drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » hwo to make a DnB pattern ?
Go to the bottom of this page hwo to make a DnB pattern ?
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Well we're here to help, that's the idea Wink

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
28-10-2005 03:30 Homepage of thechronic
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

best int he world

is kicks, than snaes, with some quick tapa tapas, and than a kick ad another snare, all with a swing

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

01-11-2005 07:46 Homepage of Halph-Price
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
if you're too lazy to figure out how to pattern your beats by yourself, or at least listen to some tunes and do it by ear before going out and just asking people, please don't produce music for us. i just got to say this. it's not a hard thing, and a crucial part of developing your own personal style.

very true. it's the reason I never understood questions like 'how to program my beats'.. I could say: set bpm to 170, put a kick sample on the first tick and just LISTEN to it. all the rest will come by itself..

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
01-11-2005 10:09 Homepage of cynik
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
if you're too lazy to figure out how to pattern your beats by yourself, or at least listen to some tunes and do it by ear before going out and just asking people, please don't produce music for us. i just got to say this. it's not a hard thing, and a crucial part of developing your own personal style.

very true. it's the reason I never understood questions like 'how to program my beats'.. I could say: set bpm to 170, put a kick sample on the first tick and just LISTEN to it. all the rest will come by itself..

Still, my first attemp ever was a pattern filled up with every tick playin a sample. I think I put more than 6 kicks in there and at least as many snares Big Grin

at 140

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
01-11-2005 13:23 Homepage of Friscko
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
Still, my first attemp ever was a pattern filled up with every tick playin a sample. I think I put more than 6 kicks in there and at least as many snares Big Grin

at 140

yeah, I know, everyone was clueless at start.. I am now far from satisfied with my works at times too... trial and error - the only way

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
01-11-2005 13:38 Homepage of cynik
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:
Originally posted by Friscko

at 140

yeah, I know, everyone was clueless at start.. I am now far from satisfied with my works at times too... trial and error - the only way

then i found an amen Tongue

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
01-11-2005 14:20 Homepage of Friscko
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

yeh , n that firefight helped me alot too.
01-11-2005 14:29
stateofpsychosis

Registration Date: 13-01-2012

@Darkside

I agree that no one should copy patterns,
but there is absolutely nothing wrong with checking out what other people are doing for reference.

I have over almost 15 years of jazz/classical theory behind me and a music technology degree (finished at the top of my class to)
and I still check this kind of stuff out to expand my style.

I'll never copy anything, but there's nothing wrong with writing new beats with ideas you get from others as long as you're not copying.

Anyways,
all of you guys need to upgrade to professional software.
You can't be using fruity loops if you want to get anywhere.

get either reason or pro-tools.

Pro tools is more for people who really know every aspect of mixing/recording and want full control while not minding it being over-complicated.
If you want the very best and don't mind it being extremely hard to learn
then pick up an Mbox (it comes with pro tools)

Just make sure that you get a version of pro tools/the version of mbox that is compatible with your version of mac osx if you're using mac
because it does not work at all with the wrong version.
I also don't suggest using a PC for this software as you will run into a million and one problems.

Also, don't ever upgrade your operating system or pro tools if it already works.
(even if it doesn't work, upgrading you OS is almost always one of the worst things you can possibly do)

Another suggestion:
I personally find that if you cut, edit and TCM (time compression expansion) the drum and kick out of a drum loop of real drums and then build the rest of the beat around it, you'll have a way better sound. (make sure that it's a loop out of your pro tools software and not one you've downloaded or else you probably won't be able to publish it) (royalty free isn't always really royalty free) (I stay away from them altogether)

I don't have a good example of this right now seeing as I'm making techno-gothica for a music library now which usually only requires a basic beat seeing as I use non-drum synths to make up most of the beat in this style. It's more like classical music made from synths than a beat. To each their own right.

Anyways,
good luck everyone.
Again, upgrade your mixing software.
You won't regret it.
13-01-2012 20:10
stateofpsychosis

Registration Date: 13-01-2012

Oh yea,

I forgot.

Don't ever buy an Mbox used either, because they come with licenses and the person selling it to you probably won't include them all.
You need everyone of them too.

you can't steal these either, because it works on an ilok system.
(not that you should ever steal anything to do with mixing seeing as you're trying to sell your beats)
13-01-2012 20:29
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » hwo to make a DnB pattern ?