drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Isnt it funny...
Go to the bottom of this page Isnt it funny...
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 16-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.67

One of the reasons why people big up 'artists with status' is because they wanna kiss the bootie
oooh your tunes really good mr artist - kiss kiss kiss. so they can ride on the artists sucess.

Not takin nuthin away from good artists but it does go on IMO
Take dj's for example if they like the sound of a certain label they will big up all the producers
an eveyone else associated with the label on air in the hope that the label will carry their sore arse!

At the end of the day my advice is: Make your'own noise, keep bangin out those tunes and f..k
the script.
I spent 2 months puttin my last tune together, I stuck it up here and peeps moodied it off
untold people downloaded it but did anyone review it as it stood?

All I got was a couple of half- hearted stabbs at a decent review - for what?
comments like : the drums r a bit low key. or not doing any thing new?
Who said I was tryin to break- ground anyway?

No the trouble with human nature on the whole, it likes to kiss bum, back the favourites,
But remember, the favuorites don't last 4ever, them ranked outsiders are hungry
and will come from nowhere to the top in no time.

I back the outsiders. cos they'll be lookin down on them favourites as they pass them on the way
up and remember what they did for us little guys when we were at the bottom !!

Later

__
dubcupboard
10-10-2005 22:38 Homepage of dubcupboard
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

I think that when writing a reveiw, it is important to take into consideration just how long theyve been making tunes. It is unfair to compare the tune against anything else because if theyd only been producing for a few months, it is understandable if it doesnt sound professional. Sure you should give some constructive critisism but be fair and appreciative of experiance when you do. There is no point going into the finer points of eqing and compression because it takes a while to appeciate quite what the effects are actually doing. Think back to the first time you compressed drums and it actually clicked "Ahh Hahh, Thats what compresion does!". I bet it was a long time after you started producing.
After all, you dont want to scare someone away from producing tunes, but encourage them to keep making them. I think one of my favourite artists on this site is Baz. I still think he has a way to go yet. But his rate of improvment is amazing and judging by the number of tunes he posts, he is obviously very passionate and motivated about making tunes, prehaps the most important thing and something that should be applauded!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TechDiff: 11-10-2005 16:29.

11-10-2005 16:29
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

all that matters is the truth , but the truth we give should be more... i dunno ... easier to take for beginners .

Like when i joint ( Spliff ) this site , i got those words like : "high end" , " Low end" , "compress" ...
'The hell did i know... but i learned n stuff and i apreciated good/bad comments cause that what's makin' yo new material.

You just hope your new track will atract people , no matter what style you have.

So to complete this miserable text in a few words:

"Be honest and tell how to improve"

...and they will , if they take care about it.
11-10-2005 18:12
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Honesty is the best policy, but you have to be delecate and explanitary.
I hate pointless flaming.
11-10-2005 18:24
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

so and .. i had to thake those shit too;
i'll just want to add that threre too much producers , and too less reviews;
i shluould re iew more too i kno.
11-10-2005 19:28
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Isnt it funny...