drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Tempo Change
Go to the bottom of this page Tempo Change
Author
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

is there a way to alter the tempo of the WHOLE track in reason?

IE: i want to change the tempo between bars 30 and 34 to 90BPM instead of my standard 175 - 180 ?

thanks

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
10-11-2005 21:53 Homepage of Arkitekt
@1$-)
unregistered
cant you automate it?? i dunno about reason but you can in the tempo track option in cubase.
10-11-2005 22:21
border border is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1241.gif

Registration Date: 20-05-2004

It doesn't seem to be possible
You cannot record a tempo change, and there is no trace of a thing like a tempo track.
10-11-2005 22:52
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah i know about the tempo track in Cubase .. which is really nice .. but i dont htink i can find one in reason

thanks tho guys ,, i think ill check reasonfreaks..

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
10-11-2005 22:55 Homepage of Arkitekt
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

there is the "event" envelope. select the parts of track by highlighting -> right click -> change events. it's a bit awkward though, you can't set the bpm, you ahve to select the percentage of slow down / speed up instead.

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
10-11-2005 23:09 Homepage of cynik
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
there is the "event" envelope. select the parts of track by highlighting -> right click -> change events. it's a bit awkward though, you can't set the bpm, you ahve to select the percentage of slow down / speed up instead.

so if i was at 180 i would have to slow it down by 50% to get my desired 90? is that what your sayin?

thanks ahead a time bro

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
10-11-2005 23:11 Homepage of Arkitekt
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Arkitekt
so if i was at 180 i would have to slow it down by 50% to get my desired 90? is that what your sayin?

thanks ahead a time bro

yeah, in that case it's easy. what would you do if you wanted to set it from 172.561 to 101.006 Big Grin

just make sure you selected all the bars. it's easy to miss a piece, a smart thing to do is paint the entire area with the pen and make a huge bar for that area.

AND whats more important!!! if you have something sequenced after that area you must insert empty bars exactly at the end of the one you wanna slow down.

otherwise, it will mess up whats after by copying new stuff over. so make sure you made enough space

__
10-11-2005 23:24 Homepage of cynik
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

quote:
quote:

thanks ahead a time bro

if youre just halfing the tempo i just skip beats.. then you can got from dnb to hiphop speed no sweat Wink

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wreakon: 11-11-2005 06:17.

11-11-2005 02:11 Homepage of wreakon
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by reckon
quote:
quote:

thanks ahead a time bro

if youre just halfing the tempo i just skip beats.. then you can got from dnb to hiphop speed no sweet Wink

hmm yeah i can see where that would work on say a 16 bar break but on an 8 bar break it might be abit harder...

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
11-11-2005 02:31 Homepage of Arkitekt
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks ahead a time bro

if youre just halfing the tempo i just skip beats.. then you can got from dnb to hiphop speed no sweat Wink

whta's that skipping beats about? were talking Reason here.. if you thought changing resolution, it wouldn't be possible if you programmed stuff directly in the sequencer.. I doubt that's what you meant tho.

__
11-11-2005 11:17 Homepage of cynik
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks ahead a time bro

whta's that skipping beats about? were talking Reason here.. if you thought changing resolution, it wouldn't be possible if you programmed stuff directly in the sequencer.. I doubt that's what you meant tho.

um... say if you have a programed drum loop that goes for 1 bar. If you streach it out over two bars it will be half the speed.

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
12-11-2005 01:46 Homepage of wreakon
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks ahead a time bro

um... say if you have a programed drum loop that goes for 1 bar. If you streach it out over two bars it will be half the speed.

hmmm another interesting idea... thanks ,,

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
12-11-2005 02:48 Homepage of Arkitekt
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

bah. that's exactly what the tempo change thing does

__
13-11-2005 03:01 Homepage of cynik
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

bah. that's exactly what the tempo change thing does

good point .. hmmm ... thanks guys...

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
13-11-2005 12:30 Homepage of Arkitekt
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Tempo Change