drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » HELP! I erased all my samples!
Go to the bottom of this page HELP! I erased all my samples!
Author
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

and it consumes an incredible amount of harddrive too.

on default windows settings the motherfucker takes 30% Shocked Evil

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
03-08-2005 18:55 Homepage of cynik
thefunke1
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-634.jpg

Registration Date: 09-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.67

Sorry for the late reply Nosrac, although glad to hear you got everything back!

In the future, there is really only one prgram out there at the moment that works the best, it's called "Get back data", other recovery programs work alright, but this is the best I have found.

System restore is a waste of time, and yes, takes up hard drive space ( you can set the amount in the default setting, it shouldn't be using 30% of your hard drive), it doesn't recover files though, it's actually progamed not to alter, of change files, so that is not an option. The recycle bin is the same, it doesn't catch all files, and if by accident you delete a large bank, then it will be too large for the bin to take, therefore deleting the files from you computer.

All files on your computer are always there, even when you delete them, or reformat your hard drive using a windows re-install. The only way to totally erase a hard drive is to use a program that will write all zero's to the drive, if this is done, then everything is gone.

The best advise has been given in the other posts... backup!!! The best way to do this is to run an external hard drive from your tower, or laptop, then when backing up you create a mirror of your hard drive, then you can format your drive till the cows come home, and re-install with no problem. It's also a great way to clean up your computer should it be filled with annoying trojans, virus software, adware, etc. which 99% of us will have, regardless of what virus and anti spam software is installed, and as you are aware, these programs run in the background thus loosing cpu speed.

So apart from that how is everything on the other side of the pond? I think you sent me a PM that was intended for someone else by the way :-)

Ok, all for now, really glad to hear you got everything backed up. I have lots of new toys for you to play with when you get back :-)

Take care, and hope everything is just chillin!

Some great links and advice though to all the others that posted!

P.S.

In N.I. Battery remember to save samples as kits once you are working on a tune, this way battery will load it up as a kit, if you just load the samples on each pad and then save it as a .cpr file, then Battery will seach for the samples when loading, and if it doesn't find them then it won't load them :-)

__
www.acidplanet.comAfro
05-08-2005 02:47 Homepage of thefunke1
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by thefunke1

. I have lots of new toys for you to play with when you get back :-)

:-)

can i play Big Grin
05-08-2005 03:16
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

so i am looking around on my hard drive to delete shit, cuz i don't have enough memory free to even defrag.
i find System Volume Information, which is the System Restore log's. 4 gigs right there.
thanks to showing me how to get to the damn thing in accessories, windows help (is just the BIGGEST load of fucking crap, and i would delete it off to save memory if i could) kept showing me System Restore, click Backup. as if System Restore and Backup are the same thing. i have no backups on my computer, and they were definatly not taking up a sizable chunk of my memory.

now instead of max, it takes up less than a cd. it's worth it.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

07-08-2005 16:54 Homepage of Halph-Price
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

I turned it off for good Bigup

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
07-08-2005 19:46 Homepage of cynik
collar collar is a male

Registration Date: 24-11-2005

Hello,

You can try Active@ undelete tool to restore erased files. It works simply great and never failed me before. It's algorithm is powerful indeed. That should really help you.

http://www.active-undelete.com/
24-11-2005 22:32
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » HELP! I erased all my samples!