drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » "chopped and skrewed"...lol
Go to the bottom of this page "chopped and skrewed"...lol
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

So my roommate and some other guys I work with are all about "swisha house"aka "chopped and skrewed" (eg. Paul Waal, Mike Jones, Boss Hog, etc.) This stuff is pretty annoying... It is made by dj's who take rap records (2 of the same) slow 'em down reeeally slow, and play double hits on the snares voc's etc... sometimes add new vocals, which are also slowed down til the voice is real low. This shit is getting pretty big in the states right now, especially down south. Anyone else heard of this shit anywere else around the world?
I'm not into it at all but I hear people pay to get their favorate rap songs "chopped and skrewed". I may try it just for the fuck of it. It's too effin easy!
I'll get mad respect from these fools who don't even know what DNB is and are like "why are you making that music all the time?", "is it like teckno?" haha

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sykotic: 09-08-2005 03:46.

09-08-2005 03:45
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

thats what chopped and screwed is? yeah i've heard that shit, i have NO idea what people get out of it, rap is so ridiculously cheesy and the vocals are so linear these days that anyone who's old enough to drink can be considered "hard".
im from the US too but i've heard that lil jon made a bit of an impact in the US but that was before he went (completely) mainstream...i dont think dirty south crunk rap spreads so wide...therefore the rest of the world has been spared, and is lucky as hell. i hate that retarded crap.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Darkside: 09-08-2005 04:31.

09-08-2005 04:31
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I ain't heard the whole shopped and skrewed thing. I guess i must be in the dark lol. I agree with what darkside says tho about rap, nowadays it's all the same shit, rappers talking about how much money they got, how many bitches they have and big ass rimz and lowriders. It's pretty much all the same. I like alot of old school shit tho, that actually has meaning and is funky. Kinda funny around here man, I get funky looks when playing dillinja and shit in my car cuttin' through the neighborhood. The looks I get from people when they hard ass bass tearing through the neighborhood thinking it's prolly rap but then it turns out to be drum n' bass, and they're like wtf lol. I've only met one other dude who knows what jungle is in my area.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
09-08-2005 05:29
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

Confused dont get it, so they play 2 same records beatmached? or get some kind of a 2-step delay? slowed down, wtf.. sounds extremely stupid with them pitched down vocals and all

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
09-08-2005 10:09 Homepage of cynik
Pablex Pablex is a male
Massive Junglism

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Registration Date: 20-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

rap sounding all the same nowadays? Confused
i guess we're listening to some different stuff then,
there's actually some great stuff out there

__

09-08-2005 10:44
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

true, check jedi minds tricks, Outerspace, Non phixion, Necro, MOD The black Marveln and the whole supercharger records camp, a tribe called quest, etc etc etc

Loads of good stuff around nowadays!!! just dig that bit deeper than the surface Wink Big Grin

__

09-08-2005 14:51 Homepage of Emblem-X
Old-School Rolla

Helpfulness rating: 

well yeah i kno theres good rap, its just that none of those rappers would ever give in to something as stupid as "chopped and screwed" so i didnt include em.

Psyche Origami, Styles of Beyond and Atmosphere are also some wicked shit.
09-08-2005 16:36
Old-School Rolla

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Sykotic
(eg. Paul Waal, Mike Jones, Boss Hog, etc.)

mike jones is a fuckin loser dude, he gave out his cellphone number on the record, probly cuz he gets lonely sometimes...

quote:
Originally posted by optikassassin
I've only met one other dude who knows what jungle is in my area.

same here Crying
09-08-2005 16:39
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Pablex
rap sounding all the same nowadays? Confused
i guess we're listening to some different stuff then,
there's actually some great stuff out there
yeah, i'm just used to hearing all the shit people play at work, you know the real hard dirty south stuff that sounds about all the same. i have heard alot of good stuff tho, don't get me wrong, just doesn't seem to catch me how it used to.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
09-08-2005 17:10
Pablex Pablex is a male
Massive Junglism

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Registration Date: 20-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

yeah i understand and know what you mean
about 5 years ago i loved what battle axe brought out,but when i heard swollen members last stuff i didn't feel it was as good as it used to,although i've got to know a couple of rappers i didn't know untill last years,which music i loved straight away

__

09-08-2005 21:37
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » "chopped and skrewed"...lol