this for some stupid domino bricks... GET A LIFE!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

21-11-2005 09:08 Homepage of Surya
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

thats fucking sick, like the poor bird did it purposedly. and even if it did. thas no reason to kill it!!!! I say hang the bastards

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
21-11-2005 11:12 Homepage of cynik
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

I wonder, if a human would go in there and mess things up, would they shoot him too?

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

21-11-2005 11:43 Homepage of Surya
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

poor little bugger Cry

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
21-11-2005 15:14 Homepage of wreakon
Peel Peel is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-1344.jpg

Registration Date: 20-07-2005

come on

it's just a bird

do we have 200.000 people screaming every time 100th of thousands people die of hunger or thirst, like, hum, every day?

ridiculous

__

Peeled November 2006 Mix
21-11-2005 16:49 Homepage of Peel
dYzeaZe dYzeaZe is a male
Blighted Mind

images/avatars/avatar-1694.gif

Registration Date: 25-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

Totally agreeing with Peel.

Children in African countries are dying from diseases, hunger and poverty and no one pretty much
gives a fuck or does anything to help. At least I don't see it in the news every day. But when a bunch
of nerds shoot a bird (omg) for dominoes (lol?), we get 200 000 people bitching. Absolutely ridiculous.

P.S. I feel sad for the bird however.

__
Right now I'm in the process of making up a good sig.
21-11-2005 17:05
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Peel
come on

it's just a bird

do we have 200.000 people screaming every time 100th of thousands people die of hunger or thirst, like, hum, every day?

ridiculous

the earth is over-populated with PEOPLE!!!

animals fall short in number everyday, very fast, only because of man. because of man many species of animals got extinct even. let me ask you who gave man the right to do that???

it's not "one bird" it's an example of a typical human extinction job he does from the dawn of his time. when something doesn't suit his way of lif, he destroys it. but nature will have it's revenge.. heed these words...

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by cynik: 21-11-2005 17:24.

21-11-2005 17:22 Homepage of cynik
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by cynik

animals fall short in numbers everyday, very fast, only because of man. because of man many species of animals got extinct even. let me ask you who gave man a right to do that???

it's not "one bird" it's an example of a typical human extinction job he does from the dawn of his time. but nature will have it's revenge.. heed these words...

No one's talking about killing animals is good. But do the people who die every day in vast numbers
deserve it? 100 000 innocents every day - not a problem. 1 bird at a dominoe party - apocalypse?

__
21-11-2005 17:25
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by dYzeaZe
quote:

animals fall short in numbers everyday, very fast, only because of man. because of man many species of animals got extinct even. let me ask you who gave man a right to do that???

it's not "one bird" it's an example of a typical human extinction job he does from the dawn of his time. but nature will have it's revenge.. heed these words...

No one's talking about killing animals is good. But do the people who die every day in vast numbers
deserve it? 100 000 innocents every day - not a problem. 1 bird at a dominoe party - apocalypse?

can't you read? it's not "one bird" what gets me.. what 100000 innocents are you blaberring about???

I don't know the exact figures but the world IS getting overpopulated.. more is the number of newborns vs dying .. so what you said makes no sense

__
21-11-2005 17:30 Homepage of cynik
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

There's a difference between people not getting food due to bad infrastructure and killing a bird just for it being there, no?

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

21-11-2005 17:31 Homepage of Surya
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
quote:

There's a difference between people not getting food due to bad infrastructure and killing a bird just for it being there, no?

totally agree on that. the biggest reason of premature human death must be man himself.

for example yearly more people die by slipping on the wet bathroom floor than ones that get eaten by a shark

__
21-11-2005 17:36 Homepage of cynik
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
can't you read? it's not "one bird" what gets me.. what 100000 innocents are you blaberring about???
I don't know the exact figures but the world IS getting overpopulated.. more is the number of newborns vs dying .. so what you said makes no sense

I can read very well thank you and NO NEED to get personal I can do that too you know. What I am
talking about is people don't care for other people. At all. You are telling me about the nature getting
destroyed by humans, and I am telling you about HUMANS getting destroyed by humans. And that's
a big difference. We won't be able to care for nature before we learn to care for other people. And
if you wish to have a healthy dispute, please refrain from offending.

__
21-11-2005 17:39
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah, read my above post.. I don't care about humans. I'm a misanthrope

__
21-11-2005 17:42 Homepage of cynik
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

If God would exist, he should be shot for inventing humans imo Big Grin

Humans seem to do more bad then good...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

21-11-2005 17:43 Homepage of Surya
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
yeah, read my above post.. I don't care about humans. I'm a misanthrope

You don't care for humans - you don't care for yourself, because you are a human.

__
21-11-2005 17:45
Blighted Mind

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
If God would exist, he should be shot for inventing humans imo Big Grin

Humans seem to do more bad then good...

Yep the nature didn't know what it was doing when it made an ape come down from a tree and take a stick.

__
21-11-2005 17:47
Peel Peel is a male
Player

quote:
quote:

the 250.000 people who died from the earthquake in pakistan last month without us lifting a finger to help makes me way sicker than a fucking bird getting shot for any reason sorry

__

Peeled November 2006 Mix
22-11-2005 14:34 Homepage of Peel
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah, I know what you mean. But still I'm sure it wasn't nessecary to KILL the bird. If they wanted to shoot it, use a tranquilizer gun!

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

22-11-2005 14:38 Homepage of Surya
Peel Peel is a male
Player

quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. But still I'm sure it wasn't nessecary to KILL the bird. If they wanted to shoot it, use a tranquilizer gun!

must be some kind of dosage problem with such small animals, just one drop over the dose and you kill it anyways, or it falls down the ground and snaps like a matchstick. They could have tried at least.

Just be prepared for more bird shooting with the bird flu coming around. They had to kill 200 infected swans on a lake in russia yesterday.

__

Peeled November 2006 Mix
22-11-2005 14:46 Homepage of Peel
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Dutch Shooting Mourned by All