drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » FL Loop Points
Go to the bottom of this page FL Loop Points
Author
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

In FL some of the samples delivered with it (like most of the strings for example), have got 'loop points', so if u play em with the fruity sampler they get the audio between the loop points looped for the length of the note u play.
This makes it possible to f.e. put a 1 second string sample into a minute long string sound.

Now:
Can u give samples u collected somewhere (so non-standard fl-samples) loop points? and how?

I'd find it very handy as a low(er)-cpu solution to loop reece samples than using the fruity granulizer, like i do now..

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
01-10-2005 19:57 Homepage of Friscko
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

good point Friscko , but i tried it to and failed .
the only possible thing is to find good string / reece samples.
granulizer goes for reeces but not for strings cause then they sound too raw.
so... no loop points can be added ( i guess )
01-10-2005 20:07
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

dunno i'd guess i'd be very stupid from the makers of FL to put that function in it, but make it only usable for the inside-fl stringsamples Confused

and btw even granulizer aint a perfect solution for reeces, it makes em sound a lil stuttery if u loop em, or you've got to be twisting the knobs for an hour to make em sound good

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 01-10-2005 20:11.

01-10-2005 20:09 Homepage of Friscko
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Loop points can be added:

render a pattern, say, and when you render it (in wav only, I think) you can select "save acidised". This will put loop points. I experimented with that before, don't remember quite now...

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
01-10-2005 20:14 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
Loop points can be added:

render a pattern, say, and when you render it (in wav only, I think) you can select "save acidised". This will put loop points. I experimented with that before, don't remember quite now...

Huh
but how can it let ur sample to be looped in the part u want it to be looped then?

edit: just tried it, and i dint get loop points in the new sample..could be me still using the 3.56...

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 01-10-2005 20:21.

01-10-2005 20:17 Homepage of Friscko
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

Here, I found it.

You know about the integrated sound editor, right?
Say, you put a sample like a channel. Click that button and you open the channel properties sub-window, with the sample shape at the bottom.

Right click the sound shape, and click edit or click Ctrl + E.

When the sound editor opens, you will have your sample and two handles at the leftiest and rightiest corners. These are the loop handles. Set where you want your loop to begin and end. Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
01-10-2005 20:25 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

ah found it it's in the beatcreatorthing which is related to the slicer..and i havent got a full version of that, so i cant export .wav's with loop points from there..

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 01-10-2005 23:40.

01-10-2005 20:30 Homepage of Friscko
wreakon wreakon is a male
evol genius

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

i use sony sound forge to add loop points.. couldnt get it working in cool edit Smile

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

The Patch lab - Download free vst patches, banks and kits

mylamespace
02-10-2005 02:05 Homepage of wreakon
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

I just cut my samples like I want em, does the trick usually..

__

02-10-2005 02:39 Homepage of Emblem-X
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

sound forge lets you put in release points too so you can play one section of the sample while its looping and another on the release. But its doent seem to use the release points in kontact but other samplers might Confused

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace
02-10-2005 02:52 Homepage of wreakon
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
In FL some of the samples delivered with it (like most of the strings for example), have got 'loop points', so if u play em with the fruity sampler they get the audio between the loop points looped for the length of the note u play.
This makes it possible to f.e. put a 1 second string sample into a minute long string sound.

Now:
Can u give samples u collected somewhere (so non-standard fl-samples) loop points? and how?

I'd find it very handy as a low(er)-cpu solution to loop reece samples than using the fruity granulizer, like i do now..

yes doesnt matter what...there is a lil knob next to the in and out, turn it up and it creates where the loop point you want it to be...whether it be from the begining again or the middle...

Its in teh file settings next to pogo..its CRF...and you can do this on any wav and in fl5 any mp3 file as well...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Surora23: 02-10-2005 03:33.

02-10-2005 03:30

Helpfulness rating: 

this is a standard fruity sample setting feature...its been in it since fl3... soooooo this is quite weird that most of you guys havent noticed this feature yet....

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

02-10-2005 03:32

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

the granualizers suck balls and sound liek shit...dont use it...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

02-10-2005 03:36
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
quote:

the one in absynth is wicked for atmospheres! Prob just the FL one that sucks

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace
02-10-2005 03:41 Homepage of wreakon
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

It is great for voice, as far I am concerned....

__

-Bene Gesserit
02-10-2005 04:18 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

the one in absynth is granular synthesis, a lil different.
02-10-2005 14:25
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
this is a standard fruity sample setting feature...its been in it since fl3... soooooo this is quite weird that most of you guys havent noticed this feature yet....

That's not exactly setting loop points, but a crossfade (CRF) function. The outer parts are then crossfaded. If you use it with atmospheric samples it works quiet well, but it's a no go on drumlines and drumsamples.

The way to work is indeed to load it in a sampler channel, open the channel settings, click the waveform and choose edit, then set the loop points as you want them and don't forget to save. I'm not sure if that function is allready there in version3.5 though.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
02-10-2005 19:24 Homepage of djfreemc
evol genius

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
quote:

That's not exactly setting loop points, but a crossfade (CRF) function. The outer parts are then crossfaded. If you use it with atmospheric samples it works quiet well, but it's a no go on drumlines and drumsamples.

The way to work is indeed to load it in a sampler channel, open the channel settings, click the waveform and choose edit, then set the loop points as you want them and don't forget to save. I'm not sure if that function is allready there in version3.5 though.

lol surora talking shit again Tongue

__
{{{d-_-b}}}

mylamespace
03-10-2005 01:07 Homepage of wreakon
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

quote:
Originally posted by reckon
quote:
quote:

lol surora talking shit again Tongue

Big Grin lol
03-10-2005 01:21

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

no loopin is exactly what its doimg...if you create a drumloop. render the wav, and import the wav as a solid drumloop, you can add the same efect, ad paint and entire drum loop over and over again, and then repaint in the master channel...

and as far as talking shit, os far him and i have been the only ones to answer this question, so i tink its been imformative, not talking shit...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

03-10-2005 14:34
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » FL Loop Points