drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Anybody here got an Emu Emulator X?
Go to the bottom of this page Anybody here got an Emu Emulator X?
Author

Registration Date: 21-08-2005

Was thinking of buying an Emulator X as i've heard they're pretty good. Just have a couple of questions on them (which the EMU site dosen't answer, btw)...

1. When using it is a VSTi in Cubase, how many VST outputs can/does it the sampler software create in the Cubase audio mixer? For instance, Kontakt will create upto 16 outputs or HALion creates something like 4 stereo and 8 mono outputs

2. Is it possible to use the card is a standalone all-purpose soundcard
(for gaming etc etc)?

Thanks in advance. Smile
25-08-2005 13:07
daze_DND daze_DND is a male
MYSTIC

images/avatars/avatar-2135.gif

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.25

yes i'm a emu x user ...and i'm loving it

1.....u can get up to 16 outputs (or even 32( Shocked !)outputs if you have a second midi-port to control the next 16 channels with).
Anyway,more then enough....i never have filled up all 16 outputs so far...if you play that much sounds in real-time , yr system will go nuts 'fo shure (see below)

2. shure u can use it for gaming i guess.....don't know really, don't play games on my production-system...but i don't see why u couldn't do that, just as long as it is yr master-soundcard.

Note!
* make shure that u have a very good pc if yr gonna go for it.....it's extremely processor-hungry. Some sounds even overload my system when just playing a chord(yes , just a few notes)....like some piano-patches.
but there are ways around this (freezing /bouncing tracks to audio).
*....but it sounds amazing....and the editing-options are next level.
*it's a pretty complex beast at first but if ya get the hang of it, it will blow u away.....

put some time and effort into getting to know the interface and u won't regret it......

Hope that helps a bit.

__

info/tunes :: MySpace
29-09-2005 17:53
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Anybody here got an Emu Emulator X?