drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Making a 4 bar pattern into a 32 bar pattern?
Go to the bottom of this page Making a 4 bar pattern into a 32 bar pattern?
Author

Registration Date: 09-11-2005

is there a way to make a 4 bar into a 32 bar without having to write in the extra bars..ie copy 4 and make into 32??

__

09-11-2005 22:33
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

yeah copy and paste 8 times... done!

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
09-11-2005 22:36 Homepage of Arkitekt
Twistedinc Twistedinc is a male

could this be explained in more detail ..i'm not that keen with the workings of FL

__

09-11-2005 22:55
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

niether am i it was more of a joke mate sorry bout that ... Smile umm i think if you pm surora23 he could help you or muad'dib they both use fl im a reason head myself ... sorry again mate ..

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
09-11-2005 23:09 Homepage of Arkitekt

Tongue np
thnx tho

__

09-11-2005 23:15
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Ok, I don't completely understand what you are trying to achieve, but let's say you want to have 4 bars which will repeat through a 32 bar pattern.

Well, you cannot do that in the step sequencer (read about it in the manual) but you can do that in the piano roll.
Right click on the channel -> Piano Roll

Ctrl+A -> Ctrl+C -> go with the view to the right, Ctrl+V. If it happens to paste over the old ones, just drag the new ones with your mouse to the new position.

Do that 4 times.

Fruity doesn't make this easy for doing because it is plain simple that you can put the same pattern in the playlist editor over and over again, and you need not copyin it.

PS There is no way to spread a 4 bar pattern on the size of 32 bar one. You must calculate the hit points yourself Wink or change the bpm (divide by 4).

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
10-11-2005 08:17 Homepage of Muad'Dib

i figured it out..yeah i just used the PL..was thinking deeper than i should...but i have another question and i might have alot since i got no manual..in the PL is there a way to put a patern like "mid" block???

[ ][|] |= middle..if not possible what other methods are there that i could use to acheave this

__

10-11-2005 08:43
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

If you mean that you want to paste a pattern halfway through a bar in the Play list, then teah there is. In the top right area fof your screen you should notice a menu labeled snap. Bring the menu doen and set it to beat then you will be able to place patterns at places other than just every bar. The other option is, if your not using the Piano roll, to select every channel in your step sequencer (by double clicking on the thin green box next to a channel) Then hold down shift on your keyboard and use the left and right arrow keys to move the data along the sequncer. So that you know, the snap menu is global, meaning it adjust the snap point for everything. If your in the playlist, set it to bar (unless your wanting to place patterns at different places) and if your in the piano roll, set it to step or half step.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by TechDiff: 11-11-2005 15:26.

10-11-2005 13:14
sssonarrr sssonarrr is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1223.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

or you could just go to the site of fruity loops here and download the manual

__
Bigup laborecordings
10-11-2005 15:48 Homepage of sssonarrr

Frown i got FL studio 4... no snap but i will be buying FL5 soon Pleased

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Twistedinc: 10-11-2005 21:26.

10-11-2005 21:20
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
If you mean that you want to paste a pattern halfway through a bar in the step sequencer, then teah there is. In the top right area fof your screen you should notice a menu labeled snap. Bring the menu doen and set it to beat then you will be able to place patterns at places other than just every bar. The other option is, if your not using the Piano roll, to select every channel in your step sequencer (by double clicking on the thin green box next to a channel) Then hold down shift on your keyboard and use the left and right arrow keys to move the data along the sequncer. So that you know, the snap menu is global, meaning it adjust the snap point for everything. If your in the playlist, set it to bar (unless your wanting to place patterns at different places) and if your in the piano roll, set it to step or half step.

snap ahas NOTHING TO DO WITH THIs...

omg people ion the main view or if youre sequencing hit f5 so you cna see your main pattern sequence... and jsut paste the drumloop 8 times..

i swear to god you people mnake this shit rocket science and i dont get it...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

11-11-2005 13:56
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Twistedinc
i figured it out..yeah i just used the PL..was thinking deeper than i should...but i have another question and i might have alot since i got no manual..in the PL is there a way to put a patern like "mid" block???

[ ][|] |= middle..if not possible what other methods are there that i could use to acheave this

Yeah, nothing to do with snap. You havent actualy read this thread, have you.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by TechDiff: 11-11-2005 15:28.

11-11-2005 14:38
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23

snap ahas NOTHING TO DO WITH THIs...

omg people ion the main view or if youre sequencing hit f5 so you cna see your main pattern sequence... and jsut paste the drumloop 8 times..

i swear to god you people mnake this shit rocket science and i dont get it...

Well, to some, it is a rocket science...

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
11-11-2005 17:28 Homepage of Muad'Dib

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

dude this entire thing had nothing to do with the snap feature at all...if youre telling me the snap feature had ANYTHING TO DO with pasting a 4 bar loop to make it a 32 bar measure you need to re evaluate how you produce... cause TO ME and MAYBE TO ME ONLY that makes no sense what so ever...

i swear...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

13-11-2005 02:11

i think a lil miscomunication was cuased here..i'm not talking about the step sequencer i'm talking about the play list..it's set up in a gris and i was just wondering " if " it was possible to start a pattern mid block without sending it into piano roll and shifting it mid way. thats all

__

13-11-2005 05:01
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
i think a lil miscomunication was cuased here..i'm not talking about the step sequencer i'm talking about the play list..it's set up in a gris and i was just wondering " if " it was possible to start a pattern mid block without sending it into piano roll and shifting it mid way. thats all

Sure you can, even in FL4. Just click in the left top corner of the Playlist window, select zoom and close. Now you see smaller divisions in each bar. Or go to the little square right under the X to close the Playlist, and drag it op or down to zoom in. If you still need more detail, you can go to options/general settings/project/general, and set the PPQ higher.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
13-11-2005 11:36 Homepage of djfreemc
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
quote:

dude this entire thing had nothing to do with the snap feature at all...if youre telling me the snap feature had ANYTHING TO DO with pasting a 4 bar loop to make it a 32 bar measure you need to re evaluate how you produce... cause TO ME and MAYBE TO ME ONLY that makes no sense what so ever...

i swear...

Dude, we'd already resolved the issue of extending a 4 bar pattern to 32 bars. He then wanted to know if there was a way of placing a block midway through a bar in the Playlist editor, which has everything to do with the snap. Your right, making a 4 bar pattern into 32 bars does have nothing to do with the snap, but someone had already told him a way round that, and he had another question which is what I was answering. As I've already said, if you'd read the whole thread youd realize this and wouldnt have felt the need to jump in with suggestions that I re-evaluate the way I produce. Prehaps I should suggest that you re-evaluate the way you read! This whole thing is getting stupid. Prehaps I should think twice about trying to help people in the future to save myself miss-fired acusations and critisism.

@ Twistedinc. The grid in the playlist uses something called snap. This means that when you go to move a pattern around, it wont move gradually but jump or snap from one bar to the next. In order to move it half way between the bar, you have to adjust the snap setting. This will be found in a small drop down menu in the top right corner of the screen. Normally this is set to line when you open up fruity, you want to set this to beat. That will allow you to move the patterns by smaller increments so that you can paste a pattern mid way through a bar. FL4 definately does have this feature, look for a small rectangular box with line written on it, it displays the setting it is on rather than saying snap on it. It does have snap written next to it. You may also need to zoom in in order to place the pattern exactly where you want it. In the playlist editor there are 2 small rectangular boxes near to the vertical scroll bar. If you click and drag on one of the boxes you'll be able to zoom in and out which will make precise placement a lot easier. I hope this is helpful. If anyone else feels that I should re-evaluate my trying to be helpful or my production methods. Shoot me a PM rather than cluttering up this thread any further.
14-11-2005 15:21

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i swear...

Dude, we'd already resolved the issue of extending a 4 bar pattern to 32 bars. He then wanted to know if there was a way of placing a block midway through a bar in the Playlist editor, which has everything to do with the snap. Your right, making a 4 bar pattern into 32 bars does have nothing to do with the snap, but someone had already told him a way round that, and he had another question which is what I was answering. As I've already said, if you'd read the whole thread youd realize this and wouldnt have felt the need to jump in with suggestions that I re-evaluate the way I produce. Prehaps I should suggest that you re-evaluate the way you read! This whole thing is getting stupid. Prehaps I should think twice about trying to help people in the future to save myself miss-fired acusations and critisism.

@ Twistedinc. The grid in the playlist uses something called snap. This means that when you go to move a pattern around, it wont move gradually but jump or snap from one bar to the next. In order to move it half way between the bar, you have to adjust the snap setting. This will be found in a small drop down menu in the top right corner of the screen. Normally this is set to line when you open up fruity, you want to set this to beat. That will allow you to move the patterns by smaller increments so that you can paste a pattern mid way through a bar. FL4 definately does have this feature, look for a small rectangular box with line written on it, it displays the setting it is on rather than saying snap on it. It does have snap written next to it. You may also need to zoom in in order to place the pattern exactly where you want it. In the playlist editor there are 2 small rectangular boxes near to the vertical scroll bar. If you click and drag on one of the boxes you'll be able to zoom in and out which will make precise placement a lot easier. I hope this is helpful. If anyone else feels that I should re-evaluate my trying to be helpful or my production methods. Shoot me a PM rather than cluttering up this thread any further.

hahahah no dude that was my bust HAHAHA..shit sorry Tongue but this is simple...still imonothing to do with snap... but if you make lets say an 8 bar pattern instead of for, yo can simple click and drag it a pattern over so then you have essentially 3, 4 bar patterns... this is good if you do it twice... makes it easy to hav ea small variation at the end of a break withou programming a new one..

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Surora23: 14-11-2005 20:11.

14-11-2005 15:59
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

Ok, if you don't stop flaming, all contestors in the flaming will get time ban ASAP.

This is only for peace keeping, don't hate.

__

-Bene Gesserit
14-11-2005 17:48 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

All mighty Muad'Dib has spoken Big Grin
Kiddin dudes, but please don't be aggressive to each other Bigup

__

-Bene Gesserit
19-11-2005 03:22 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Making a 4 bar pattern into a 32 bar pattern?