drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Help on Breakbeat Science
Go to the bottom of this page Help on Breakbeat Science
Author
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 07-11-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.00

I produce Science Breakbeat - Drum 'N' Bass music

Im using reason 3.0.4 to make my music on.

My soundcard is a M-Audio Delta 1010.

I was in the studio today but I was having problems because I don't know how to set the ratio and threshold on bass, I made a good beat but the bass I could not here much, And it was not that pumping, Please give me a good setting on bass & drum I want to produce music like limewax so basically I want my music to be raw, So please give me a good setting in reason 3.0.4 for my bass & drums

I used
1 masterclass for my drums
1 masterclass for my bass
1 masterclass for my synth

So really I can master each 1 of them in there own form. I really need your help because sometimes I make music the drums feel really light and I want them to be pumping out blood you know what I mean guys.

And can you give me a good guide on how to make science break beat music please because sometimes I really get stuck, And can you give me tips in reason on how to chain a device and how to make the best bass sounds ever thanks.
07-11-2005 17:23 Homepage of DholiX
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I never use the masterclass.

For pumping bass: first make sure your EQing is on the spot. Always, yes ALWAYS EQ everything before you compress it. I often end up not compressing anything at all.

For treshold and ratio, I'd say, just use your ears. But if you want pumping, I guess you'll need a bit longer attack settings on your compressor, to get a thump in the beginning.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

07-11-2005 17:43 Homepage of Surya
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

masterclass equalizer is far better than the 2-band one in previous versions.

the mastering combinator gives rather weak results tho and I suggest not using it at all, well maybe just the soft-clipper (on the maximizer).

if you rewire it to a vst host (like Cubase, or Tracktion2 which I use) you will get far better results with more powerful vst eq's and compressors.

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
07-11-2005 18:37 Homepage of cynik
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Help on Breakbeat Science