Go to the bottom of this page Something different
Author
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

Ez all

thought I would post a link to a track I made recently...its kind of downtempo with a sampled & heavily processed break and a few nice dark sounds to compliment. Most sounds were created with the Korg legacy collection.

Im hoping to use this as part of the soundtrack to a short ive written & am planning to film at some point.

A Dark Thought

Im not expecting reviews or anything but any thoughts or comments would be greatly received.

cheerz
09-11-2005 22:42
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

**BUMP**
16-11-2005 19:27
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

(Taken from acidplanet.com)

Wow, nice atmo in the begining, that dark synth really drives me... ok, it lacks a bit low end, but is ok in any case. The beat is gr8, the hats are little quiet, but are ok. Nice synths you have there, those bubly sounds... ok, it goes and reaches.. nowhere till now... yeah, like someone said b4, I like the pause too... you lack some new stuff, and your synths are too quiet in the second part of the tune... oops, here are some beat variations.. ahh no, only one.. damn Big Grin ok, another pause... That open hihat sound is very queer, like EQed distorted open hihat sound... with some choir on it... but I like it hahah :-) The tune ends a bit uninventive, but I haven't listened to too much downtempo music, so I don't know its rules. Thinking with a dnb/normal background, you lack some new synths that will bring dynamics into the tune. But not bad tune at all! You're gettin there...! ;-)

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
16-11-2005 22:19 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Bigup Bigup Bigup

Thanks very much man!

The track has no bassline thats a fact Tongue it might sound strange but I didnt really feel like it needed it as such - my idea was to fill out the low end with the atmo that plays throughout the track but I need to boost the low end more I think. The beat is quite repetative but I wanted to keep things quite minimal (maybe a few more edits wouldnt go a miss) but I hope that there was enough variation to keep things interesting overall Smile

glad you liked it... cheers! Smile
17-11-2005 17:23
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

chill track man! Like it very much
Should fit perfectly in one of dem Doom games Big Grin
Really... and then when the action begins.. WHAM big drop & lotsa dark hard agressive dnb shit hmmmm yea

__

17-11-2005 19:33 Homepage of Rude
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Rude
Really... and then when the action begins.. WHAM big drop & lotsa dark hard agressive dnb shit hmmmm yea

Sweet idea man!!!! Bigup

Might do an extended d&b edit Big Grin Tongue
17-11-2005 19:56
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

I know y'all not that really interested but here's another one for your listening pleasure....... Tongue

Another downtempo affair but this one has a bit more of a trippy ambient feel to it.

Tell Me
22-11-2005 23:52
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Something different