drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio 6
Go to the bottom of this page FL Studio 6
Author
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by reckon
quote:
Originally posted by Surora23

thats kind of the idea...
Cubase is ran the same way only you have to use baterry...so tell me? whats so bad about the loop based? nothign...nothing at all...

Linear is whats a pain in the ass...of course you have a tad more controll

lol man you have no idea!

Battery is just a drum sampler and has no effect on how you sequence... its only if you use it in fruity you have to sequence it the loop based way.. you should at least try cubase and then you will know what your talking about

If you use battery in cubase or other normal sequencers then each drum loop is unique. if you tried to do this in fuity you would have a massive midi sequence or 100's of patterns! I used to get to about 80 patterns in fruity and be like fuck this is stupid!

Yeah its slightly harder to program it initialy but your tune never gets too complicated wich is what happens in fruity.. so its easier in the long run Wink

its only that way if you make it that way...but even so, you should almost have that many channels being used in cubase...think about waht goes into signed productions...

if you dont have that many you have a very minimal track...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

08-10-2005 03:49
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

nah... you only need one channel for your drums when your sequencing in cubase! you would have way more coming out of battery into the mixer... but you only need one for the sequencing bit, even if you have battery full of samples! i useally have a different channel for the different layers of breaks just to make it a bit clearer.. prob 3-4 max!

i doubt you would ever have more than 30 channels... not sure how many other ppl have though? plus you can easily resize the channel so its out of the way

man i am loving cubase now and couldnt imagine still working with FL... so good to be able to change a midi sequence and not have to worry how its gona effect other bit in the tune where the pattern is like in fruity... not to mention the amazing sample edditing capabilities and mixer! and it just looks way more pro Tongue

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
08-10-2005 04:12 Homepage of wreakon
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Humpf* Huh
I haven't figured n°5 out yet !!!
Wait for meeee!!!

__

08-10-2005 10:55 Homepage of Rude
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by marine289
Looks sweet!
When will it be released? Big Grin

they havent set a release date yet..

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
08-10-2005 12:42 Homepage of Friscko
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

If you want endless drum complexity you can for example use the FPC plugin, combined with the Piano roll. The same as if you would work with e.g. cubase and battery. In the playlist you can add long audio clips as if you would do in cubase. It is a different way of working, but you can achieve the same results if you want to.

The mixer in FL has a 3 band parametric eq on each channel as standard, most other sequencer's I've seen only have graphic EQ.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
08-10-2005 20:17 Homepage of djfreemc
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by reckon
nah... you only need one channel for your drums when your sequencing in cubase! you would have way more coming out of battery into the mixer... but you only need one for the sequencing bit, even if you have battery full of samples! i useally have a different channel for the different layers of breaks just to make it a bit clearer.. prob 3-4 max!

i doubt you would ever have more than 30 channels... not sure how many other ppl have though? plus you can easily resize the channel so its out of the way

man i am loving cubase now and couldnt imagine still working with FL... so good to be able to change a midi sequence and not have to worry how its gona effect other bit in the tune where the pattern is like in fruity... not to mention the amazing sample edditing capabilities and mixer! and it just looks way more pro Tongue

who gives a shit about looks...reason looks liek a toy too...?? and fl has been stated to be better than reason, and people throw their hands up in the air about reason as well...so i guess tis all personal preference...

But FL is a serious sequencer...the only reason why people dont like it is because of a bias opinion, because of name, and looks...whcih is fucking stupid...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

08-10-2005 21:06
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
But FL is a serious sequencer...the only reason why people dont like it is because of a bias opinion, because of name, and looks...whcih is fucking stupid...

The name sux ass hard. But the looks are ok because they look good and are usable, have good UI.. effective work.
For example, I had some VERY bad time while I tried to learn Reason because it is a total mess! And that stupid "realistic rack" visuals... Confused

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
09-10-2005 02:50 Homepage of Muad'Dib
CharlieVanPelt CharlieVanPelt is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-95.gif

Registration Date: 18-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

It feels as if I just bought version five yesterday. Bring on the sixth coming! Bigup

__
My music page

Latest track: Bad All Day
09-10-2005 04:05 Homepage of CharlieVanPelt
anf0 D anf0 D is a male
CXNT

images/avatars/avatar-1601.jpg

Registration Date: 31-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
16 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

fine....

delete my opinion because i dont like FL...

its fukn FL anyhoo. fkn shit

__
[R] CentaSpike :: Tracks
10-10-2005 03:52 Homepage of anf0 D
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

quote:
Originally posted by anf0 D
fine....

you too Confused had the same thing happen to me ...

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
10-10-2005 04:10 Homepage of Arkitekt
anf0 D anf0 D is a male
CXNT

images/avatars/avatar-1601.jpg

Registration Date: 31-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
16 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

yeah it happens alot around this forum community...

someone doesnt like something... they delete it.

bitch attitude i think Smile

__
[R] CentaSpike :: Tracks
10-10-2005 04:58 Homepage of anf0 D
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
For example, I had some VERY bad time while I tried to learn Reason because it is a total mess! And that stupid "realistic rack" visuals... Confused

those looks aren't for show-off you know..in fact theyre very useful as many users confirm.. I myself couldnt think working without the cables on the rear, as you press the "tab" key.. yeah some may think theyre animated for show off purposes, but with such a system its very easy to route devices, make effects chaining etc..

reason's visuals are optimized in a way that they NEVER utilize processor usage that would go for audio Bigup

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
10-10-2005 10:36 Homepage of cynik
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
Originally posted by Arkitekt
quote:
fine....

???
As long as there isn't any serious flaming, disrespect,... there is absolutely no reason for mod's to delete posts.
Didn't watch the topic, so i wouldn't know if there was any sort of flaming. My guess is it became a bit off-topic? and that's why someone here deleted it? Dunno...

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
10-10-2005 10:57 Homepage of Soi
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

quote:
Originally posted by Soi
quote:
Originally posted by Arkitekt
quote:
fine....

???
As long as there isn't any serious flaming, disrespect,... there is absolutely no reason for mod's to delete posts.
Didn't watch the topic, so i wouldn't know if there was any sort of flaming. My guess is it became a bit off-topic? and that's why someone here deleted it? Dunno...

nah voiced my opinion on ppl arguin like little minded ppl while also commenting on how ill try this when it comes out ...

guess someone up there didnt like me commenting on everyones attitude....

personally i could give a fuck less really...

as to this

@Cynik ... thats one of the best things about Reason is the ability to route the cabling how you like it ... allows you to really take control of whats going where ... and doing what ...

ez

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
10-10-2005 19:33 Homepage of Arkitekt
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

yeah you cant do that without animated cables lol

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
11-10-2005 00:53 Homepage of wreakon
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

What is the point of this arguing?
Fot people who use Fruity then this is for they're intest, For people who dont, why bother posting at all. Im sick of the debate on whether Fruity is better than Reason or Visa-Versa. It SHOULD come down to the quality of musicianship, not the fucking software used. Its like the old bad workman proverb. In reality, a good tune is a good tune, regardless of what software has been used. The only factor is how easy to use YOU PERSONALY find the program.
If your gonna start showing off about Reasons patching capability then you should probably check out Reaktor first, or even Logic! And before you start slagging off Pattern based sequencing, remember the good old TB303!!
In my experiance, people slate something when they dont understand it, its a natural defense mechanism. Its the same for art, music, and literature. More often than not, if you spent the time to actually try and understand something, you'd figure out that it isnt all that bad. I used to take the piss out of reason till I tried it. Its good, but I find it easier to work in Fruity Loops.
The point is to try, Why limit yourself creatively simply because you've heard that something isnt as good as something else. It takes away the point of free thinking and the ability to make your own decisions.
For all you know, the perfect program for you could be something youve never even heard of?
After a breif chat with Aphex Twin last year, Some friends and I discovered that he has used and released stuff he made on Music 2000 on the playstation2, but regardless of the programs he used, the musicianship shines through.
11-10-2005 16:08
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

dude youre talking shit, take a deep breath and calm down.
nobody is arguing here..

I use Reason but if Fruity Loops advances or changes enough or adds some incredibly cool new capatibilities and features i might switch over to it. or use both!

so, then, what are the new features, if there are any significant?

__
11-10-2005 17:02 Homepage of cynik
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

WARNING: the neutrality of this thread is disputed.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
11-10-2005 17:12 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
dude youre talking shit, take a deep breath and calm down.

he's not. It's not about what program u use and how much money it costs, it's about what u can do with it

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
11-10-2005 17:30 Homepage of Friscko
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

yes he did. there was no argument nor it should be. we are all tired of it, yet he's the one eho brings it back.

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
If your gonna start showing off about Reasons patching capability

nobody is showing off anything either. it's exactly as you said further in your post

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
Its good, but I find it easier to work in Fruity Loops.

instead "Fruity Loops" put any program you like. talk about it, its not showing off. if it makes sense to me, Ill try it. thats what its all about : sharing experiences. so cut the crap please

__
11-10-2005 18:42 Homepage of cynik
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
Thread is closed
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio 6