drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » NNXT Routing
Go to the bottom of this page NNXT Routing
Author
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

I noticed that the NNXT has multiple outs on the back of it ... is there anything that can be done with that?

Can i assign samples to vaious outs and then edit thos outs with individual compression/eq/reverb/.etc....

thanks.

if not whats the point of having them??

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
13-11-2005 12:32 Homepage of Arkitekt
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Read the helpfiles:

quote:
Audio Output
There are 16 audio output jacks on the NN-XT's back panel - eight separate stereo pairs. When you create a new NN-XT device, the first output pair (1L & 2R) is auto-routed to the first available channel on the audio mixer.

The other output pairs are never automatically routed. If you wish to use any of the other output pairs, you have to manually connect them to the desired device - typically a mixer channel. The basics on Routing is described in the chapter "Managing the Rack" in the Getting Started book.

Note that when you use any other output pair than the first, you also have to route one or more zones to it if you want it to actually output sound, since all zones by default are routed to outputs 1 & 2.

Just select a zone (sample) and turn op or down the little out button all the way to the right under the NN-XT "screen" to assign it to an output. From there you can route it to several effects, mixer channels, etc.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 13-11-2005 12:59.

13-11-2005 12:53 Homepage of djfreemc
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
Read the helpfiles:

quote:
Audio Output
There are 16 audio output jacks on the NN-XT's back panel - eight separate stereo pairs. When you create a new NN-XT device, the first output pair (1L & 2R) is auto-routed to the first available channel on the audio mixer.

The other output pairs are never automatically routed. If you wish to use any of the other output pairs, you have to manually connect them to the desired device - typically a mixer channel. The basics on Routing is described in the chapter "Managing the Rack" in the Getting Started book.

Note that when you use any other output pair than the first, you also have to route one or more zones to it if you want it to actually output sound, since all zones by default are routed to outputs 1 & 2.

Just select a zone (sample) and turn op or down the little out button all the way to the right under the NN-XT "screen" to assign it to an output. From there you can route it to several effects, mixer channels, etc.

you the man .. and your right should have checked the help files ... Bigup

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
13-11-2005 13:51 Homepage of Arkitekt
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

OT: I never really use the NNXT, yes it has a vast amount of knobs to set the sample just right.. but you can't automate any of them!!!

I heavily depend on automation and this silly sampler doesn't let me..

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
14-11-2005 12:17 Homepage of cynik
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

what sort of things are you looking to automate on it?

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

15-11-2005 20:30 Homepage of D2o
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
OT: I never really use the NNXT, yes it has a vast amount of knobs to set the sample just right.. but you can't automate any of them!!!
I heavily depend on automation and this silly sampler doesn't let me..

yeh true. One of the biggest drawbacks/disappointments in the whole reason-package. It seems like it was designed for a librarian-kinda use, as in triggering a whole labrary of samples or, on the other hand, an approach to get down to bizniz with real-life instruments.
But for proper and extensive (over)usage of 1 sample, it's still the nn-19 that does it.

automatable nn-xt.... Gaga Drool

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
15-11-2005 21:36 Homepage of Soi
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Jimmy C

lets see.. sample start is a nice thing to automate especially when you use vocals. then theres filter on/off button, you dont want to have filtering all the time do you now? I love changing filter type too. the lfo is isanely detailed with the little filter, pitch and level sensitivity knobs but you just cant automate..

on the other hand the loop start and end knobs are a nice touch when you can't be arsed to go into a wave editor for it..

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
15-11-2005 21:42 Homepage of cynik
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Soi
automatable nn-xt.... Gaga Drool

A combinator with multiple NN-19s in it?

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

15-11-2005 21:44 Homepage of Surya
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Jimmy C

lets see.. sample start is a nice thing to automate especially when you use vocals. then theres filter on/off button, you dont want to have filtering all the time do you now? I love changing filter type too. the lfo is isanely detailed with the little filter, pitch and level sensitivity knobs but you just cant automate..

on the other hand the loop start and end knobs are a nice touch when you can't be arsed to go into a wave editor for it..

you can do most of that with velocity and the two modwheels

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

15-11-2005 22:16 Homepage of D2o
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » NNXT Routing