drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Drugs and Bass
Go to the bottom of this page Drugs and Bass
Author
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

i smoke teh pot .. but only in moderation if im writing something other than drums.. i can write drums stoned no problem. . its when i start messing around with filters and things like that. that it fucks me up ...

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
03-11-2005 03:08 Homepage of Arkitekt
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

i agree with surora, on the basis that getting intoxicated with anything but inspiration and creativity while producing is retarded, and will only waste your time and resources.
03-11-2005 03:09
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

I used to smoke too much. About an eigth a day at least. And it isnt really too much of a problem but it doesnt help. I always used to find myself thinking, "Ill do this bit and then Ill have a spliff" and it used to end up that Id be smoking a J every half hour, which just slows the whole process down. I dont smoke at all know and havent for about a year. It was weird after giving up beacause Id been smoking since before I was into production an writting music, Id never really written anything without being stoned! For the first few weeks I just felt uninspired and clueless, but know, with the clarity of thought that sobernes brings, the ideas I have are much easier to realise and there isnt the distraction of wanting a joint anymore. As far as trying to write music on any drug goes, its a waste of time, pot you can get away with but that is it. Ive tried most things and tried writting music on most of them too, and its always ends up sounding stupid. But although I dont do that stuff anymore, I can still remember what it feels like to be tripping my balls of, and I go from there. I try to make the sounds that would really fuck me over, make me gurn, or just screw with my head.
@ emmetje, Ive seen those spider webs too, and if I remember right, the really messed up one was from caffine, Weird.

I heard about another experiment done with mice. 2 mice were put in seperate cages. One had water to drink and a lump of Skag, the other had water to drink and a lump of crack. Each mouse would nibble some of the drug and then pass out. The difference, however, was that the mouse taking the skag, after waking, would drink a little water and the nibble away again. But the mouse with the crack would go straight for the crack and eventually died of thirst. Fucked up isnt it!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TechDiff: 03-11-2005 04:07.

03-11-2005 04:05
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
sober...drugs are bad man...

I hear ya man, guess why I'm only stoned about 4 times a year Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

03-11-2005 08:21 Homepage of Surya
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

fiew ... i think i gonna stay sober too for a while
03-11-2005 09:32
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Conz, conz, conz and more conz for me,...but i got to admit Techdiff is spot on about "I'll just do this bit then have a spliff",..story of me life,..cheers..

__
Space
03-11-2005 15:39
dYzeaZe dYzeaZe is a male
Blighted Mind

images/avatars/avatar-1694.gif

Registration Date: 25-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

I dunno why but I'm drinking LOADS of tea whilst composing or just sitting in front of the monitor.
Lipton seems to be my drug lol

__
Right now I'm in the process of making up a good sig.
03-11-2005 17:47
Steyaert Steyaert is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1274.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

found those spider webs

http://www.cannabis.net/weblife.html

cheers

__
Steyaert a.k.a. Rupzzz
- dnb is all about intelligence... intelligence to seek out the music... go beyond the flow - as said by Invent
03-11-2005 18:26 Homepage of Steyaert
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

cool site steyaert , they've got some good and funny pics inthere.
Spliff
04-11-2005 18:15
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

web of a sober spider

a fresh, natural "bromvlieg"

web of a stoned spider

hasj

web of a trippin spider

LSD

web of another kind of trippin spider

mescaline

web of a boosted spider

cola, coffee, red bull or even tea

where the bottle of pepsi? i feel like getting wasted.. Booze

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
04-11-2005 19:52 Homepage of Friscko
VonCreme VonCreme is a male

Registration Date: 23-10-2005

Im only 13 an Im listenin to all of you laughin. Yea ive hit the joint a few, but to combine it with Drum and Bass? Aghhh thats just like makin it with a blindfold. I say: your more focused when your clean. Man I agree that its damn cool to try to make shit and it sounds cool. But when you come back to it later on, ita just pure crap.

__
ENTER THE Darkside Drum and Bass
04-11-2005 21:35 Homepage of VonCreme
sssonarrr sssonarrr is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1223.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

but then again, listen to productions like techdiff's epiphany (MijorMaimerMix) when you just smoked a joint, damn man, those are good times Tongue Spliff Listen Gaga Banana Banana Banana Banana

__
Bigup laborecordings
04-11-2005 21:50 Homepage of sssonarrr
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

The last few weeks I'm smoking more weed again!!
especially for them partiez and home with some friends

eee basshead!!! Evil Big Grin
haha...damn your weed that time! Wink

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
05-11-2005 15:32
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
Originally posted by sssonarrr
but then again, listen to productions like techdiff's epiphany (MijorMaimerMix) when you just smoked a joint, damn man, those are good times Tongue Spliff Listen Gaga Banana Banana Banana Banana

Cheers dude. Never really thought about it, but I guess it is quite a mong out tune, at least for the first part anyway. Strange though because I wrote it long after giving up weed and everything else.

I agree and dis-agree with what Voncreme is saying. I think he's right to say that Listening back to something you wrote while stoned is always a painful experiance. I also agree that listening to music stoned isnt necisarily the best way to appreciate it. But on the other hand I think it depends on the type of music. Some music is written specificaly for people on drugs. DnB is often aimed at people on Pills, as are many other types of dance music, its part of the culture. Psy-trance (shudder) is aimed at people on Acid and Ketamine. (which I wouldnt recomend to my worst enemy, that goes for psy-trance aswell! ) I guess that being stoned is probably the best drug for listening intently to music. If you closes you eyes you can really get involved in the music but, for me at least, sobriety is the only option for writting music.
06-11-2005 02:38
Cridian Cridian is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1224.gif

Registration Date: 19-09-2005

I smoke J's at parties, after school...too much actualy but sometimes I don't smoke anything for a week just to not get addicted... normaly I'm not high when spinnin' records...though, it could happen Big Grin

__

06-11-2005 13:47 Homepage of Cridian
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

i'm like getting used to the green , maybe i should ...naah i'll just smoke some more Spliff
06-11-2005 14:14
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

right on! (of, tzalwel!)

__
Steyaert a.k.a. Rupzzz
- dnb is all about intelligence... intelligence to seek out the music... go beyond the flow - as said by Invent
06-11-2005 15:58 Homepage of Steyaert
Cridian Cridian is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1224.gif

Registration Date: 19-09-2005

quote:
Originally posted by greyone
i'm like getting used to the green , maybe i should ...naah i'll just smoke some more Spliff

same problem, this vacation I'va smoked 5 joints a day minimum en the last 3 days I didn't get stoned Big Grin very bescheten Tongue

__

06-11-2005 18:08 Homepage of Cridian
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Cridian
... very bescheten Tongue ...

kpijswel
have had the same problem for 'bout 2years now. as long as you can crouch-jump up like 30 times without fainting, you're allright. Wink

__
Steyaert a.k.a. Rupzzz
06-11-2005 19:37 Homepage of Steyaert
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by Cridian
quote:
Originally posted by greyone

same problem, this vacation I'va smoked 5 joints a day minimum en the last 3 days I didn't get stoned Big Grin very bescheten Tongue

Roll Eyes keep j's for special occasions, it makes em even more fun..
If u smoke everyday, it gets normal, it gets a habit and u cant really enjoy it anymore
compare it to chocolate. You dont eat it everyday (or at least u shouldnt), but if u eat it, it's like nutrition heaven

imo...
quote:
Originally posted by dYzeaZe
I dunno why but I'm drinking LOADS of tea whilst composing or just sitting in front of the monitor.
Lipton seems to be my drug lol

wooot, another cafeine addict, i'm not the only one Big Grin

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 06-11-2005 20:12.

06-11-2005 20:09 Homepage of Friscko
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Drugs and Bass