drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Absynth 3
Go to the bottom of this page Absynth 3
Author
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 14-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

Ive just purchased absynth 3, i feel rather lost, its different to other soft synths ive been using, its like trying to learn another language! could some one explain the basics, or tell me how to create a bog standard bassline!......also im running absynth through FL studio & cant seem to see the whole of the absynth window! i dont get it.........
maybe its because ive had a drink, but please help because this app seems so cool and i just wanna make a hardcore bassssslineeeeeeee Cool

thanks in advance Pleased

__
Re:Voltage Recordings
www.revoltagerecordings.com
+44 (0) 7904966436
Email: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com
MSN: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com
09-08-2005 23:42 Homepage of Sensa
@1$-)
unregistered
lol.....well i bought v2....and i basically got to grips with it by teaching myself....i found the best way was to analyze the presets....and adapt them to my own needs..theres always something similar to the sound i want, i just tweak it......thats how i leanrt synthesis.........anyway you might want to just try using it as a standalone synth and create some sounds....its more simple that way.....then you can just open it in your host and go from there

other than that your best bet is to check the native instruments website for a tutorial, and also download a bunch of patches form the absynth user library.........top stuff......
10-08-2005 01:27
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

absinth 3 is the shit! I use like munki c suggested.. render files and sequence them

oh fuck tutorials, man. just lower the octave, kill poliphony (shouldnt be hard to find but Im not atmy comp atm to guide you) and fiddle around, move sliders twist knobs etc.. you should be making some dope sounds in no time!

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
10-08-2005 15:51 Homepage of cynik
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

Absynth is very versatile (at least 3 is, havent bothered with the rest of em)

i start at scratch and make the sounds how i want them ...

export and master then import to reason ... nice prog highly recommended,

and as munki its good to teach you synthesis ...

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
10-08-2005 20:45 Homepage of Arkitekt
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

it would be confusing even if you did know it, it's just a weird sound maker if you use anything but the most basic of tools on it. i mean some of the fractal shit in it has INFINTE possibilites.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

11-08-2005 02:37 Homepage of Halph-Price
@1$-)
unregistered
for me the best part is the granular synthesis.....being able to morph tiny little sounds together with delay can create some mad atmospheres.......also its really handy for creating mad rythmical elements, kind of bizarre arpeggiated patterns.....top stuff...
11-08-2005 02:48
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

thge demo ont here site (the dentist) that shit was fucking nerve chilling how good it was, had the deep sound pulsing in the background and the shrill, not not sharp noise.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

11-08-2005 02:49 Homepage of Halph-Price
Blackjack

images/avatars/avatar-1175.jpg

Registration Date: 16-08-2005

Um...this is my first post, so hi!

I bought absynth 3 a few months ago when i started writitng dnb, and it's really good at helping your sounds to stand out from the crowd. The preset bank is varied and mostly useful, but i'd advise writing your own patches from scratch.
The best features for me is that you get 3 LFO's, and that you can draw your own waveforms.
It is the shit, but having said all that, its pretty crap at bass patches.
Also, you either love absynth or you hate it, theres not many people who are on middle ground.
17-08-2005 10:55
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

hi

bass patches - you mean presets. I found none, only some bassy pads that could hardly be used for a bassline.

but you can make it growl some powerful bass sounds fo sure, if you do it from scratch

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
17-08-2005 11:42 Homepage of cynik
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by Blackjack
Um...this is my first post, so hi!

I bought absynth 3 a few months ago when i started writitng dnb, and it's really good at helping your sounds to stand out from the crowd. The preset bank is varied and mostly useful, but i'd advise writing your own patches from scratch.
The best features for me is that you get 3 LFO's, and that you can draw your own waveforms.
It is the shit, but having said all that, its pretty crap at bass patches.
Also, you either love absynth or you hate it, theres not many people who are on middle ground.

crap? lmao no no no no no no no no no no no ......dont believe the hype.....and practice more....ive made some killer lead and sub with absynth.....a waveform is a waveform ....whatever synth its in..its what u do with it that counts.....try running it through something like maxx bass.........and use the filters more!!
17-08-2005 12:09
Blackjack

images/avatars/avatar-1175.jpg

Registration Date: 16-08-2005

crap?sorry i should have rephrased that (if thats possible)
its not that its bad, its just i have some other synths that do basslines better Smile
17-08-2005 12:15
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1473.jpg

Registration Date: 27-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

ive had absynth 3 for a while now. and i was on doa the other day and there is a thread about bass n absynth, marked- dnb junkie patch. does anybody have this.

because acording to them it has some mad sounds in it...

THANX...
02-01-2006 12:22
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

the dnb junkie patch comes with it...it's in one of those synth, bass and acoustic sound libraries, and its just a reece, really.
03-01-2006 03:32
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

ohh yeah i got it. itz patchj 43 on the factory bank v1.
03-01-2006 08:30
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
Originally posted by Blackjack
crap?sorry i should have rephrased that (if thats possible)
its not that its bad, its just i have some other synths that do basslines better Smile

I agree with this guy. I do love absynth for pads and sound effects, even percussion is cool. But I think that there are better synths out there for thick bass tones. And honestly, I have sat and fiddled with absynth far too much. But Ive never managed a bass tone which has impressed me as much as some other synths. Anyone who has used the Titan synth in MI electronic instruments 1 package will know what I mean. I know Ive said this a million times before, and youre all probably getting sick of it but...... Reaktor fucking rules!!!!

Im only using Absynth 2 at the moment, and its quite frustrating because of the way the interface works, but apparently they sorted that out for version 3. If you are gonna use absynth, I suggest that you use it one instance at a time. If your using it for a bassline, get your bassline right, render it, and then get rid of absynth (save the patch first!) It spanks the CPU and Ive had major problems with hanging notes or dropouts when using more than one instance.

ps @ Blackjack, dude, you need a better avatar. Squarepusher is great, but unless your him, (which I doubt) you come of as a bit of a fanboy Bigup
04-01-2006 00:27
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by PEAHEAD
ive had absynth 3 for a while now. and i was on doa the other day and there is a thread about bass n absynth, marked- dnb junkie patch. does anybody have this.

because acording to them it has some mad sounds in it...

THANX...

er..i was reading a similar thread not so long back.....if your gonna use the presets at least tweak them. a lot .theyve kinda been rinsed already!!! dnb junkie is a bit of a shite sounding reece if u ask me......

also try running absynth through reaktor......veeeeeery interesting
04-01-2006 14:47
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah thts wat i thaught. i ent reali very good with reeces yet. has ne1 got netips for me. i want like calyx style. he rinsis it

Thanx

oh and about reaktor does anybody kno where i can get a copy of tht ive herd so much about it. i read a thing on the native insturments site about dom roland and he says he uses it alot and its good stuff.

Peace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PEAHEAD: 06-01-2006 19:53.

06-01-2006 19:51
TuffDread TuffDread is a male
Mr. Tuff

images/avatars/avatar-2867.gif

Registration Date: 26-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Yes P-head a lot of shops stock it!

__
Huh
13-01-2006 16:46 Homepage of TuffDread
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

ha ha whagwan tuffdread.
watch out for tuff dread(jfuzion) he can fukin rinse it out PROPA
tuff dread u got producin rights yet.

and u can change ur user name jus pm The Chronic n he wil do it.. cuz i kno u wana change it...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PEAHEAD: 15-01-2006 09:34.

15-01-2006 02:13
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by PEAHEAD
ohh yeah i got it. itz patchj 43 on the factory bank v1.

the guy asks for patch 43 on factory bank v1 for absynth 3, knowns as dnb junkie. even though some already stated that dnb junkie was on patch 43 on factory bank v1.

NuuB

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

17-01-2006 05:28 Homepage of Halph-Price
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Absynth 3