drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » FL Loop Points
Go to the bottom of this page FL Loop Points
Author
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Ok, now N-joy all Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
03-10-2005 18:21 Homepage of Muad'Dib
OgO OgO is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1701.jpg

Registration Date: 04-11-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Try SoundForge for creating loops, the loop points are matter of sense of hearing. It's not so complicated, but it needs a little work on tha sound prepearing for loop. Try looping the sound by sticking the first 0 and the last 0, or zero crossing process. This is general help.

__
OgO has been banned from the site. Read this thread for the reasons.
05-11-2005 20:43
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

Is Audacity capable of making loop points? Confused

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
05-11-2005 20:45 Homepage of Friscko
Hidden identity Hidden identity is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 17-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.21

about loop points and crossfade.

if im right, abelton live had the best crossfade control id ever seen,
because couldnt you choose the length and position of the start and end postion of the crossfade?
(but thats a guess cause id only skimmed through it)

next, loop points make a click sound if you use em wrong.
on a wave editor you see the wave shape, the sound wave.
i like to place the loop points at postions in the wave shape that are each at the same postion.
the place that the loop starts and ends should preferably be in the center of the max and minimum wave shape, but it can be anywere as long as it is the same at both sides.
^
when doing this, it is impossable to do (without a clic per loop rep) on a stereo sample unless both the left and right stereo channels are looped at exact start and end points of the wave shape.
changing volume shame in a gradual shape, on a very presise and small level infront and behind a stereo wave shape, the loop points infront and behind of the stereo channels will each not click and be centered.

this high pitched and quiet click does not even get noticed by the human ear if the sample has alot of high frequencies the way that a high hat does, so loop points clicking wont be noticed on high pitched and noise like wave shapes.

granualizers (imo) are better for drastic sound modification and special effects then the elongation of a sample or sound naturaly.
reverb (if set up right) or maybe the same sample in an SIR vst would probably boost your sample leingth in a new and smoother fassion then a granualizer in some cases.

i think that using cue points as loop points should be industrial standard,
and the FL loop point information doesnt always get saved in all wave editors, or especialy not when you change a sound file's format,
yet ive seen cue points survive format changes before!
it also depends on what kind of wave editor you have.

aulternatively, for simpler sounds, zoom in on the wave shape, then try to re-create it inside an advanced FM synthesizer if you can...
you can load wave shapes into good FM synths,
then add other effects that the previoud synth sample may of had,
yet have note duration under your complete control.

need any help with anything else?
send PM if you want me to put hours of my time into researching it for you instead of you learning it yourself.

and why is my helpfulness rateing so low?... i dont like that.

__
I'm trying to unfuck my sig.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hidden identity: 05-11-2005 22:18.

05-11-2005 22:12
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » FL Loop Points