drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Drum-n-bass massive » I am moving to Belgium
Go to the bottom of this page I am moving to Belgium
Author
Cool Steppa

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Hey all
Hoping a few peeps could give me some info...I am a 23 year old American who is moving to Belgium in September. I will be teaching English at the University in Antwerpen and hopefully perfecting my Dutch/Flemish...I had a few questions for the all of you:

Anyone know of any good DnB nights in Antwerpen/surrounding areas?

I DJ as well and will be bringing my vinyl along with me. Anyone have any idea of clubs or bars I might be able to spin at?

Do many top DJs come to Belgium or do they normally pass you by for the bigger countries?

Anyway, Im really looking forward to getting the hell out of this country and over to yours, and any information you can give me about my questions, or anything else you think I might find useful will be greatly appreciated...bedankt, en tot ziens Bigup
25-07-2003 06:13
ripon ripon is a male
Cool Steppa

Oh yeah, my email is dr3000octagon@yahoo.com if you want to email me info, rather than posting it... Big Grin
25-07-2003 06:15
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

I'm from antwerp Smile but hey you got msn? maybe add me, we can chat about it! rather shitty typing it all down ya know Wink

mine is beat_3000@hotmail.com

cheerz

__

25-07-2003 11:39 Homepage of Emblem-X
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by ripon
Do many top DJs come to Belgium or do they normally pass you by for the bigger countries?

Oh, we get big names here more than you might expect. Seen the Full Cycle crew, Andy C, Teebee, EZ Rollerz, Marky (yuk), Suv, Ed Rush, )EIB(, Concord Dawn, ... al here in about 1 year's time, so, I don't think we have to complain a lot. Seeing Dillinja & Lemon D this monday (not that I really like 'm, but what the hell Tongue )

PS: Welcome to the board mate!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

25-07-2003 16:43 Homepage of Surya
ripon ripon is a male
Cool Steppa

quote:
h, we get big names here more than you might expect. Seen the Full Cycle crew, Andy C, Teebee, EZ Rollerz, Marky (yuk), Suv, Ed Rush, )EIB(, Concord Dawn, ... al here in about 1 year's time, so, I don't think we have to complain a lot. Seeing Dillinja & Lemon D this monday (not that I really like 'm, but what the hell )

Oh thank god, I thought I was going to be out in the middle of nowhere for DnB...do they mainly come to Brussels or do they come to other cities too?...on the topic of Dilly and Lemon D, saw them about 2 months ago in Chicago, shook both of their hands after the show, their tunes sound a little repetitive when listening at home, but hearing them live they really got my ass moving!!
25-07-2003 17:05
Pablex Pablex is a male
Massive Junglism

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Registration Date: 20-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

they play everywhere even in shitholes
technical itch is playing in a shithole most ppl have never even heard of tonight
there's tendays off techno going on now with big names in ghent,u got inside where a lot of names like matrix,hazard,alley cat,andy c,etc have played in brussels,
concord dawn,dylan,usual suspects have played in leuven,etc...
there's party's bout every week with allmost every weekend a big name
u don't have to worry mate
u'll b fine here Red Face Wink

__

25-07-2003 17:10
Wim

may I ask which university coz we got a couple in antwerp (antown if you wonna say it hip Wink )

I Live a couple minutes away from the main UFSIA building...

Not much to do in Antwerp dnb-wise these days... Sketch&Code, Black Sun Empire, Kemal, Dom&Roland, ... visited us in 2002...

Bambu (antwerp based crew) are organising the more "intelligent" dnb nights (genre Breakage, Paradox, ...) which are quite nice
25-07-2003 19:32 Homepage of Wim
machakil machakil is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-332.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

I study at the univ. in the centre of antwerp... and got my decks there. You can always pm-mail for info. And have a nice staying here!
Peter

__

25-07-2003 21:22
ripon ripon is a male
Cool Steppa

I will be teaching at the Hoger Instituut voor Vertalers en Tolken and living at Graaf van Egmontstraat 55 (or 50, I cant remember now), if you know where that is...good to hear someone has decks there, machakil, do you ever play out in or around Antwerp? Where do you buy vinyl from? Is there a shop/shops in the city?
26-07-2003 05:28
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

BTW you don't have to restrict yourself to Antwerp parties, our country is very small and Antwerp is located in the centre of the country. Basically you can get to every city in the country in a drive of an hour or less Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
26-07-2003 14:44 Homepage of thechronic
psychomat psychomat is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-66.gif

Registration Date: 16-11-2002

quote:
I will be teaching at the Hoger Instituut voor Vertalers en Tolken and living at Graaf van Egmontstraat 55 (or 50, I cant remember now), if you know where that is...good to hear someone has decks there, machakil, do you ever play out in or around Antwerp? Where do you buy vinyl from? Is there a shop/shops in the city?

You can get your vinyl @
jj records in leuven
music mania in gent
fried chicken in gent
bam bam in antwerp
usa import in antwerp
and of course in brussel, bit don't know the names of the stores other people will know that here

__
Bigup Big Grin Sex and drugs and drum and bass!!! Big Grin Bigup
26-07-2003 14:47
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

quote:

cool , i live around the corner of HIVT and i will be going there starting next year (french/spanish , if you see a very tall redhaired girl it's me Wink , so prolly i will c u there , you can always adress me if you don't know any good parties for the weekend , i might introduce you to my brother , who's a party organiser , he's planning to do a dnb event somewhere end of this year/beginning next year with andy c , krust and aphrodite , the names aren't sure yet but that's the plan Smile )

mail me if you wanna know something more : squiddy84@hotmail.com

welcome to the board btw Bigup

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
26-07-2003 18:38 Homepage of basslicious
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

you can also buy some vinyl at metrophone in antwerp (altho the selection isn't very big!)

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
26-07-2003 18:40 Homepage of basslicious
ZePain ZePain is a male
B-Yayo

images/avatars/avatar-20.jpg

Registration Date: 19-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

sorry for the off topic , ill be heading same way as you basslicious but then in 2 years from now . for french and spanish ( go in frnech to school and live in spain ) Big Grin

welcome to the board !!

__
-Shape The Future-

myspace.com/universoulwithaneye
27-07-2003 01:50
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

hey ripon

belgium kicks america's silly pathetic butt when it comes to partying (i very much doubt that's actually true but hey, at least WE don't play the "hey look how cool i can stand against the wall"-game anymore Wink )

you shouldn't be limiting yourself to only antwerp parties dudeski, not very good for mental health, realleh, and hey, we're a small country, you can drive all the way to the coast, and then to the most southern point of the country and back in half a day (maybe a lil more ...) let alone getting to a party only two cities away ...

can't get ya into any clubs directly but we're busy with some more parties with dainjah.kru and are planning to get bigger in the (near?) future, so if you're in for a spin together when you get here, maybe we can check ya out and then maybe arrange something Wink

__
It's a spiritual thing !

27-07-2003 04:14
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

a lot of dnb stuff takes place in ghent, but that only a 1hour drive, definetly also check out the breakz.be site & forum, welcome to this small but exquisite country Bigup

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
02-08-2003 20:18 Homepage of djfreemc
ripon ripon is a male
Cool Steppa

Sorry voor de Nederlands, maar ik moet een beetje oefenen voor ik naar Belgie kom (een week nog!)

Bedankt voor de info, basslicious, machakil, -J-, enz.. hoe kan ik contact met jullie opnemen als ik er ben? Is PM best?
07-09-2003 23:15
ZePain ZePain is a male
B-Yayo

images/avatars/avatar-20.jpg

Registration Date: 19-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

TRaduction : sorry for the dutch , but i've got to practise a bit before coming to belgium ( for another week !)

thx for the info , ( names ) .. how can i contact you guys when i'm there , is Pm best ?

tough job this moderating =] Tongue

__
-Shape The Future-

myspace.com/universoulwithaneye
07-09-2003 23:22
ripon ripon is a male
Cool Steppa

Thanks ZePain, like I said, sorry for the Dutch, but I need the practice, Im a little rusty...Big up for the translation!
08-09-2003 00:20
ripon ripon is a male
Cool Steppa

Het Nederlands, and not de Nederlands...damn, I knew Id fuck something up. Shit Cry Noo My Mistake
08-09-2003 03:36
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Drum-n-bass massive » I am moving to Belgium