drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Just startin' upgrades, need some input...
Go to the bottom of this page Just startin' upgrades, need some input...
Author
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

well, decided to quit screwin' around and start building my dream machine, lol, well, not really the dream machine, but ditching the one i got and building my own system. so to start with, i bought this case. haven't got it yet as i just ordered it a few hours prior to writing this post, but anyone know anything about the quality of Aspire cases? This thing looked soo cool I couldn't pass it up and it seems to have alot of room to grow.

Here's the details on features...

Model
Brand ASPIRE
Series X-Infinity
Model ATXB6KLW-BK/420
Spec
Type ATX Mid Tower
Color Black
Case Material Steel
Power Supply ATX 420W power supply for AMD/Intel
Motherboard Compatibility Standard ATX / Baby AT / Micro ATX
With Side Panel Window Yes
Expansion
External 5.25" Drive Bays 4
External 3.5" Drive Bays 2
Internal 3.5" Drive Bays 5
Expansion Slots 7
Front Ports
Front Ports 2 x USB2.0, 2 x Audio (on top panel)
Cooling System
80mm Fans 1 x 80mm UV blue LED fan - top (included) w/ fan grill
1 x 80mm UV blue LED fan - side (included) w/ fan grill
Side Air duct No
Physical Spec
Dimensions 18.7" x 7.8" X 16.8" (DxWxH)
Features
Features LCD Temperature Readout

Well, just wondering if anyone has an Aspire case and what kinda experience they've had with it. I've sifted through all the reviews on this case and there seemed to be a hell of alot more good reviews than bad, tho most people have complained about defective power supplies and power supplies dying out in the first month or so of having it. I wanted to keep the power supply up over 400W tho as I'm looking to try and squueze a GeForce 6800 in it and I heard from different sources that they require at least 400W to function as the power supply has to have a direct connection to the video card. Well, I should be getting this case this week and just wonderin' what I'm in for. Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
21-09-2005 02:09
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

yeah i dont know much about cases, but it looks cool as fuck.... wish i had the money to ditch this comp and build my own, lol

maybe one day i can have a cool blue case too

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
21-09-2005 03:50 Homepage of Arkitekt
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I say: buy yourself an isolated case to get an extra quiet PC. Offcourse your power supply and CPU fan should be silent too.

By the way: real cool guys make the windows in their case themselves Wink

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

21-09-2005 07:07 Homepage of Surya
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1473.jpg

Registration Date: 27-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

good points surya..

yeah i wilsh i had the money to build my deam comp 2. but u kno how things are

and by the way that case looks fukin sick man....

PEACE from the pea
21-09-2005 10:20
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

[casemod forum mode] Dude that is sooooo premod!!! [\casemod forum mode]

The case looks nice if you like it that way (I'm not a BMW fan, so I would never buy a case like that).

Now how about the more important parts of your system? CPU, motherboard, memory, graphic card, soundcard?

Im also looking for a new system, this is what I would buy for the moment:

- Athlon 64XP 3500 or 3800
- Arctic freezer 64 for decent & quiet cooling
- MSI neo4 F or neo4 platinum (No SLI since I'm no hardcore gamer)
- Zalman NB47 for northbridge cooling
- memory: certainly 1GB, don't know what type or brand yet
- Gigabyte 6600GT with passive cooling
- gonna keep my audigy 2 platinum for now
- 250GB sata HD
If it would be necesary, a nexus or enermax powersupply

I'm busy modding my case, so i'll keep that too.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 21-09-2005 12:16.

21-09-2005 12:15 Homepage of djfreemc
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

My 100% self modded case: http://www.crazymodders.be/index.php?p=7&case=28

Nothing spectacular.

Specs have changed though
- Athlon 64 3000+
- 1GB Kingston RAM
- 300 GB HDD
- Pioneer 16x DVDrom
- Plextor PX-740A DVD burner
- Casemasters silent PSU 400W
- Zalman 12cm silent cooler
- ATI Radeon 9550 (I'm no gamer)
- Still a Sound Blaster Live! Platinum, but my M-Audio Delta 1010LT is ordered Big Grin

Next thing: sound isolated case, I don't care for stupid wondows that reveal the insides!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

21-09-2005 16:46 Homepage of Surya
|da jungle snipa|

Helpfulness rating: 

well this is my first time ever building a system from scratch so i'm kinda taking things as they come. i decided the way i want to approach it is buy one part at a time to give myself time to research what im buying before i do. right now i started with the case. i definitely have my mind set on a geforce 6800 gt card for video, prolly just go with 1 gig of memory, prolly go kingston as those are the kinds ive bought through the years and have never failed me yet. sound card im researching into now, may just put that on hold for now, ive already got a mad dog 5.1 soundcard which is really good, but old as hell, bought it like damn near 3 years ago. i'd like to get back into gaming but never really had the time or money to start doing a real system capable of handling modern games like doom 3. ive already got a maxtor 114 gig internal drive that ill use for now and get another maxtor, not sure what capacity yet as a backup drive. processor, ive got my eye on an amd athlon xp 2800+ 2.0 ghz barton 333mhz. yeah i know i should go with something with 64 bit support, but im not sur eim ready for that yet. im not really willing to fork out several hundred dollars for just a processor alone. at least not til they come down a bit. btw, for those who don't know, DELL's are prolly the most worthless pieces of shit on the market IMO. I'm on a dell dimension 2400 with a P4 2.8 GHZ which is good for speed, but they are seriously crippled in the upgrade department if you're looking to do it yourself. like mine right now, has only 3 PCI slots, and not even an AGP slot. no space for an internal secondary hard drive. i kinda heard through the grapevine, you have to order special upgrade hardware specifically from dell to upgrade these PC's. so without an AGP slot, im screwed for gaming. well anyways, its gonna be a long road, and got lot of researching to do, but if anyones got some suggestions on ways to go, without burning a hole in my pocket, i'd love to know. btw, im not into overclocking and shit like that.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by optikal_assassin: 22-09-2005 01:43.

22-09-2005 01:35
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

yeah im on a hp and i even have room to expand... agp i dont game so i havent bothered to look into this i know it has something to do with graphics cards...

ne ways

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
22-09-2005 01:42 Homepage of Arkitekt
|da jungle snipa|

Helpfulness rating: 

im no computer tech but from my understanding AGP is the way to go if you want to do advanced aming. something like AGP has a higher badwidth for video than standard PCI, thats why alot of the more powerful video cards are either AGP or PCI-Express. I'm not the most knowledgeable with AGP and what its all about tho, so if someone knows, im kinda curious what makes it soo much better than standard PCI, just so i get the facts right.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
22-09-2005 01:46
|da jungle snipa|

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
My 100% self modded case: http://www.crazymodders.be/index.php?p=7&case=28

Nothing spectacular.

Specs have changed though
- Athlon 64 3000+
- 1GB Kingston RAM
- 300 GB HDD
- Pioneer 16x DVDrom
- Plextor PX-740A DVD burner
- Casemasters silent PSU 400W
- Zalman 12cm silent cooler
- ATI Radeon 9550 (I'm no gamer)
- Still a Sound Blaster Live! Platinum, but my M-Audio Delta 1010LT is ordered Big Grin

Next thing: sound isolated case, I don't care for stupid wondows that reveal the insides!

BTW, nice rig you got there Surya. Bigup I dunno why, but see through cases have always caught my eye, especially when lit up properly. im a sucker for leds and shit like that. Tongue

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
22-09-2005 01:49
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

AGP is way old dudes, if you buy a new rig, you should definately buy a motherboard and Graphic card with PCIexpress. That's the new standard for graphic cards, AGP will disappear in a few years, and you won't be able to upgrade your graphics card if you would ever need to.

Oh yeah, if you want to see what i've done to my case so far, check my site, and go to projects/casemod

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 22-09-2005 11:07.

22-09-2005 11:02 Homepage of djfreemc
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Just startin' upgrades, need some input...