drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » FL Studio Automation Tutorial
Go to the bottom of this page FL Studio Automation Tutorial
Author
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Ok, I feel a little funny doing this cuz 1.)I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right spot and 2.)this might be totally obvious. It's just kind of a way I'd like to contribute since I've seen this question appear in different places. So I've ran through and did some pictures showing the easiest way for me to do it. It's worked for all 3rd party vst plugins I've tried it on. Not sure tho about DX effect plugins. The ones I tried didn't work this way tho, including some of the Waves and Sony Express Plugins. I'm just thinking it's something to do with the DX and VST thing. I dunno. But anyhow, really hope this answers some questions and helps a little.

step 1.

Rally simple to start with, just open the effect window you wish to automate. For this one I'm using the T-Racks Compressor component as part of the VST package.

step 2.

Click the little plugin symbol in the upper left hand of the effect window to bring up the drop down menu. Select "Browse Parameters".

step 3.

Now if it's not open already, FL will open the Sound Browser with all of the automatable parameters for that plugin if any are available.

step 4.

All you need to do is "Right Click" any of the parameters in the menu, and select "Edit Events" from the pop up menu.

step 5.

now from there it will open the automation event editor where you can draw your automations as normal.

Again hope this helps and I'm sure most already know this, but just for some that don't, hope this was easy enough for you. I've tried using the record option for automating, but this way just seems more accurate for me as I can draw more precise events.

Remember this was done with VST effects. I even tried the DX version of this same plugin and I couldn't automate it. Hope it helps. Bigup

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
06-08-2005 04:50
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Nice one Bigup

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

06-08-2005 11:41 Homepage of Surya
|da jungle snipa|

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks Surya. I know again alot of people prolly know this by now, especially those who use FL religiously, but I've seen this question asked soo many times elsewhere cuz it's not extremely obvious, since you can't just right click alot of vst knobs to automate. Some you can, but not very many.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
07-08-2005 17:20
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Haha and now the best comment I can find on this thread:

What's FL Studio?

HAAAHAHA JOKE

Nice one man Wink altho I can't really work with FL...
I don't really know how it works, so I stick to the old MAGIX bullshit

__

07-08-2005 17:23 Homepage of Rude
Sensa Sensa is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 14-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

cheers m8 helpful stuff

__
Re:Voltage Recordings
www.revoltagerecordings.com
+44 (0) 7904966436
Email: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com
MSN: sensa@revoltagerecordings.com
07-08-2005 23:07 Homepage of Sensa
Aaron Patey

Registration Date: 04-11-2004

Thanks alot for that man. I have been using fruity for like 3 and a half years now and I never took the effort to learn automation like that properly. You just made it easy for me, thanks a ton. Oh yeah and I tried with my DXi plugins and it worked, so I dont know whats with yours.

__
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DJ A.L.P<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
08-08-2005 05:18
|da jungle snipa|

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Patey
Thanks alot for that man. I have been using fruity for like 3 and a half years now and I never took the effort to learn automation like that properly. You just made it easy for me, thanks a ton. Oh yeah and I tried with my DXi plugins and it worked, so I dont know whats with yours.
Sorry soo late on this reply. Hmmm, I dunno, maybe it works for certain DX plugins, none of mine worked tho. The only ones I checked as far as DX plugins was the Waves Line and Sony Plugins. I only use VST plugins anyways in FL Studio. But glad I could help man. That's what it's all about. Bigup

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
09-08-2005 15:12
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » FL Studio Automation Tutorial