drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » 'aankoopsbewijs' from ortofon OM Pro at Theys
Go to the bottom of this page 'aankoopsbewijs' from ortofon OM Pro at Theys
Author
Sexy Steppa

Registration Date: 26-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Ok got a problem.... About a half year ago I started playing so bought turntables and the whole shit. Bouth myself the ortofon om pro's. But suddenly things started to go wrong. Bad contact with a turntable, 'ruis' ...was kinda pissed so fixed the bad contacts till everything was allright again but then one problem stayed.....

When I play on my right deck, my headphone plays only on one side... , my other deck hasnt got that problem. It was not the mixer cauz' when I change them from side... the problem is reverse. Nor is it my deck... cauz' when I change my headshell from one side to another again the problem is reverse. My conclusion was... something wrong with my headshell but you can only hear it on the headphone and not in the boxes. At the time I was kinda broke so no money for a new headshell and glad I didn't bought it cauz now a friend of mine had a new headshell for me and I was soo happy cauz' now my problem was going to be fixed.... NOT
new headshell same problem... so changed and changed allmost everything exept my needle..... (needle itself is ok, the thing you put it on apperently not not headshell but 'needleconstruction' hope you know what I mean)
so I've put my good needle on the other headshell and the bad one on the one the good one was on.... conclusion.... needle is broke I guess 'fabrieksfout of zo'

Got it in Leuven in 'de Diestsestraat' at Theys, now I don't have the 'aankoopsbewijs' any more. Buy a new needle when I didn't do anything wrong with it... eum... NO

So my question is has anyone bought some ortofon OM pro's there and still got the 'aankoopsbewijs' or you guys think I can go there and explain my problem without it and make a chance of getting me a new needle?

hope someone can help me

grts

__
Enter the place where madness enters your soul
15-08-2005 15:35
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

I think you are making a little mistake in your conclusion. The signal to the headphone and to your speakers goes through the same cable from your deck to your mixer. So if you have this problem only on your headphone, it can't be the needle.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
15-08-2005 19:25 Homepage of djfreemc
Sub-Skit Sub-Skit is a female
Sexy Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

So what can it be? It's not my mixer, aren't my turntables cauz everything works exept that needle, the other one is ok. I've switched everything over and over again till there was nothing to switch anymore except for that needle... switched it and hello problem there were you...

__
16-08-2005 00:27
machakil machakil is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-332.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

had the same problem..
still don't know what it was
solved now: new boxes and new amp Big Grin

__

18-08-2005 21:52
Sub-Skit Sub-Skit is a female
Sexy Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

I still stand my foot on that needle, if you'd see that thing and do the same as I did...you'd think the same thing

__
20-08-2005 15:14
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » 'aankoopsbewijs' from ortofon OM Pro at Theys