Go to the bottom of this page breakcore
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

I don't know much about breakcore.
the only things i know is Venetian Snares , doormouse and Aphex Twins.
Can anyone tell me what elements it usualy contains (BPM , structure , karakteristics,....)
Well what i wanted to ask you is :

I'm bussy with a breakcore track (i guess it's breakcore) , and i want to know what should be in (insanely madness or structurised heavy pumping shit?)
Should i really go mad in it and distort everything and so ..?

help apreciated fellows.
02-10-2005 22:33
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by greyone
Can anyone tell me what elements it usualy contains (BPM , structure , karakteristics,....)

what i know (Shitmat) is:
distorted 909's with a filtersweep @ say 220 bpm, with some noise (pwwwaaaaiiaaiaiaiaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii) and nuttahchopped amens.
And structure? havent heard any Big Grin
been doing some stuff like it too, i did put in a lil bit of structure and used a more 'human' bpm Big Grin

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
02-10-2005 22:48 Homepage of Friscko
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

you and your 'distorted 909's' Big Grin lol
I'm pretty good in making distorted basskicks (i used to make hardcore *Bam bam bam bam bam Reece...*)
I set the tempo at 180 but i'll do it a 185 or 190 to make it (as u said) more human.
I'd love to post it when it's finished. Tongue
02-10-2005 23:19
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

and he has got some dancehall-vocals on it too (and they go about pussy Big Grin )
or some beatboxinstuff, but i think he cut some stuff uot of a regular spoken sentence to get it, cus it goes 'raeinteng tim dam tikkelik tim dam' not exactly sound accurate rahzel-beatboxin Wink

__

03-10-2005 17:13 Homepage of Friscko
Propulstionist

Registration Date: 28-10-2005

set the tempo way higher than that....

ussually around 400 or higher so u can get the nice snare rolls and tweaked effects if u need to
05-11-2005 09:09
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

pitch changes where the shit is chopped!!!!!
new skool breakcore Big Grin

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
05-11-2005 11:13 Homepage of baz
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Propulstionist
set the tempo way higher than that....

ussually around 400 or higher so u can get the nice snare rolls and tweaked effects if u need to

just use smaller slices, i can make the snare rolls even at 170 with fruity slicer

__

05-11-2005 13:48 Homepage of Friscko
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Yeah, It just depends on the way youre doing it. I find that a BPM of around 200 and the fruity slicer snap point in the piano roll at 1/4 for buzzes or 1/2 for the rolls is more than enough.
I dont think venetian snares ever goes much faster than 210/200. Most of his stuff is pretty much bang on 200. Theres a few other things that people have mentiond which are good points. Pitching on the drum edits always works a treat (but careful not to get too old school jungle with it) and the distorted 909,s goes without saying, although, rather than using distortion, use bit reduction. As it works a lot better and sounds a lot dirtier. Although, you often get run over from using Bit crushers so the best way of doing it is to make a sample of the kick rather than using the effect in you sampler. This way you can make much faster drills without getting messy. I think it also works well if you use several different breaks and feed them all through the same compressor and EQ in order for them to sound knitted together more. Also try using granulizers as these allow you to do allsorts with your drums. Try taking a few snare drum hits out of the breaks your using and mess around with the controls, if youve got FL the hold button is really cool too. If you get the chance check out my tune "1000 reasons to say Amen" . Its far from finished but a most of the drums are done with a granulizer and comb filter in Reaktor. Finally, I think you just have to experiment and make as many rotton sounds as you can, go as crazy with the drums as you can, and dont be afraid to really mangle stuff up.
I wouldnt really call Aphex Twin Breakcore, but he's done a few tracks which are close. if you get the chance, check out his "Mangle #11" or even "smoj-Phace" as theyre both wicked tunes. Also check out Venetian Snares "Dance like your selling nails" "herbie goes Balistic" and "Cobra Comander". And if your feeling really brave (and can find any) 20 knives is worth a listen too. Good luck!
06-11-2005 02:59
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » breakcore